• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Celiac Test Done: High IGA and IGM Levels: Is This Precursor to ...

Last main point! Question/Theory? So here is why I started this whole Journey. I wanted to know if I could get Celiac or have Celiac. The reason being is because my wife is pregnant and we are going to be have 2-3 kids. I wanted to know if I am going to have to be that Dad that is like I...
  2. A

P.S. I forgot to mention that I have been gluten free 2-3 weeks now just trying it out and I feel absolutely amazing. I mean it’s like night and day. I use to feel sluggish, sometimes rarely I would get a slight pain right before going to the bathroom in my lower intestine, I would have diary...
  3. A

Good Update! Need Your Advice! Okay everyone, I just got back my results for my both my Genetic Celiac and Immunofixation, Serum TESTS. Immunofixation, Serum: No monoclonal protein identified. HLA Typing for Celiac Disease: The patient has one of the HLA-DQ variants associated...
  4. A

... Posted 2 hours ago · Report post 2 hours ago, casuallythere said: I am not exactly sure what you are saying. Are you saying that if I get the Genetic Test to see if I could get Celiac or not ever in the future. That is not a reliable test? I mean what if the Genetic Test says there is...
  5. A

... Hi CT, The gene test can tell you if you have the genes associated with celiac disease. It can't tell you that you will get celiac disease. About 30% of people have a gene for celiac, but only about 1% actually get celiac disease. So you can go gluten-free, but you'll never know if you...
  6. A

Thank you very much for this information. I really appreciate it. Let me see if I understand you correctly. My Options: 1. Get a Genetic Test 2. If Genetic Test is Positive Get Biopsy 3. Biopsy Comes back Positive = Go on gluten free diet 4. Biopsy Comes back Negative but Genetic Test comes...
  7. A

... More: You asked some questions that there are no definite answers for right now. So you are going to have to make your decisions based on incomplete knowledge. You asked if it is possible to prevent the development of celiac disease by avoiding most gluten now. There is no clear cut...
  8. A

Please see below comments from another thread and let me know if you see anything that you would adjust. But I believe I know what I am going to do with my GI Doctor. ... So here are some thoughts for you - If you were on a "normal" gluten containing diet, and your Celiac antibody tests were...
  9. A

Thank you very, very much. This is actually quite helpful. Sometimes someone breaking it down for you like you have for me is what someone needs. That is an excellent idea. I will call my GI Doctor and request a Genetic Test. If it shows that I could have it, then I will probably do the...
  10. A

I really, really appreciate your help. Thank you. I think you make a very good point. I believe what you are saying is that: 1. I should probably call my Doctor back and get refereed to the GI Doctor in the same office 2. Talke to the GI Doctor about my IgA at 680 and my Peptide IgA at 20 3...
  11. A

Yes please give me everything you have or help in any way you can. I guess my Doctor has no clue. Here is my main question. My dad never did a biopsy to actually confirm he has it 100%, however, he was on the floor screaming in pain in his gut, when he eliminated gluten, it was gone. He...
  12. A

Exactly, maybe my Doctor doesn't know what tests to run, or he is just ordering a celiac test and just being done with it. See that is the reason I just don't want to get off gluten entirely if I do not have to. Exactly right again, I have seen two Doctors at the same office, one is internal...
  13. A

Hello Everyone! I’m back and I’m still here. However, I have some questions. My Doctor said I was on the borderline now. So I pressed him harder and asked him what did he mean and he said since I am on the max level of 20 on my Gliadin Peptide Ab, IgA that I should go Gluten Free now. As all...
  14. A

Update ... Hey Everyone ... I actually might have something to go on now. Someone posted some good information on another forum. I might actually think I have something like "connected tissue disease" I do have hypo-tropic scar and small benign growths. I will try to talk to my Doctor about...
  15. A

