• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Sherpa

Getting Over Post-Vaccination Flare

I survived it after 5 months of disability. Feeling good again and building my strength up. I am now studying to become a certified health and wellness coach and starting a full-time job in August!
  2. Sherpa

How I Recovered From a Vaccine Injury / Post-Vax Long Haul COVID

4 months after my last symptom went away, I am still holding up and back to fully recovered "normal life" myself - although the world seems to be in a kind of strange and unsettled place.
  3. Sherpa

How to Make Your Own Low Dose Naltrexone

Good to know of that option! but this is more like $35 per year and you can change your own dose any time.
  4. Sherpa

How to Make Your Own Low Dose Naltrexone

LDN can be expensive if you get it from a compounding pharmacy. Here are some quick notes on how to compound it yourself cheaply with bottled water, naltrexone 50mg tablets & a shot glass: http://brettborders.net/how-to-make-your-own-low-dose-naltrexone-ldn/
  5. Sherpa

I hope it can help others. Please share if you know any place appropriate to post it!
  6. Sherpa

I had a 6 month CFS "relapse" after taking the Moderna COVID shot. Here is what I had to do to get my health back: http://brettborders.net/covid-post-vaccine-recovery/
  7. Sherpa

SOD2 A16V mutation and exercise - should antioxidants be used?

Yes, I've tried the Seeking Health - it's fine. But as I said, nothing I can't live without. I am +/+ on all the stuff you are +/- on (MTHFR, MTR, MTRR) ! For me the best methylation supplement of all is Methyl Charge+ by Quicksilver Scientific.
  8. Sherpa

SOD2 A16V mutation and exercise - should antioxidants be used?

I have this mutation and I respond well to antioxidants. If you want you can always take extra SOD in the form of Extramel melon extract. I don't think it is essential as long as you keep oxadative stress low or take other basic antioxidants (Vitamin C, pycnogenol, astaxanthin, curcumin...
  9. Sherpa

Methyl Charge+ : a great supplement for methylfolate-sensitive "overmethylators" with MTHFR

I have been on this forum since 2014 and have tried over 25 methylation supplement. Methylfolate and TMG in normal doses are WAY too stimulating to me! Methyl Charge+ by Quicksilver Scientific is the best formula I have ever tried. It has liposomal forms of : B2 B6 B12 (as methylcobalmin)...
  10. Sherpa

Vaccine injury (In ME patients)

Moderna caused a relapse for me. I was fully recovered from CFS/ME and living active life. After taking the shots my stamina dropped by 75%. It's been 10 weeks. Fighting like hell to recover from the vax. Dr. Ram Yogendra explains how Long haul (post covid or post-vax) is caused by nonclassical...
  11. Sherpa

Dr. Bens' Cellular Repair Protocol for Long Covid / Post-Vaccine

Update: After 5 days on Dr, Ben's protocol I feel amazing. Really positive mood, optimistic, good energy - feels like sunshine after gloomy rain. It has not helped my cardio / exercise intolerance yet but it average 4 to 6 weeks for a full recovery.
  12. Sherpa

Dr. Bens says it can be for Long Haul Covid or post-vaccine. i don't know about as a vaccine preparation.
  13. Sherpa

Yes, still fatigued at 2 months after vaccine. It's a less nasty kind of fatigue caused by cardiovascular inflammation where I just get tired and need a nap rather than "crash" - usually. Less PEM. I haven't gotten on the proper healing program, which is linked above, until just now.
  14. Sherpa

I have been on this for 3 days now and it seems to be really helping
  15. Sherpa

I wanted to share a really interesting protocol I found by Dr. Charles Ben, Ph.D. You can read it here: Help for Covid-19 Long Haulers: Dr. Bens' Cellular Repair Program. Here is a rough outline: Reduce the viral presence / boost immune system: Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Olive Leaf Extract, Zinc...
  16. Sherpa

Post-vaccine Inflammatory Syndrome - I-RECOVER & Dr. Levy Protocols

I am really benefiting from the high dose oral + I.V. Vitamin C infusions - I felt like he vax caused massive oxidative stress and it is clearly helping. Once I feel saturated with the C I will take the ivermectin.
  17. Sherpa

