• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Article: XMRV In the Balance- A Tale of Two Conferences

Hi again, I did manage to locate an abstract that confirms that DERSE is Detection of Exogenous Retroviral Sequence Elements. It is actually posted here in Phoenix Rising - < http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?7681-Abstracts-from-the-1st-XMRV-Conference/page2 > The first line of...
  2. J

Article: XMRV In the Balance- A Tale of Two Conferences

Hi, Cort, Excellent work. I could not find any mention of DERSE in a Google search. But, from my experiences in the field, I believe that DERSE stands for Detection of Exogenous Retroviral Sequence Elements. Each retrovirus has some sites that have a sequence shared with other retroviruses...
  3. J

Article: Dr. Mikovits and Dr. Racaniello on XMRV

Hi, You have an error (don't know if it was yours, soundtrack problems or a slip on the researcher's part): "Simply by exchanging the guanine bases in the retroviral sequences to alanin APOBEC3 stops the virus from replicating. " Guanine (G) would be changed to adenine (A), not alanine which is...
  4. J

Article: FINE

>>>I imagine, and many would know better than me, that the percentage of psych dollars being spent by the UK government, on ME/CFS is probably near hundred percent. In the US a far lower percentage of federal dollars are spent on psychological studies.<<< I agree that the percentage of money...
  5. J

Psychiatrists imaginary friends and chronic fatigue

You would think that the medical establishment would learn after a few decades of making the same mistake over and over again. Back in the 50s, there was the epidemic of "hysterical paralysis" sweeping the country. Then Drs. Salk and Sabin developed a vaccine against the polio virus, and...
  6. J

Article: XMRV and CFS - Check, Check, Check?

From above: <<One way is that the antibody test was not specific for XMRV which means it could have been reacting to another mouse virus. Until we get a better antibody test this must remain in the realm of possibility. >> Even if it is another virus, other than XMRV, these findingsare still...
  7. J

De Meirleir Gut Paper is Out!

Would high lactic acid in the gut result in a more acidic blod pH, and more acid sweat? My sweat has a very distinct acetic acid scent to it, which started when I got ill. The intensity seems to roughly correlate with how bad my symptoms are. Jerry