I apologize. I meant to also ask: Do I have “polyclonal Gammopathy of Unknown Significance (MGUS)”? or is this even possible? This is what my Blood Test says: Immunofixation, Serum 01 Immunofixation Result, Serum An apparent polyclonal gammopathy: IgA and IgM. Kappa and lambda typing appear...
  16. A

Also … Do you think I have this: MGUS: Monoclonal Gammopahty of Unknown Significance (MGSU) http://www.webmd.com/hw-popup/monoclonal-gammopathy-of-unknown-significance-mgus Or has this been ruled out by my blood tests? Or Bacteria Sinusitis or some kind of infection or allergy that my body...
  17. A

I see. Yes my Father has Celiac so I think I have a genetic chance of getting it as well. I did get skin allergy testing but I have not done food allergy testing because I think they told me insurance companies do not cover food allergy testing and it is very expensive. I wonder if I should do...
  18. A

Thank you so much for helping me with this. This really helps when someone breaks it down like that. I appreciate you. My Father has Celiac so I could to have a sensitivity to it. I have had the tests for Celiac and all the Doctors says that I do not have "Celiac Disease". Some people have...
  19. A

Last year I went to a Doctor for Low Testosterone. Only because I thought I had low testosterone. I told him that I was not feeling on top of my game and that my dad had celiac. Well he order a complete panel of like everything. The lab bill was like 1500.00 dollars. Covered by insurance...
  20. A

Last 2 Symptoms – Left Face Sensation and Lower Left Back Torso …

I was wondering if you ever found out what was causing this or found any more information about it. I really think it might be Sinus’s or Eye Strain. I have the same thing off and on. I recently ran into some serious stress and was taking many exams and staying up extremely late not even going...
  21. A

UPDATE: Ok I am not sure if this helps or not, but I no longer have the weird feeling in my left torso, that is gone. The only feeling that I have left is the weird sensation right on the left side of my nose and possibly sometimes below my left eye. It comes and go. If I put an eye patch on...
  22. A

Left Face – Slight Sensation – Eye and Cheek – Allergies?

I looked up that disease and have zero other symptoms its suggests.
  23. A

I have absolutely no pain. It is just a light sensation like something is there. very faint.
  24. A

UPDATE: Ok I am not sure if this helps or not, but I no longer have the weird feeling in my left torso, that is gone. The only feeling that I have left is the weird sensation right on the left side of my nose and possibly sometimes below my left eye. It comes and go. If I put an eye patch on...
  25. A

Sleep Has Been Destroyed! Pain: Sub Conscious? Anxiety?

For the past 6 months my sleep routine has been destroyed. The only thing that I can think of is when I started having back pain only while sleeping. I have no back pain when walking around doing stuff but only in the morning when I wake up. Once every few days or weeks it seems like a can get a...
  26. A

Morning Back Pain – Should I Spend Money?

Hello Everyone, I know there is so much out there on back pain; but I have a tough money question. I am a returning college student with not a whole lot of money. I am 33 year old male is I would say good shape. I work out decently and have a nice physique. My problem is that one time I went...
  27. A

Weird Sensation on left side of Torso or Waist Area …

It is so weird. Absolutely no pain. Not numb or anything. If I move or massage it or don’t think about it almost feels like it goes away. As I am typing this I do not feel it at all. It actually might be right waist more to the back area than the front area and probably closer to ribs. When I...
  28. A

Elevated IGA from Celiac Disease Test. I do not have Celiac Disease…

Thank you very much, that was some extremely helpful information. You are correct my Doctors have told me that HIGH IGA clinical means nothing. I also went to a GI Doctor and he did run the newer more advance Celiac Tests and they all came back negative. I do have Digestive Issues like IBS...
  29. A

I have none of those symptoms so I would assume no.
  30. A

Elevated IGA from Celiac Disease Test. I do not have Celiac Disease…

IgA is the antibody that protects your gastrointestinal tract and respiratory tract among other things. Oh, I will do that! I should see him at my next IVIG infusion on the 17th. Sometimes I don't get to see him but I think I didn't last time so I should see him this time definitely. I am...