• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. bertiedog

Very Interesting Research on Long Covid - Is this very similar for ME?

I listened to this podcast early this moning on BBC Radio 5 which I found extremely interesting and the obvious thing is to wonder has a similar issue occurred in ME. I have found the podcast information from the Naked Scientist ie Dr Chris Smith which is well worth listening to or the...
  2. bertiedog

Long Term Sufferers = Low Stomach Acid/SIBO/IMO?

I think this topic possibly relates to long term sufferers of ME/CFS. I have had this wretched illness for 24 years now but I think it was gradually building from my late 40s (I am now 76) and know for sure I have low stomach acid which has given me SIBO or more acurately in my case IMO...
  3. bertiedog

Excellent Channel 4 News item on Merryn and Maeve's death from ME.

I saw this yesterday evening and was very impressed on this coverage, probably the best I have seen on ME. The only criticism is that they didn't specifically mention some of the abnormal research findings especially from the US researchers although I know Sean O'Neil did say that more research...
  4. bertiedog

Need help finding drugs on prescription

Well I have been lucky because my order arrived this morning only 11 days since placing it. I am very sorry that you lost out on yours but thanks again for letting me know. Pam
  5. bertiedog

How did you pay btw? I paid by credit card but don’t suppose that would help if I run into the same issue. Pam
  6. bertiedog

That is very disturbing to hear. Did they answer your emails and did you get any tracking information at all? Pam
  7. bertiedog

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

@Hip Thanks so much for your help and I have just placed and paid via Paypal my order from Safegeneric harma. I found it very easy to do, way easier than paying inhousepharmacy and I will end up with a much larger amount of medication which will probably be needed over time as one doesn't cure...
  8. bertiedog

Thanks Hip. I should remember to check my spellings. Will check out goldpharma and hopefully not have to use an Indian one. Also thanks for the explanation regarding the way to handle the prescription issue. Pam
  9. bertiedog

@Hip Can you let me know please what you do about putting a doctors name and telephone number on an order to an Indian pharmacy and also how you are paying for the order? I am also in the UK and am having problems in paying inhousepharmacy.eu as they aren’t accepting transfers from Wise...
  10. bertiedog

Was there any problem with paying at indiapharma.co Thanks Pam
  11. bertiedog

I am hoping somebody can help with an issue I have regarding ordering meds from the UK. I need to order a generic version of Rifaxamin and also some thyroxine. I have found these ok at inhousepharmacy.vu and have used this pharmacy many times in the past paying by transfer from Wise and paying...
  12. bertiedog

Propranolol antiviral against covid19 [Study] Mar 2023

I have to take 40 mg standard Propananol in the mornings and 30 mg in the afternoon to control my blood sugar which is a bit too high despite being very slim and fairly active (but with also loads of rest periods through the day and evening). I also eat a very healthy diet and have done for...
  13. bertiedog

Muscle abnormalities worsen after post-exertional malaise in long COVID (Appelman, Wust et al 2024)

I think this is definitely exciting (from Twitter yesterday) Rob Wüst @RobWust · 21h Replying to @EleanorDavin and @NatureComms We are now seeing if something similar happens in patients with ME, and hope to include muscle biopsies from patients with severe ME as well in the near future...
  14. bertiedog

Article A Gut-Immune-Energy Model: Pt. II – The Armin Alaedini Interview

Hi Murph I had to stop the Tudca after 12 days as it pushed my bp too high and I also had insomnia with it waking way too early (I have a tendancy for that anyway). Because it gave me better energy plus the bp thing and my finding that there is research that showed it helped with conversion of...
  15. bertiedog

As you know I am learning so much about the gut and its proper function and how things like bile acids play a part as well as you have said butyrate. I have now been on a different form of butyrate which has evidence for more activity in the gut than sodium butyrate. Its 3 weeks almost that I...
  16. bertiedog

