• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Antivirals Effective Against Coronavirus?

Started feeling a bit sick today. Anyone have information on gargling and applying iodine to the nasal passages? I found betadine has an oral rinse that is 1% solution, so I made about a 0.7% solution and gargled with it, but it burned my throat a bit. Is that expected or user error? Any...
  2. T

How do we sanitize mail and packages? I've heard the virus can live on surfaces for 3-9 days. So far I've just unboxed packages on the counter, washed the bottle (inside contents) off with soap, then throw the package away and wipe the counter. Not sure what to do about paper mail, any ideas?
  3. T

@Hip As far as povidone-iodine goes, I bought a 10% solution. I put 2.5 ML of the povidone-iodine in a spray bottle then filled it up to 25ML with water. This should give me that 1% or so, right? How much do I use to lather? Do I rinse my hands after or just let it rub in and stay on? Does...
  4. T

Where did you see the liverall? I found some on https://bio-japan.net/ but that's the only place I've found it so far. Not sure how legitimate the website is.
  5. T

I haven't looked into it in awhile but I remember that they dosed the rats in the carcinogenic study with massive doses of cardarine, I also saw a study that showed cardarine prevented cancer, it's hard to know what to believe on this one, lots of conflicting data.
  6. T

How about GW501516 aka "Cardarine"? It's used by athletes as a "research chemical" in order to improve endurance and lipids. I read about it a few years ago but it just came to my mind as I believe I remember it to be a strong PPAR delta agonist? Can someone look into this further? Also, where...
  7. T

In regards to ACE-2 i'm a bit confused, does it make sense to inhibit or boost this? You would want to boost it if I understand correctly, since the virus enters the cell via that pathway, creating a lot of it would create more work for the virus? Can someone clarify?
  8. T

Things seem to be getting worse in regards to the 2019-nCoV coronavirus. Does anyone know what type of herbal/consumer available antivirals might be most potent against it? I've been looking into any studies I can find as I assume the virus is somewhat similar to MERS or SARS since they are...
  9. T

Oxymatrine WORKS, But Horrendous Migraines

I've been on and off Equilibrant and Oxymatrine (Alternative Medicine Solutions bottle) for about 4 years now. I am extremely lucky in the fact that it works well for me. I was taking the max dose for a couple of years and getting daily crippling migraines and could not figure out what was...
  10. T

Equilibrant Alternatives? (Oxymatrine)

Just replied to your message. I did take the alternative medicine solutions Oxymatrine and could feel myself getting worse and worse, I was getting tired easier and couldn't do as many sets when I was working out. Back on equilibrant now and starting to feel better again. Not sure why but that...
  11. T

Perfect, last question: I saw the dosage is proprietary for equilibrant, I read some speculation that it was 1G of oxymatrine per 6 pills(full dose), any knowledge on that? Just trying to figure out my starting dose.
  12. T

Awesome, thanks @Hip ! Going to order the Alternative Medicine one. Any other ingredients in equilibrant you think are crucial to prevent relapsing?
  13. T

Hi all, I've been taking Equilibrant for about 3 years now, and I am very lucky to be one of the people that it has helped. I am looking for an alternative now, something with oxymatrine(shrubby sophora root extract) because the calcium and licorice in equilibrant are giving me major...
  14. T

I start to relapse every time I come off equilibrant

Is there any dosage guidelines for cimetidine? I want to try it but worry about the stomach acid reduction since CFS patients are especially prone to SIBO and other co-infections. I notice that zyrtec infinitely helps my symptoms. Is there any issue going above the 6 pills a day of...
  15. T

Supplements For Cholesterol?

Thanks! I have a lot of that laying around the house so that is very helpful!
  16. T

I have a really bad methylation profile, so niacin makes me feel weird mentally, and b12+folate makes me feel weird mentally too, so I try to be careful with methylation-type sups.
  17. T

I'm currently taking a med which is messing my cholesterol up a bit. My overall cholesterol is good, but my LDL is a bit high, and my HDL is a bit low. Is there anything besides niacin that helps raise HDL or lower LDL?
  18. T

How to Beat Candida PERMANENTLY

Yes, I have, most of the problems stem from an ineffective immune system in my opinion. This is why normal people can eat sugar and drink beer all day without issues, yet someone with a poor or non-balanced immune system eats 10 grams of sugar and has a full yeast flare up.
  19. T

Desmopressin (ADH) for polyuria (excessive urination)

Is there any way to monitor your sodium without getting your blood tested every day? For example, what if your pee is clear, and what if it is orange, would that signify anything, I'm not sure how it works since you're holding water. Also, wouldn't drinking water with lots of salt still be...
  20. T

Natural ways to raise cortisol?

I think there's ACE extract, isn't that just bovine cortisol? (Adrenal Core Extract) That would directly boost cortisol without using prednisone,hydro, or other steroids. Jarrow makes a good one i think?
  21. T

Desmopressin (ADH) for polyuria (excessive urination)

I know I am necroing an old thread, but is anyone still taking deso? I just got it prescribed today. I've been in remission from CFS(as long as I keep using equilibrant) for 2+ years, but ive had migraines every day for 6+ months now. My dr and i think i may have POTS which is triggering the...
  22. T

Daily Migraines? Weird

@ryan31337 @Webdog @realturbo @Valentijn Thanks for the replies! I definitely have some GI issues, I have gastroparesis/nausea when I eat large meals or foods I'm sensitive to. If I eat smaller or medium meals it's not as big of a deal, though. I notice my headaches definitely get worse after...
  23. T

Daily Migraines? Weird

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion I will look into that! (ON occasion)When I stand up I get horrible pain in my head and dizzy for 30 seconds. Sometimes standing up itself will start a headache. I took that exact product(migrelief) for 4 bottles, it helps a little bit, but definitely didn't fix...
  24. T

Daily Migraines? Weird

I've been having daily migraines for the past few months, they most often start in the late morning-afternoon. They seem to start as tension headaches(back of the head pain), and if I don't do something to stop them, they turn into full blown migraines(one sided, throbbing). This is an every...
  25. T

How to Beat Candida PERMANENTLY

Hi everyone, I've been a member here for a long time and been involved in a lot of different threads. I have recently been thinking more about candida since one of my cousins(we're close friends), has been really struggling to get rid of candida. I remember when I was battling candida I was...
  26. T

Alternatives to equilibrant?

@halcyon I was thinking about doing something like that. The "proprietary blend" makes things tricky. Is there any estimate as to the amount of oxymatrine in equilibrant?
  27. T

@Mary Thanks, I will try that, I've never tried inosine. Is there a recommended dosage for people with CFS?
  28. T

Equilibrant works really well for me(been taking it 2 years) but over the last 3 months ive been having DAILY migraines. I think ive traced it back to equilibrant. I think it's the high calcium content in equilibarant ( my blood calcium is already in the higher range on lab tests). Are there...
  29. T

@Hip Wow, thanks for that post it is super informative, maybe I have a lot of enterovirus in my stomach like in the biopsy pictures above, when i stop taking equilibrant I get increasingly worse GI problems. Is there anything else very effective for someone who responds to oxymatrine? I've...
  30. T

@Hip Wow, I had no idea, I just heard to stay on it for a year. When I start to "relapse" my digestion sucks, i feel sluggish, etc generally when I run out of pills, for example i just ran out yesterday and will get more in the mail in a couple days, it happens slow but definitely goes downward...