• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Karenironside

Today's Blog: Officially, I Can Afford to Get Sick Again!

Today's Blog: Officially, I Can Afford to Get Sick Again! Today is an auspicious day - today I am officially back at work full-time. Sick pay is over! www.whatwillhappentome.net
  2. Karenironside

Comment by 'Karenironside' in 'Today's Blog: What Will Happen To Me? Living Life'

Today's Blog: Unbridled Expectations Total recovery cannot come before recuperation: I wish I had thought about that earlier. www.whatwillhappentome.net
  3. Karenironside

What Will Happen To M.E.?

Today's Blog: Unbridled Expectations Total recovery cannot come before recuperation: I wish I had thought about that earlier. www.whatwillhappentome.net
  4. Karenironside

Today's Blog: What Will Happen To Me? Living Life. Reflecting on life after a year of illness. www.whatwillhappentome.net
  5. Karenironside

Today's Blog: What Will Happen To Me? Living Life

Today's Blog: What Will Happen To Me? Living Life Reflecting on life after a year of illness. www.whatwillhappentome.net
  6. Karenironside

Today's Blog: Breathing Life into an Old Dog How breathing correctly has dramatically improved my health and achievements www.whatwillhappentome.net
  7. Karenironside

Today's Blog: Breathing Life into an Old Dog

Today's Blog: Breathing Life into an Old Dog How breathing correctly has dramatically improved my health and achievements. Www.whatwillhappentome.net
  8. Karenironside

Of course I won't! I will continue to blog about my experiences positive or negative. I firmly believe in patients helping themselves and one of the ways to do that is if we work together to share our experiences so we can learn from each other.
  9. Karenironside

Putting all of your estimates together with mine and it becomes totally appalling!! I don't think our statistics are so very very out. Let's imagine that we are out by 50% (far too much) that is still £180 m per year.
  10. Karenironside

Unfortunately, I'm forced to agree that you may very well be right. It is very wrong but I think you are right. It angers me so much that there are people out there that may well be curable if only they were believed or if they are if only doctors would be a little more imaginative when looking...
  11. Karenironside

Today's blog: Doctor, Where Art Thou?

Today's blog: Doctor, Where Art Thou? How many M.E. patients are left abandoned to ill health? www.whatwillhappentome.net
  12. Karenironside

Today's blog: Doctor, Where Art Thou? How many M.E. patients are left abandoned to ill health? www.whatwillhappentome.net
  13. Karenironside

I will let you know!
  14. Karenironside

Today's Blog: You Can't Be Serious?! Really?!

Today's Blog: You Can't Be Serious?! Really?! Could one consultant appointment change everything about my illness? www.whatwillhappentome.net
  15. Karenironside

Today's Blog: You Can't Be Serious?! Really?! Could one consultant appointment change everything about my illness? www.whatwillhappentome.net
  16. Karenironside

I don't disagree with your suggestion at all. I guess I just don't feel I need a wheelchair. Sure I can't walk as far as I want but I can walk for 1.15 miles with a break midway. That isn't a lot but it seems more than one should be able to do if you use a wheelchair. This week I have started...
  17. Karenironside

Today's blog: Frustration I want to do it! I want to do it!!! www.whatwillhappentome.net
  18. Karenironside

Today's blog: Frustration

Today's blog: Frustration I want to do it! I want to do it!!! www.whatwillhappentome.net
  19. Karenironside

Today's Blog: I've Got to Get Out of This Place: Holidaying with M.E. Do I regret it? No. Would I do it differently in the future? Yes! www.whatwillhappentome.net
  20. Karenironside

Today's Blog: I've Got to Get Out of This Place: Holidaying with M.E. Do I regret it? No. Would I d

Today's Blog: I've Got to Get Out of This Place: Holidaying with M.E. Do I regret it? No. Would I do it differently in the future? Yes! www.whatwillhappentome.net
  21. Karenironside

Karenironside

I used to say to people when they asked me, "tell me about yourself." "Well, I'm the Head of English in a middle school, I live in Stratford upon Avon with my husband and two cats." All the above is still true but now I need to also say I have M.E. It doesn't define who I am but it does...
  22. Karenironside

Today's Blog: A Man Shaped Print on a Wall A post I wrote in response to a request from Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance. Www.whatwillhappentome.net
  23. Karenironside

Today's Blog: A Man Shaped Print on a Wall A post I wrote in response to a request from Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance. Www.whatwillhappentome.net
  24. Karenironside

Today's Blog: Holidaying with M.E. Yes I'm being naughty and may regret it but I am doing it consciously. www.whatwillhappentome.net
  25. Karenironside

I have to say my desire for progress is nothing to do with being anti-social. More to do with my desire to get to the point where I can have a life even if it is in reality only a part time one. I'm aware that there is no guarantee this will happen but I believe this shouldn't meaning I...
  26. Karenironside

Today's Blog: Things Just Aren't As Good As You Think They Are - Sorry Sometimes being honest is the hardest thing. www.whatwillhappentome.net
  27. Karenironside

No because any improvement no matter how potholed the road to it may be is worth reinforcing in yourself the belief that over time significant progress can be made. It is a million tiny steps back and forth but eventually I will be a million times better. Not better perhaps but lots better.
  28. Karenironside

Today's blog: Relapse - Look At How Much I've Achieved! Finding posivity in a negative situation www.whatwillhappentome.net
  29. Karenironside

I would seriously try it. I can't believe the difference it made for me. My clarity of thought, energy levels, how I sound all has improved so so much!
  30. Karenironside

Kina two sets of drugs similar to Amitripyline killed me as did Am for a few days but over a week I felt better. I've had zero repercussions from Melatonin. The next morning, I woke up already feeling better. It might just be you or me or the combination! Who knows!