Post-vaccine Inflammatory Syndrome - I-RECOVER & Dr. Levy Protocols

I had a ME/CFS relapse after taking the Moderna vaccine. For 3 years prior to taking the vaccine, I was fully recovered: working full-time + volunteering + exercising frequently + dating. After floundering for 6 weeks to wait it out and treat it with random supplements, I came upon two articles...
  18. Sherpa

Update at day 38: I upped my LDN to 4.5mg and felt an immediate improvement. Also started taking pantethine (B5) as a Prednisone alternative to help control cytokine flaring. In the comments on this Experts on the Vaccine thread on Health Rising, user Brendan Rob says: Dr. Lam says that...
  19. Sherpa

Update at day 32: Added NAD+ booster (NAD3 by HPN) and NOW Resveratrol, 200mg. Adding these sirtuin activators reduced the chronic fatigue and PEM feelings. I went to the gym and lifted weights (lightly) yesterday, then cleaned my house for 3 hours and seemed to be fine. The strategy of mast...
  20. Sherpa

Update at day 27: taking Perimine, Chinese skullcap, HistaAid (by Quicksilver, as a mast-cell stabilizer) and LDN and the inflammation is lowering further still. I feel like the vax brought my inflammation way, way up. It has gradually dropped each week with interventions. It is not completely...
  21. Sherpa

Recommended Supplements for Mast Cell Flares

According to Dr. Beth O'Hara, here are some recommended supplements for mast cell flare ups -- Quercetin or Integrative Therapeutics Alpha-Glycosyl Isoquercitrin Pycnogenol Gaia Olive Leaf Extract CBD Oil Chinese Skullcap extract (Baicalin) Mirica or PEA Epsom Salt baths
  22. Sherpa

Chinese Skullcap & Perilla Seed Extract for Mast Cell Flares

Chinese skullcap (Scutellaria baicalensis) and perilla seed extract are recommended by MCAS practitioner Dr. Beth O'Hara for managing inflammatory cytokines caused by mast cell flares. This seems like good information beyond the typical "take vitamin C, quercetin & benadryl" treatment that gets...
  23. Sherpa

tumor necrosis factor inhibitors

Try Chinese skullcap (baicalin) to lower TNF-a. Very good stuff.
  24. Sherpa

Chinese skullcap seems to correct PEM/the energy problem in ME

Tonight I took 8 drops of Haung Qin (Chinese Skullcap) liquid extract it it feels very soothing. Really seems to "hit the spot" and downregulate my inflammatory response. Seems like good stuff, excited to explore more!
  25. Sherpa

Chinese skullcap seems to correct PEM/the energy problem in ME

Here is a great article by a MCAS naturopath that recommends two types of Chinese skullcap (bacalin) extract. It is said to be relaxing (GABA agonist) and helps getting out of inflammatory 'flares' by lowering culprit inflammatory cytokines TNFa, IL-6, etc. Here are the two forms of Chinese...
  26. Sherpa

Low-dose naltrexone (LDN) - how's it working for you?

Is it OK / optimal to take LDN with herbal anti-inflammatories? I started up LDN as an emergency rescue for flare from Covid vaccine. I also read posts from Dr. Beth O'hare recommending Chinese skullcap and perilla seed extract for mast cell flares. I wonder if it's OK to ombine these for...
  27. Sherpa

Dealing with my SNP's

@floxie_dad Check out Dr. Chris Masterjohn's Methylation Protocol He treats MTHFR naturally with food more than intense chemical vitamins. It really worked for me, vitamins never did!
  28. Sherpa

Update: At 21 days it feels like the flare has gone down noticeably. I cut the antihistamines, went back on LDN (low dose naltrexone) and kept taking HistaAid (C, quercetin, luteolin). I think the LDN really helped!
  29. Sherpa

Had third round of Covid vaccine (Moderna). Feel relieved.

Moderna shot #2 sent me into a dreadful flare, from fully recovered straight back into to brain fog / fatigue / PEM. The flare has been going on for about 20 days post-vax. I have been taking antihistamines and supplements for damage control. I have started taking LDN, which has reduced...
  30. Sherpa

Hi Friends, I got the Moderna vax second shot 17 days ago and I am still feeling a post-vaccination flare. I had been completely recovered and working full-time and exercising hard for past 3 years. I had nearly forgotten about CFS. The vaccine has temporarily thrown me back into a world of...