• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. nilsoskaraxel

DIY methylcobalamin injections?

Hi, I’ve been using Rx MB12 injections for a few years but due to poor packaging and uneven quality I want to try compounding my own injectable MB12. It doesn’t seem like rocket science. There is a British company called Oxbio that sells sterile MB12 powder in amber vials; you just mix it...
  2. nilsoskaraxel

Degradation of B12 shots after opening a new box

Just Googled this, and apparently gases can diffuse through plastics, so if the vial is a plastic material, maybe some oxygen is getting in. It's a long shot, I know. However, hard to think of any other possible explanation. How are the vials protected in the unopened box? Are they hermetically...
  3. nilsoskaraxel

BTW, I’ve tried Greg’s fine oils. They were good, but didn’t beat a fresh injection. I get better symptom relief from shots when they work. Also, they stained my clothes quite badly which was a downer. I do take all the co factors and have dabbled a lot with B2. And even if I missed some other...
  4. nilsoskaraxel

Hip, • the aluminum boxes are light proof (screw lid) • storing the B12 in the fridge is required to optimize shelf life, according to manufacturer. I’ve left vials in room temperature by mistake and they degraded very quickly. • the vials are made of hard plastic or glass, completely...
  5. nilsoskaraxel

Hi y’all, My need for methylcobalamin is straightforward. When I inject a fresh and potent vial of B12, 90 to 100 % of my neurological symptoms resolve. Five hours later, they return, and I need a new shot. I’ve done everything in my power to enhance my B12 retention/storage (I know Fredds’s...
  6. nilsoskaraxel

SamE bulk powder vs coated tablets?

Thank you, Carl. I do know that SamE is very unstable and was planning to request that they pack the powder in individual air- and lightproof bags of 800 mg (=one single dose); this is doable for an additional fee. Would that change your opinion?
  7. nilsoskaraxel

SamE bulk powder vs coated tablets?

Hi, I need large amounts of SamE (and I’ve tried every trick in the book to compensate with other nutrients—trust me!). This is quite expensive and so I’ve started looking into buying SamE powder in bulk. However, most manufacturers make their SamE as enteric coated tablets to enhance...
  8. nilsoskaraxel

Bulk Methylfolate for sale—awesome price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202475099026 Hi, I’ve been ordering top-notch bulk methylfolate from a Chinese manufacturer for a few years now. However, my methylfolate demands have diminished lately after a few adjustments in my supps regimen, so I can get by with regular capsules and tablets...
  9. nilsoskaraxel

Does inositol impact the BMHT or methionine synthase pathway?

Inositol is sometimes referred to as a methyl donor. I do well with methyl donors like MB12, methylfolate, SamE, and DMG, which encourage the methionine synthase flow, per Rich V’s recommendations. I feel worse on BMHT agents like TMG and choline. So before trying it, I’d like to know which...
  10. nilsoskaraxel

ALA flushes out B12 but is needed for chelation

Thanks, Caledonia. I know that GSH is ”good” for me, but all its precursors messes with my precious B12. I’ve seen it over and over. So I need to keep it in check. At 25 mg ALA, B12 is virtually unaffected. 50 mg or higher impairs B12 retention. So theoretically I could remove all the Hg using...
  11. nilsoskaraxel

ALA flushes out B12 but is needed for chelation

The short story: • I need loads of MB12 to avoid acute deficiency symptoms. With proper doses of cofactors like methylfolate, methylated B complex, and SamE, these injections work quite well. • I have mercury, which I want to chelate (using Cutler’s ALA protocol—have worked up from 25 to 100...
  12. nilsoskaraxel

Cheap sources of injectable methylcobalamin?

I believe that’s what it’s called, yes. I have managed to reverse it about 90–95 % thanks to Freddd’s protocol, which I serendipitously stumbled over a few years ago, but I still need absolutely ridiculous amounts of methylation supplements to avoid setbacks, which can occur within hours.
  13. nilsoskaraxel

I don’t have ME/CFS, but I ran into an advanced B12 deficiency a few years ago which still requires megadoses to keep symptoms at bay. It’s pretty straightforward. More B12, fewer symptoms and increased well-being. I have had zero side effects from it. As for the Alibaba purchase, I simply...
  14. nilsoskaraxel

Hi, I need very large amounts of methylcobalamin. Have tried just about all delivery forms and nothing beats the subcutaneous injections, which my doc does prescribe me. However, I need way more than the Rx allows for and so I’m looking into alternative sources. I’ve previously bought cheap...
  15. nilsoskaraxel

B2 I love you!

