• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. juliaa

The Puzzle Solver, by Tracie White with Ron Davis

The only critical review on Amazon so far is from an MD who was disappointed because he'd hoped to gain insight into better treatment. ❤️
  2. juliaa

The Puzzle Solver, by Tracie White with Ron Davis

Reviews on Amazon and goodreads are really helpful for sales, according to authors i follow on Twitter. I've just finished the book and am trying to get my brain together to write one. It's one more way to help the book get noticed, having thoughtful reviews. Loved the book, the chapter about...
  3. juliaa

Has anyone been helped by chiropractic care?

Years ago, a friend of mine went for occasional road trips to a chiro in eastern Pennsylvania, and I started going along. No bone cracking, just exceptionally gentle brushing sort of touch that seemed like it would do nothing. On the long ride home, the ataxia I'd had from stress of a long road...
  4. juliaa

plane travel when severe?

this is a good idea to consider--i'm not typically sensitive, but it might be one of those things where it's there but less noticeable, and we all know how that stuff adds up. (i used to think i wasn't sound sensitive, and now i very clearly am but looking back, i was subtly sensitive in the...
  5. juliaa

i've looked up angel flights and ironically, i seem to be too sick for them! they require that you're able to walk and can sit up for the duration of the flight, from what i can tell.
  6. juliaa

we were looking into RVs but renting them has turned out more complicated than i expected, and it's a loooong way. i don't think we could take the sort of time i'd need. we talked about it a lot and it got to seeming less and less possible, though it's still a consideration. plane travel is 2...
  7. juliaa

i'm needing to move in with my parents in florida--i just don't have enough support/assistance where i am. plus, i'm going to go to klimas' INIM clinic. and so i'll need to travel from chicago to florida. thanks to a post by sushi, i found the google site search...
  8. juliaa

Introducing Two New Styles

this is from a long time ago, but i just found this option and i love it! i use candlelight on my mac, which makes a lot of things hard to read, but makes it possible for me to tolerate the screen better. (it reduces blue light all the time, unlike f.lux, which only does at night). everything...