• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Article: Four Viruses! Alter Paper Confirms Retroviral Findings in CFS

I've written a post elsewhere on this forum about the possibility that other factors have to bring down our immune systems to enable XMRV (or closely related MLV-related viruses) to infect en replicate in humans. After infection has firmly settled within the host, this virus could be able to...
  2. S

NIH/FDA XMRV Paper by Dr. Alter Out!

I thought about this too, and i think an initial environmental factor (which include infections) first has to suppress an effective Th1 immune response in the host to enable XMRV to infect that person and start to cause immune dysfunction on its own. I have another study, which is rather...
  3. S

Yeah, i downloaded these slides when they where a 'hot topic'! This is what the slide about XMRV and MLVs said: --- Comments on the Agent Du Jour -XMRV The data in the Lombardi, et al Science manuscript are extremely strong and likely true, despite the controversy. Not only have they...
  4. S

Even when the CDC is able to detect the virus in a panel of samples it is still possible that they have problems with collecting/storing/handling the samples before the actual testing. Especially when they used plasma. It could be critical to immediately centrifuge whole blood to get the plasma...
  5. S

I have entered the following search terms in pubmed to find this article: ("Retrovirology"[Journal]) AND Gerwyn ("Retrovirology"[Journal]) AND Gerwyn[Author] this search gives me no results. Can you give an accurate reference to this paper; date of publication, volume, issue, authors...