Addendum: Even though B2 has very beneficial effects for me, it wasn’t the primary cause of the methylation burst I related to above. Turned out I had eaten some lecithin powder, and BOOOM. Unfortunately, the lecithin caused B12 and folate deficiencies to surface so I had to leave it out.
  16. nilsoskaraxel

TMG makes me very depressed why?

MacGyver wrote: So that would mean anything that increases Homocysteine would help here which means: Taking Methionine Taking things that spare Methionine: Cysteine (might increase urea excretion so not the best idea initially) (hello NAC btw, although that would contradict your experience...
  17. nilsoskaraxel

B2 I love you!

Hadn’t tried B2 as a separate vitamin before this experiment, but it was present in a fairly high dosage in a B complex I had used intermittently (Doctor’s Best) and which seemed to potentiate my methylfolate more than other brands. I noticed that the only difference between this B complex and...
  18. nilsoskaraxel

B2 I love you!

Just a personal note on B2 and methylation: Methylfolate had mysteriously stopped working for me until a while ago, when I by accident discovered that a little extra B2 brought it back to life. BOOM! As little as 4x25 mg riboflavin over a day, on top of a B complex BID, kind of re-activated the...
  19. nilsoskaraxel

Question for megadose B12 users: Can one develop ’tolerance’?

Skipping is unfortunately not an option since allowing symptoms to creep back could undermine much of the healing work done so far. Cutting down on MB12 would not be a matter of pushing through subjective discomfort, as with caffeine or nicotine withdrawal, it’s a matter of potentially harmful...
  20. nilsoskaraxel

Thanks, that’s helpful info! I take it that there is an absolute ”roof” or a point of saturation and that I have some leeway before I hit it. I’ll just keep going then. Yes, subjectively the patches’ absorption rate seems to in the ballpark of what SC injections deliver. They’re surprisingly...
  21. nilsoskaraxel

Hi, Thanks to Freddd’s help I’ve managed to recover almost completely from an advanced textbook B12 deficiency. But two years after starting treatment I still need megadoses of Mecbl, Adocbl, and mfolate to keep neurological symptoms from resurfacing (which they do in a matter of hours or even...
  22. nilsoskaraxel

Can TMG replace methylfolate?

OK, thanks, Critterina. So, since MF and MB12 are synergists I will probably need some amount of both either way. But maybe adding TMG to the mix can reduce my need for a daily 30+ mg of MF. I’ll give it a shot. No, I haven’t done any genetic testing so I’ll have to rely on subjective experience.
  23. nilsoskaraxel

Can TMG replace methylfolate?

I need ridiculous amounts of methylfolate to get my methylation going, which is quite costly. I’ve never tried TMG. Can I substitute TMG for methylfolate—at least partially—to cut my costs? Or do they perform distinctly different tasks in the methylation cycle? I’m not versed in the biochemistry...
  24. nilsoskaraxel

High Dose Niacin not enough to quench mild overmethylation

It does have some methylfolate and MB12 in it but since I require so large doses of these two to get my methylation going I don’t even notice the minute amounts in the Basic B Complex. It sedates me, that’s all. Other people may have totally different reactions. I only take it in case of...
  25. nilsoskaraxel

@sb4 Sure. I found that Kimsie’s advice about niacinamide was quite useful. It’s definitely more effective than niacin, in any case, to take the edge of overmethylation. Only concern is that in large amounts it raises serotonin, and for me that has a stimualtory effect, causing bizarre dreams...
  26. nilsoskaraxel

Kimsie, that answer was the real deal and pretty much what I was looking for. I’ve actually been helped by glycine a few times and this confirms that notion. I’ll also look into niacinamide instead of niacin. Thanks!
  27. nilsoskaraxel

I’m taking potassium as needed too, yes. And magnesium.
  28. nilsoskaraxel

Thanks for your replies. I’m already doing the standard sleeping tricks like magnesium, relaxing herbs, and so on; they are part and parcel of my nighttime supplement regime. They do their job just fine, but they can’t stop the methylation freight train. I have a nice mfolate/b12 balance so...
  29. nilsoskaraxel

Hi, When I take enough methylfolate to feel normal (clear-headed, energized, good mood, etc.) during the day, it always gives me trouble sleeping. The standard solution would be to take some niacin at bedtime—but even when I take as much as 500+ mg, enough to get a nice flush (indicating that...
  30. nilsoskaraxel

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Hi everyone, Seems difficult to catch @Freddd, which is understandable, he must be bombarded with questions. So I thought maybe some of the other cunning forum members could comment on my questions. Please note that I've read every FAQ I could find and been browsing through the mazes of threads...