• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Food intolerances - advice needed please

Thanks both for your replies! Best wishes
  2. S

Food intolerances - advice needed please

Hello all I have read it is common for people with ME to develop food intolerances or food allergies. But how to test for these accurately? Here in the UK there is the York Food test - but most nutritionists/ dieticians do not recommend it. I read that an exclusion diet is the only real way...
  3. S

Fitbit: ultra-pedometer for auto-tracking activity

Well, I have this problem! Not only with making lunch but with many things! E.g. I was bed bound for many months and couldn't climb the stairs. Every time I tried to climb stairs my legs would be in agony and I would have a flare. I kept trying, but it kept happening. In the end I figured I...
  4. S

Fitbit: ultra-pedometer for auto-tracking activity

I have a Fitbit and would definitely recommend it for anyone with MECFS. It helps to establish a fairly accurate baseline and stick to it. However, a word of caution....setting limits and obsessively monitoring them can be counter productive! For example, if I set a limit of 2000 steps per day...
  5. S

Weird bruises on calves

Hi there I also have these bruises on my calves and I couldn't work it out. Then I realised what it was.....because my calves often ache I squeeze them and massage them with my hands..this happens quite subconsciously most of the time. I then noticed the bruise on my calf was exactly where my...
  6. S

Comment by 'Smith' in 'In a long crash...is bed rest helping or making me worse??'

Thanks all for your replies! Very helpful! I guess I just have to wait and be patient, I will eventually come out of this crash! Kind regards to all
  7. S

In a long crash...is bed rest helping or making me worse??

hello all I have been in a bad crash for eight weeks. It's the longest one for me. Main symptoms are constant headache, dizziness, severe jelly legs, sensitivity to noise and light.....and with all that a feeling of total despair. I am panicking that I will never come out of this crash. For...
  8. S

Smith

9. S

Q10 ubiquinol, in the UK

Hello all I am thinking of starting to take q10. It seems that ubiquinol is better than regular q10? Is that right? I tried to get it prescribed, no luck. Can anyone recommend a good, low cost supplier in the UK? ideally I would like to start at a low dose, say 50 mg. Any thoughts or ideas...
  10. S

Wired but Tired or that Blasted "red alert" feeling

This 'red alert ' wired feeling is literally driving me crazy. For me it is the most distressing of all the symptoms.....I simply cannot relax or switch off. It's like my whole body is electrically charged, stuck in a weird panic state. It is awful and I don't know what to do about it. I seem to...
  11. S

High dose vitamins causing a crash?

I know this thread was a while ago, but just to add something from my experience.....I recently started a multivitamin, and at the same time I got this awful 'red alert ' wired feeling, like I was plugged into the mains, or as if I had drunk 1000 espressos. I didn't make the connection at first...