• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Food Grade vs. Pharmaceutical Grade

I have not looked into her theory, thanks for mentioning. But I have tried zinc acetate, B12 Hydro, and PeptoBismal with no success...
  2. P

Yes, I tried prokinetic medications as well. While they work for some people, I couldn't tolerate them due to severe headaches. Individuals with SIBO are highly sensitive to fillers and preservatives present in supplements and drugs. Substances like cellulose, any form of alcohol (ethanol...
  3. P

Thank you for sharing the link. The provided link discusses Hydrogen and Methane types of SIBO. A decade ago, I had Methane-type SIBO, and after undergoing tests and using antibiotics mentioned in the article, my Methane SIBO was completely eliminated, only to be replaced by a new type of SIBO...
  4. P

Hello everyone, Due to my digestion issues (related to SIBO), I am highly sensitive to various fillers present in orally taken supplements. The regular pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) supplement, which contains D-Calcium, doesn't suit me well as any form of calcium tends to cause constipation. I...
  5. P

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

I wanted to provide an update. I purchased the product and received it. I tried it, and fortunately, it didn't cause constipation. However, as I had suspected earlier, the glycerin in it resulted in brain fog for me. On the positive side, I experienced improved sleep at night, and my fast heart...
  6. P

Are there any gut bacteria that known to produce B5?

Has research identified any gut bacteria that are proven to generate or enhance pantothenic acid (B5) specifically in the gastrointestinal tract?
  7. P

Article A Gut-Immune-Energy Model: Pt. II – The Armin Alaedini Interview

Are there any companies (Besides Sun Genomics which I personally had a bad experience with) whom can prepare custom personalized probiotics based on gut biome testing?
  8. P

Article A Gut-Immune-Energy Model: Pt. II – The Armin Alaedini Interview

Are there any companies besdies Sun Genomics that can offer presonalized custom probiotics based on gut bacteria testing?
  9. P

Pantothenic acid (B5) without any form of calcium

Thanks but source natuals Pantethine has cellulose which is terrible for someone with SIBO. It gives me a headache... Beleive me, I have looked at all the brands sold in USA. They either come with Calcium, cellulose, or some form of alchohol which is terrible for a person with digestion issues...
  10. P

Yes that's what I did. It showed 2 sellers under buying options so I sent both of them a message asking if they can ship to USA. Maybe I should just order it and see what happens. If I don't hear back from them by tomorrow I will probably do that... Thanks so much,
  11. P

I appreciate your help. The only ingredient in there that might pose an issue for me is glycerol, but I've never tried it in powder form. I know I can't tolerate it in liquid glycerol. Despite this, I'm still going to give it a try; it's worth a shot. I have sent messages to 2 pharmacies in...
  12. P

Thanks for posting this. I looked at the product on amazon.de and I don't see an ingridient list. Do you know if there is any form of Calcium in this product?
  13. P

Hi All, Does anyone know of a compounding Pharmacy that carries dexpanthenol ? I checked the pharmacies listed on the first page of this thread without success. Please help if you know. thanks so much.
  14. P

Is it possible to get intramuscular injections of B5?

This post dates back to 2019, and it's surprising that there are still no injectable forms of pantothenic acid available, at least not in California. Additionally, the capsule forms of pantothenic acid contain Calcium, leading to severe constipation for me. I have heard of a injection called...
  15. P

thank you. I find it hard to believe that there isn't a calcium-free version of Pantothenic Acid available. My only choice seems to be through injections. However, to obtain that, I need to persuade my doctor to conduct a lab test to assess the B5 levels in my blood. If the results indicate a...
  16. P

Thanks, I looked up Pantethine , but everything I found was either in softgels or it had some kind of a cellulose as a filler. I have SIBO so I have a tough time digesting anything with Cellulose or Bovine softgels... I wish they would just sell the Pantethine as a pure powder instead of all...
  17. P

Hello, I've noticed that the majority of B5 supplements available in the market are derived from D-Calcium Pantothenate or contain some form of calcium. Unfortunately, I experience issues with any calcium-containing supplements, as they tend to bind me and lead to constipation. Is anyone aware...
  18. P

Dosage for KPV Peptide long term use

It was giving me side effects. I ended up finding out through some simple blood tests that I am low in Vit D and high in Uric Acid and then I figured out the supplements to use to take care of those 2 issues and my health improved without any side effects.
  19. P

Dosage for KPV Peptide long term use

No and I am no longer using any peptide injection.
  20. P

CYP2R1 SNP and Low Vitamin D

What does resveratrol do exactly? Is it to improve blood circulation?
  21. P

Just wanted to give a report back. I have been using small amount of Boron Citrate for about 2 weeks now. I started with just 1mg and have increased it slowly to 3mg. I have noticed that for the first time I am sleeping 6 hours per night which is great. I have no side effects which is awesome...
  22. P

Thanks again for your great reply and information. I have tried taking Quercetin before but I was not able to tolerate it . I have the CBS++ gene, I wonder if that's why. Is Quercetin considered a methyl donar?
  23. P

This is excellent information! Thanks so much. As far as NLRP3 I have rs10733113(G;G) and rs4353135(G;T) as far as VDR I have rs1544410 TT and rs731236 A,G Thanks for letting me know about Fructuse. I was consuming a lot of red/black grapes up to about a month ago. But I stopped it because I...
  24. P

The thing that is a mystery to me is that every winter the pain in my body gets really bad and in the summer it gets much better... The only other thing that shows up on regular blood tests is high Uric Acid. I have had 1 episode of Gout as well. Does anyone know if there is any correlation...
  25. P

Hello, I have rs2060793(A;G) and I am usually low on Vitamin D especially in the winter time. Unfortunately, I am not able to tolerate Vitamin D supplements because it gives me really bad headaches. (I have tried at least 5 brands/ both capsule and tincture, all of which give me violent...
  26. P

C60 for Rheumatoid Arthritis

look it up! But I just wanted to give an update, I decided to pass on C60 because there is a couple of reports that say it may damage DNA. Instead, I am trying an herb called Ashwaganda.
  27. P

C60 for Rheumatoid Arthritis

Hello, has anyone tried or seen C60 be effective to reduce the symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis? I have just started using it and it seems like I am having less pain in my low back. I don't know if this is some kind of a placebo effect or does it really help. Your thoughts are appreciated.
  28. P

Lab test for protozoals

Q1: I am originally from outside of USA although I have been living here since I was 13. I have since traveled outside of the country but my IBS/SIBO problems started long before traveling. Q2: Yes I have done several stool testing. I have done the Dr. Data which showed no Giardia or...
  29. P

Lab test for protozoals

Hi, Does anyone know of any tests that can detect protozoals? Thanks
  30. P

question understanding fecal test results

@Shanti1 Hi, May I ask what did you use to clear up the Protozoa? and which stool test detected it? Thanks