• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Will be starting Ketamine treatment.

Please keep us posted on how Ketamine is working for you.
  2. M

High dose Vitamin C for EBV

There is a doctor here in the US, Thomas Levy, who is a big advocate of high dosage IV vitamin C .Healer, humbug, or simply deluded? I can't say.
  3. M

Why not Ketamine?

Come on, Kid- It's easy! Just close your eyes, lie back and think of England.
  4. M

Why not Ketamine?

Kina- my argument, in brief: Ketamine has been around for decades. It's FDA approved, and is one of the most thoroughly studied drugs on the market. It is also been tested informally, tens of millions of times by young boneheads everywhere. This may be 'anecdotal' evidence to the Sheldon...
  5. M

New Fast Acting Antidepressant Not Ketamine

Nice catch, Kitty Cat.
  6. M

Why not Ketamine?

Kina- I wouldn't go as far as conflating, but there are definite parallels. I get depressed when I look out the window and see the three kayaks I will probably never paddle again. Thinking about the dive trip to Indonesia I had to cancel when I was stuck down on Dec. 29th of last year...
  7. M

Why not Ketamine?

Justy- Sorry if I offended you. I was not trying to defend recreational use of ketamine or any other drug. My own recreational drug use is confined to an occasional glass of red wine. I have never tried Ketamine, nor would I do so outside a clinical setting. My whole point is, Ketamine is a...
  8. M

Why not Ketamine?

Justy- I am aware of the ongoing sensationalist propaganda campaign against Ketamine in the UK popular press. We have propaganda campaigns here too. To wit: THOSE EVIL RUSSIANS THOSE EVIL TERRORISTS...
  9. M

Why not Ketamine?

Yes, Ketamine physically heals the brain. It repairs the damage caused by stress. Read the article on Ketamine and synaptogenesis in the August 20 2010 issue of 'Science'. Sorry, I can't post a link- I'm a computard- maybe I've got brain damage!
  10. M

Why not Ketamine?

The therapeutic doses given for depression and PTSD are fairly low - .5mg/kg. This is only around 1/4th of the anesthetic dose. Recreational users often take much, much more. Also, it is administered by slow infusion, so if you don't like the flight, inform Nurse Handy and she'll shut off the...
  11. M

Why not Ketamine?

That piece was written back in the Stone Age [1998] . Cliff Anderson rebutted ' Walter White' point by point in 2003 and 'White' formally withdrew his conclusions in 2004. Modern clinical research shows the opposite- Ketamine actually heals the brain.
  12. M

Why not Ketamine?

The advantages of Ketamine as a treatment for CFS/ME 1 It's cheap. No $8,000 for a bottle of Valcyte. 2 It works right away. Hours, not months. 3 It's safe and non toxic. This stuff has been around for decades as an anesthetic and is very safe when administered SLOWLY in a clinical...
  13. M

Why not Ketamine?

Come on, Kitty Cat- think positive! I know you have been suffering for a long time but I can't help thinking- help is on the way. We have been cast into the darkness, but not forever!
  14. M

Why not Ketamine?

Are any CFS/ME doctors offering Ketamine treatment for their patients? This drug has some remarkable qualities that would seen to make it a likely treatment for our condition. 'Science' August 20, 2010 Ketamine effects synaptogenesis - in other words, it heals fried brains, and reverses...
  15. M

First Direct Evidence of Neuroinflammation - 'Encephalitis' - in ME/CFS

And what, pray tell, does drugs.com say about aspirin, a drug that kills hundreds of people a year? Ketamine has been around for decades and is well proven to be safe when properly administered. It could help this poor woman immediately.
  16. M

First Direct Evidence of Neuroinflammation - 'Encephalitis' - in ME/CFS

CallieAndToby- Look into Ketamine infusion. There are clinics in New York that will do this for you. It's a cheap, safe drug that repairs fried brain synapses and works very well for depression as well.