• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. TheChosenOne

What I discovered so far

Fungi disappear automatically after adopting a fuitarian diet and improving the gut microbiome. The same is probably true for parasites.
  2. TheChosenOne

What I discovered so far

Yes. It can be transmitted from mother to child, maybe also sexually as lyme is a far cousin of syphilis.
  3. TheChosenOne

What I discovered so far

I've received three more lab results since the last post. Before digging into them, first a few things I've tried. I'll try to be short as I'm still figuring things out. A long post about things that may be wrong or not effective is just a waste of time. At the end of September 2016 I saw a...
  4. TheChosenOne

Do I have Lupus?

He didn't say anything about it. We're gonna do an extra test for Rheumatoid Arthritis to exclude that.
  5. TheChosenOne

Do I have Lupus?

History: Candida infection + mercury poisoning + pyroluria + Lyme (for ~20 years). Leaky and inflamed gut for (probably) 15+ years. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/what-i-discovered-so-far.39248/ ANA/ENA IgG results (by Mikrogen): CENP IgG (specific for limited PSS): Negative...
  6. TheChosenOne

Do I have Lyme? Do 90% of people with fibro really have Lyme?

According to Buhner, the Borrelia bacteria have been found on Antarctica. Ticks are not the only animals that transmit Borrelia. Mosquitos and spiders are thought to be able to transmit the disease as well.
  7. TheChosenOne

Opaque urine

Not yet. I'm seeing De Meirleir again in two days. Maybe he knows.
  8. TheChosenOne

Opaque urine

My urine is opaque from time to time and it usually has a distinct, fruity smell. Anyone with similar experiences?
  9. TheChosenOne

Comment by 'TheChosenOne' in 'Might have Bipolar II'

I'd check for Lyme disease or another infection.
  10. TheChosenOne

What I discovered so far

This twitching doesn't really bother me it's just a symptom. Magnesium doesn't seem to make much difference. Maybe I have some success with some Magtein. I'm currently figuring out herbs I can pick from the buhner protocol (especially for neuroborreliosis), so it will likely disappear when I...
  11. TheChosenOne

What I discovered so far

It's been a while since I got all the results. Figuring everything out and writing it all down took some time, hence the delay. I also wasn't really overjoyed in starting to write either. During the first appointment at Himmunitas, you have to fill in a list with symptoms. Dr Richard Horowitz...
  12. TheChosenOne

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

NAC *should* increase glutathione which reduces inflammation.
  13. TheChosenOne

Pyroluria, is it real? I'm really skeptical and here is why.

I'm also a pyruloric and supplementing zinc and B6 make a huge difference. I believe pyroluria is just the result of something else. I still have an important candida infection and some mercury poisoning. Maybe some infections are involved as well. I'm doing a blood test next month to check this...
  14. TheChosenOne

My Dopamine Concern: DBH, GCH1 and COMT

Hi I've made an update on my main post: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/what-i-discovered-so-far.39248/#post-714117 I don't think genetics are the first thing to tacle. I'm currently checking out other stuff like infections. I doubt I really have a dopamine issue. But I've made...
  15. TheChosenOne

What I discovered so far

I think of pyrrole disorder as an additional problem, but not as a causative. I think pyrrole in my case is caused by candida and heavy metals and maybe other infections (still to be investigated). Taking B6 definitely has some effects on mood and sleep. The only time when I feel bad is when I'm...
  16. TheChosenOne

What I discovered so far

I haven't checked my copper levels yet. That's why I'm only taking 100 (150) mg of zinc. I didn't find much difference between B6 and p5p. Maybe that's for the best. p5p is expensive. Did you test B6 or the active form? I'm sure it isn't gone. It never was. I've tried to eliminate the candida...
  17. TheChosenOne

What I discovered so far

It's been a while since I've given an update. I've come to new insights. Foremost, I've been completely wrong about half my first post. I'll explain in a moment what I was wrong about and why. A few months ago, @caladonia made a reply to my thread and he mentioned pyrrole disorder as a cause of...
  18. TheChosenOne

HPU/KPU doctor Belgium

Which lab did you use? Was it a 24h collection or a single one? Did you add ice to the solution?
  19. TheChosenOne

HPU/KPU doctor Belgium

I'm trying to do a HPU test and I've found a lab that does these tests. The problem is the fact that the urine test is being sent through mail which means that I have to do this test myself. Because of the nature of this test, this might not be a good idea. Is this what most people do? Is there...
  20. TheChosenOne

Methylfolate vs Folic Acid: Myths vs. Facts

Lol. Exactly this. Remember that suicide and mass murder pills are FDA approved.
  21. TheChosenOne

What is going on? NAC causes burning brain and other symptoms, ALA does not.

I've taken turmeric recently with very bad results. It is supposed to lower inflammation, but it gives me a massive headache. It also worsened heart problems as I got a rapid heart rate as well as a huge pressure on the right side, spreading towards my shoulder. I've recently been experimenting...
  22. TheChosenOne

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

As a candida sufferer, I agree with the fact that it can cause anxiety. The toxins that are released during die off are probably highly inflammatory. Although most problems with candida are sugar related. This is actually really good. Something else that works well is resistant starch.
  23. TheChosenOne

Thanks for your reply. I've taken methylfolate in the past and I figured out that I'm doing better without it. The only methylfolate I take is from my B complex: Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 40 mg 2,667% Riboflavin (25 mg as Riboflavin and 3.6 mg as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 28.6 mg 1,682%...
  24. TheChosenOne

The NAC experiment is over with mixed results. I did this for 5 days. Some days I was really awake. During other days I wasn't. I did sleep very well every day except for the last day. Then I took some more NAC during the day, something I shouldn't have done. I had a nightmare and by the end of...
  25. TheChosenOne

Thoughts on genetic genie results? dealing with possible lyme and host of other issues..

I think it is difficult to say what supplements you have to take on SNPs alone when you have lyme. According to Klinghardt, lyme steals methylation donors. You might benefit from SAMe or methylB12. You might want to look into mercury intoxication.
  26. TheChosenOne

I used some glycine in the past, but it didn't do anything. I'm planning to try it again in combination with glutamine. What is your opinion about turmeric? Cutler says that it "is really good at raising thiol levels." But I want to try it to counter anxiety. Assuming @Hip is right, don't I...
  27. TheChosenOne

Infrequent chelation. Harmful or helpful?

Yes. But the fact that you feel better on it (and after it), isn't that indicative that the damage dealt by the redistribution is actually minor compared to the possible benefit?
  28. TheChosenOne

Infrequent chelation. Harmful or helpful?

The idea of frequent chelation is to mimize the damage done by moving around mercury. Now, what if a person actually feels better on chelation supplements? Everytime I take a capsule of DMPS, I get almost immediate relief from mercury related symptoms. What's behind the idea that you have to...
  29. TheChosenOne

I've experienced something weird. About a year ago, I took some NAC (600 mg) in the evening (before bed time) just to try it out. I slept really good and was well rested, but I woke up with heart pain and trembling hands and feet (more than usual). Soon after getting up and eating breakfast, I...
  30. TheChosenOne

Help with 23andMe data.

Why do you take calcium as a supplement? In my experience, DMPS is much better than DMSA. Especially with gut problems. You have depression. Methylfolate increases serotonin reuptake (so the opposite of what SSRIs do). How well can you tolerate methyl donors?