• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Please help, I'm in a predicament

Its only unfathomable for the moving reason. If she cannot even get out of bed without exertion, there's no way she can go through the process of moving countries. Not right now, anyway. In regards the the power of attorney, this is me speaking from memory so I might be wrong - but it was...
  2. N

I posted that on Friday. That too. It is now Tuesday. The head of the practice didn't in fact come yesterday and was supposed to be coming today... but she didn't. Instead, we have just received a phone call from the previous doctor. She wanted to talk to Katie, so I handed over the phone...
  3. N

@anciendaze Just need to clear up something I misunderstood - Dr. G won't be offering Kate Immunotherapy. Dr. G is basically a doctor of environmental illnesses with... while not specific specialty in ME, some knowledge about it. He will do tests and prescribe drugs mainstream medicine won't...
  4. N

Hi all. Thank you for your replies :) Does Burrswood have the equipment necessary for Katie to have a CT scan and various other tests (endoscope, etc)? I looked over the site and can't find anything. Looking further afield could be an option, but the short drive to Broomsfield is already...
  5. N

That's what her parents were trying to do. I don't think they do it in Broomsfield. They also tried paying for a private hospital and got referred to the psychological approach.
  6. N

Hi, This is Katie's friend. I flew over to take care of her and I've been here for the past month. (Whoever it is who is keeping contact with Kate through emails, I emailed you myself the other day on her email account). I am writing here because she cannot and I don't know where else to turn...