• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

Sympathetic stuck on 'on?'

6 week update on Apollo Neuro Device. I've been using the device for upto 6 hours a day and also some nights. As stated previously, my nervous system is in a state of fight or flight often - it's very difficult to come out of that state of alertness and find that true space of relaxation and...
  2. E

Thank you Kanga Sue for the details. I just got my Apollo (60 day trial) today and turned it on for the first time minutes ago. I will give this a go for 2 months then take it from there (it would have to see definite results to keep it). I like having a back up plan for delivering...
  3. E

Can you give me more details? Brand, etc? How do you use it (in the non-"personal" ways )? I really think that holding a vibrating object would calm my body. Thank you.
  4. E

The vibrating stuffed animal that one holds during a neurofeedback session is part of the system - the vibrating element responds to the changes in brainstate. The vibration is so calming to my body but unfortunately, I have been unable to find a vibrating stuffed animal online. Someone...
  5. E

Regarding neurofeedback, I've had 9 sessions. I watch Moving Art (it's on Netflix) as I do my session - nature and music. Early on, I felt present in love and immersion with beauty - parasympathetic states that are difficult to access. At this point, I can't say there is any concrete...
  6. E

Also....I just ordered an Apollo Neuro. There is a 60 day money back guarentee so there is no risk in trying it (have to pay shipping cost).
  7. E

I hold a vibrating stuffed animal at during my neurofeedback session and it brings me into my body and calms my system down - I find it very comforting and relaxing (and this highly charged system struggles to feel relaxed). I see mention of bullet vibrators and I see one can buy Build-a-Bear...
  8. E

Anyone have a copy of Gupta or DNRS they'ed like to sell?

Hi. A good place for support and also the possibility of buying (or being gifted) a used copy of either brain retraining program, is Planet Thrive website. It is a very positive, uplifting site! I wish you the best. Onward and upward! p.s. I have the program guide from the Optimum Health...
  9. E

Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long

Thank you Jody! It is somehow reassuring to hear others describe my experience. It allows me to let go a little bit and feel into this larger community I am a part of. May we all feel grounded, safe and supported as we continue our separate but united journeys toward health.
  10. E

Are seizures related to ME?

Hello All, I'm new here. I wanted to share my experience with sensory storms/seizure like activity. Two years ago I came across the term "sensory storm" in the CFS Treatment guide. It was the first reference I found to what I have been experiencing for four years now. I call them "attacks"...