• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. 1

High Methionine, yet blocked Methylation cycle

Some interesting comments there and some stuff I would like to try. My panel is quite similar. I have bolded a section that I do not understand why you think that. The reaction SAH <-> homocysteine + adenosine is reversible. Your homocysteine is within range yet the adenosine is clearly high...
  2. 1

Methyl Trap, European Laboratory of Nutrients (ELN), the NHS and Rich Van Konynenburg

Thanks both caledonia and Valentijin. I was unclear my post above :(, to clarify I summed the serum folates which should give a like for like comparison. Maybe I am over analyzing it - the fact that NHS serum folate is much greater than the sum of the ELN serum folates worries me as to why. I...
  3. 1

Methyl Trap, European Laboratory of Nutrients (ELN), the NHS and Rich Van Konynenburg

I recently had the ELN (which is Health Diagnostics in the USA) methylation panel of tests. Just prior to that I'd had an NHS folate test. There seems to be a significant discrepency between the results. Hence I am wondering about the accuracy of the tests themselves, or the maybe the validity...
  4. 1

Managing Potassium Deficiency - Share your experience

General potassium questions are covered in PMC3650509 (it thinks the link is spam so I can't put it in - search). It appears that potassium chloride is not great for bone density.
  5. 1

First experience with L-Carnitine Fumarate

Thanks, probably I should look at more zinc and copper as they are low normal. I am actually supplementing all the above except the carnitine! My plasma zinc is 12 mmol/L range 9-19 and plasma copper 14 mmol/L range 12-22 with supplementation of 25mg zinc/day and 500mcg copper. Zinc was one...
  6. 1

First experience with L-Carnitine Fumarate

I have had at best a mixed experience with carnitine although I do suspect that I should be taking it somehow. I have started and stopped both ALCAR and LCF over short periods as they both seemed to cause me to wake from about 4am and to increase myalgia. I finally decided to take 50mg LCF in...
  7. 1

B12 - methylcobalamin and cyanocobalamin forms

Before I found this site I had started to test a variety of supplements to see if I could reduce some of the symptoms I was experiencing. Eventually I tried B12 (125mcg, 4 * daily). The response was dramatic. I will note 3 of the 12 symptoms that it eventually helped. These 3 were rapidly...
  8. 1

Potassium questions

When choosing the form of potassium to take it appears that chloride is not the best choice to maintain bone mineral density (BMD). This paper covers that among other issues http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3650509/