• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. SquidProQuo

Remeron

This is probably the little study you found: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12606843 My experience was pretty anecdotal — my own test results and experiments. And reading other people's stories. Know, though, that whatever you do chose to do (with Remeron)—the reversibility of the effects...
  2. SquidProQuo

Anyone here with homozygeous GAD1 genes?

Thanks! This is fantastic. I'll see what I can find out for you about GAD too if I come across it.
  3. SquidProQuo

Anyone here with homozygeous GAD1 genes?

Where did you get your report done. I ran my 23andMe through GG and Promethease but Never saw GAD on the lis (or NOS), so I am curious!
  4. SquidProQuo

Where to find SUOX on 23andme?

Came here for this, have the same SUOX as y'all. The Heartfixer site also mentioned NOS D298E and ACE which didn't show up when I Genetic Genie'd my 23&Me data. Anyone else have anything for that. I could find nothing in the data for NOS and LOTS (too many) for ACE, I don't know which one I am...
  5. SquidProQuo

Comment by 'SquidProQuo' in 'I'm recovering, I think.'

This is amazing. You describe something very close to my experience. Thanks for writing this post. I'm on the mend right now to (and feeling all intense as well!). I've changed so much about my life and my similar overachiever/hard-ass attitude to get here. I'm sure i'll be back to re-read this...
  6. SquidProQuo

Comment by 'SquidProQuo' in 'Well enough to manage illness'

I wanted to say that I read your "How it all began" post about three weeks ago and tried the process you described. It did something to my brain—who knows what—that allowed me a level of acceptance I'd never experienced before and I was able to re-frame my experience and illness. It allowed me...
  7. SquidProQuo

No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast

This is a wonderful article and puts into words exactly how I am feeling right now having dramatically and suddenly improved (which has allowed me the energy to really delve deeply into this site). The more time I spend here, the more I understand the set of "CFS" shot ones to be the body's...
  8. SquidProQuo

How to boost melatonin?

Delicious cherry juice! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22038497/ It's a specific type of tart cherry.
  9. SquidProQuo

Who's trying to get to bed and get up earlier??

Hi All, I have so much to say about DSPS. I've been told by doctors and psych. docs that it "doesn't exist" and for me, it was a very early syptom (or cause) of all my issues. Either in itself or how I was encouraged to"treat it". BUT I don;t want to rant, I want to share a cool app that helps...
  10. SquidProQuo

Who else saw big success with Tyrosine?

Oh man, don't you hate it when people don't give dose/manufacturer! It's my pet peeve and LOOK WHAT I DID! I took the Now brand L-Tyrosine @ 500mg $5.27 @ eVitamins Canada $3.64 @ Supplement Warehouse The product info warns against taking this in "Persons with thyroid disease...
  11. SquidProQuo

Who else saw big success with Tyrosine?

Just tried it last night (becasue I found it at the back of a drawer). Definite uplift very quickly—I guess it doesn't lose potency either becasue it must have been ~7 years old! I wouldn't recommend taking it before bed as I did (lol) but I bet it's super in the morning. NOT jittery (although...
  12. SquidProQuo

Potassium supplementation? Please help!

Weird question, but do you find your symptoms line up with a certain point in your monthly cycle? I have major fluctuations in leg and sometimes even arm strength that seem to follow that pattern. I'm not implying that is causing the problem but it might really exacerbate it, as it does in my case.
  13. SquidProQuo

Remeron

No kidding! Next time I'm just going to say, "Ok, I promise not to "Google" as long as YOU do." I'm just such a research person. Having worked in libraries in my youth, and now in education, it just makes so much sense to me to "look things up" becasue I don't expect people to know all the the...
  14. SquidProQuo

Remeron

Just wanted to add a note here for people researching this drug: Sleeping and improved appetite were good, and side effects were minimal (I couldn't tolerate SSRIs). BUT... keep an eye on your Cortisol, becasue it does lower it‚ and in CFS your Cortisol may already be low. I was getting low...
  15. SquidProQuo

@PeterPositive - yes, which of course makes me question whether the legs issue was ever potassium-related at all or just a correlation I drew--being as I have so few "leads" after so many tests. I am waiting for 23andMe results right now so soon I might know a bit more about what's goin' on. B12...
  16. SquidProQuo

Low Potassium has been a constant battle for me too. It's the one thing that routinely shows up on my tests (but it's only just below the reference range and often overlooked). But I hear you on the weak legs. If you are taking an adrenal supplement, be mindful of Liquorice ( often included) as...
  17. SquidProQuo

My experience with DHEA

Hi All, I am super new here (well, new to commenting anyway!). I had Cortisol and DHEA tests and got a different result. Low Cortisol (expected) and HIGH DHEA (?). The reference range for the test I took (saliva) was 4 – 15 ng/mL and my result was 17ng/mL. I generally feel (and smell like)...