• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Skin reacting to certain foods

There are a handful of foods that make me feel worse within a few days of eating them. The obvious thing to do is just stay away from them, but I want to learn why I'm "reacting" to these specific foods. Yeast (I can "handle" pasta fine but not bread, so I don't think it's gluten. Also brewers...
  2. T

Anemia symptoms with high hemoglobin

@Mij @barbc56 I get what you're saying. I did just now find out about non anemic iron deficiency, which I gather is having low iron but normal hemoglobin levels, and it does seem to fit my symptoms. What bugs me is the studies showed women who had low iron and Hb ">12 g/dl" which I guess could...
  3. T

@Jonathan Edwards Yes, I'm trying to rule things out before going forward and all of the types of anemia seem to go hand in hand with a low hemoglobin level, which is also what my doctor told me. The reason I waited months to make this thread was to see if it was simple deconditioning but at...
  4. T

Since I was a kid I have had symptoms that I guess resemble anemia. Pale skin with dark circles, fatigue, lightheadedness when standing up, shortness of breath, cold hands and feet, heart often beating very strongly, lips and nails turning dark purple when cold or exercising very hard… I never...
  5. T

Fatigue and inflamed eyes

Thank you for answering.. My eyes never go puffy or baggy when I haven't slept well, quite the opposite actually. It's like someone took a syringe and drained fluid around them. Regarding mouth dryness I don't seem to have a problem with that and usually I seem to produce a lot of saliva. I...
  6. T

Fatigue and inflamed eyes

Whenever I feel fatigued my eyes become completely inflamed. I'm talking bloodshot with thick squiggly veins, dry, irritated/gritty and sensitive to just about everything (light and wind e.g.). Sometimes when I haven't slept enough, they also get this sunken look to them and consequently my...
  7. T

Are essential fatty acids 'toxic'?

Is there a connection between essential fatty acids and salicylate intolerance?
  8. T

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

I've tried PS a few times in the last months and every time I get really gassy, which I guess happens to many. But in my case it's very foul smelling gas and I also get smelly, sticky stools. I did notice the same thing used to happen many years back when I would eat cooked and cooled...
  9. T

Blood test and vitamin status

Thanks for the reply, Martial. So, a deficiency of folate/b12 would cause an increase in RBC? This started with me coming across a list of symptoms for undermethylation and it caught my eye because I recognized so many of them. I was just about to place an order for a methylation protocol when...
  10. T

Blood test and vitamin status

Hey This whole methylation thing is new to me and I'm trying to figure out if I should look into it more closely. Went and had some blood drawn last week and now I have a few newbie questions. My hemoglobin is 173. From what I've read this number is also an indicator of your red blood cell...