• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Esther Crawley TEDxBristol Disrupting Your View Of ME

Someone earlier mentioned a thunderclap, here is the link https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/64068-tedx-energy-metabolism-me
  2. B

MEGA Questions and Answers: Latest Petition update

"Patients with CFS/ME will be identified by clinicians in the NHS clinics." This is hugely concerning. I am not in the UK and have no personal experience of NHS CFS Clinics but have followed a wide variety of Facebook ME/Cfs groups for many years now. The general gist of comments about these...
  3. B

Counter petition to the MEGA petition, brainstorming stage

There doesn't seem to be any avenue for asking questions or expressing concerns, which is worrying in itself.
  4. B

MEGA research for M.E./CFS: White & Crawley listed as involved

Thanks very much for the welcome. I read the discussion on this. What I mean is a weak criteria like that of the PACE trial. I think that it depends on who they purport to be studying and how the final conclusions will be presented. I would be worried that a broad criteria would then be spun at...
  5. B

ME/CFS Grand Challenge (MEGA)

I can see how this study can be exciting in it's scope but I question the involvement of the BPS crew and how far their influence, and the influence of vested interests can extend. I would feel far more comfortable if they weren't there. It would be interesting to know if there is some way for...
  6. B

MEGA research for M.E./CFS: White & Crawley listed as involved

I think that there are more crucial nuggets that need to be known before an informed decision to support or not can be made. A very important one is what is the patient selection criteria? Action for M.E have stated on their Facebook page that this is yet to be decided. A weak criteria will make...