I take a few targetted strains of probiotics along with polysaccharides like Artichoke powder, pomegranate peel and cinnamon powder (have to be careful with the pommegranate one because it can be very constipating which is the last thing I need) plus FOS in varying amounts. I don't seem to...
  17. bertiedog

Dr Bansal consultation

@godlovesatrier I was wondering if you have had a chance to read the thread A Gut-Immune-Energy Model: Pt. II – The Armin Alaedini Interview and the comments following it? I have posted a few rather lengthy replies of the very recent research I have been reading by Lucy Mailing PhD who has been...
  18. bertiedog

Actually there were many studies on humans mentioned especially as to the cause of the gut dysfunction. I think it was where Lucy was looking into further research for further explanations to get a fuller understanding of why the depletion was happening after say poisoning with Campylbacter as...
  19. bertiedog

I think I have found a researcher who understands what exactly happens to cause this breakdown in our colon and especially the gut barrier which the above article is also talking about...
  20. bertiedog

SARS-CoV-2 found in vagus nerve of deceased COVID patients, supporting Michael VanElzakker's vagus nerve infection hypothesis of ME/CFS

I am wondering if the following might be helpful regarding where is the inflammation in ME patient's coming from. The following is part of a blog from the Biomesight website regarding Proteobacteria which cause high amounts of LPS - Overgrowth of Proteobacteria in the large intestine is one of...
  21. bertiedog

Press Release Pfizer and BioNTech Receive U.S. FDA Approval for 2023-2024 COVID-19 Vaccine

Thanks for that negative information. I am having this one on Friday!! Pam
  22. bertiedog

OMF Kynurenine trial

I have ordered the Life Extension one and have a new yoghurt maker which should help. I have read it is much harder to ferment Bifido bacteria as it will need a prebiotic to feed off plus the milk of course. Also it needs to be kept at approximately 39 C for maybe 24 hours depending on the...
  23. bertiedog

Cort Johnson, the Founder of Phoenix Rising, Returns to Lead the Forum!

That's very nice Cort, I have been following you at HR btw. I still remember the methylation stuff that Rich was so hot on and even now incorporate it into my daily regime, especially the importance of folate and B12 (and for me high dose B2 as well). I think it was around 2005 when we started...
  24. bertiedog

Cort Johnson, the Founder of Phoenix Rising, Returns to Lead the Forum!

I would like to thank Cort for coming back to add his knowledge to the forum. I notice I have been here since 2009 but I thought it actually started before that but maybe I am getting confused with another ME forum. I remember how much I learned from the much missed Rick Van K as well as Cort...
  25. bertiedog

Itaconate Shunt (now called INFa-Itaconate shunt) Part 2!

@HTester Thanks for all the hard work you have put in on behalf of ME/CFS patients and I sincerely hope they pan out. I am also impressed that you are more than happy to work with our researchers/scientists which makes so much sense. One question comes to mind, do your theories explain why some...
  26. bertiedog

The good news: cause of muscle weakness ME/CFS discovered

I am pretty sure I had that in November as I caught it from one friend who came round 5 days earlier and the virus was confirmed by her GP after a blood test. Have never felt so I’ll ever and took about 2 1/2 weeks to start to feel a bit better. The coughing was horrendous and caused pain both...
  27. bertiedog

Muscle sodium content in patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

@Violeta how weird that we are so similar. BTW I also have the nickel toxicity issue and have for years. It’s the reason I don’t wear any jewellery anymore because even gold can leach nickel as well as stainless steel. I was told by Dr Myhill that not only was my immune system being poisoned by...
  28. bertiedog

Muscle sodium content in patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

It's really interesting that you have written that because it was through learning about mercury poisoning which was confirmed by blood tests on how my immune system over-reacted to mercury, that I learned all about a likely connection to the thyroid and adrenals. That was way back in 2001 and...
  29. bertiedog

Can I put a word in here for the role of the Thyroid in muscle metabolism because from my experience it is MASSIVE. That is if one has an underfunctioning thyroid which is probably almost guaranteed with a long standing, severe illness like ME/CFS, then there is no way one's muscles are going...