• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. W

Blurred vision improved with cortisone creme

i Have had a few times recently where I had very blurred vision, it was like I couldn’t focus on an object. Both near and far were blurry, but near was the worst. I had to use cortisone crème on a hive and I noticed my vision cleared very quickly. I’m very tired lately, but have had a lot of...
  2. W

William Davis - Supergut Protocol for SIBO and SIFO

@LINE Yes, I am interested in biofilm busting. I'm currently using Digest Gold enzymes with Klare Labs Interfase plus, plus taking olive oil and MCT oil. I'm dabbling into L rutari probiotics, but avoiding most others because they have some form of starch or oligosaccharide, which aggravates...
  3. W

@LINE please provide the list. Every time I slow my digestion, which I can do effectively with inulin, bananas, and Rice Krispies, arthritis starts up. this morning no bathroom visits for 18 hours already, severe joint pain which required an extra prednisone tab. I suspect I have a biofilm of...
  4. W

@minimus i was prescribed vancomycin. Started taking it about 30 hrs ago and already doing much better. I went back in for a prescription of deficid. it won’t be ready until Monday. new price is $5k per treatment but there is a coupon to get it for $50 on their site if your Private insurance...
  5. W

Went to the emergency room yesterday. C diff diagnosed. Starting antibiotics today. It’s really hard to eat anything. Last night I ate a non fatty piece of meat the size of my palm. All symptoms worsened. I think food is creating pressure in low intestine allowing leaks which is causing joint...
  6. W

So the negative reaction just went to awful. Calcium helped some wound healing but not the gut. I got a GI infection while travelling that led to a severe autoimmune condition, or likely an ongoing infection that is fed by particular types of food that creates a debilitating immune reaction...
  7. W

So far I have a negative reaction to the herbal antibiotic regimine. It wore my immune system down, I believe I'm allergic to the sage in it. I stopped taking them after 4 days. 1 week of digestive problems. I ended up taking a high dose of lysine over about 3 days, about 50% higher than I'd...
  8. W

I decided to take another stab at helping digestion rather than living "only carnivore" for the rest of my life, and beef ribeye only carnivore at that. I wanted to post a discussion thread about the particular methods I'll use and would like some feedback on the herbal antibiotic and antifungal...
  9. W

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

Cancer is a crappy battle. One thing I can recommend is Wim Hoff breathing Method and cold therapy. It cannot hurt. I get annoyed, but it does change blood chemistry against cancer. Looks like you may have refined your protocol again since the last time I reviewed it. Will give it some reading...
  10. W

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

Freddd, I have a close friendship with someone who developed severe, permanent side effects from Finasteride, which is a treatment for enlarged prostates and prostate cancer, including permanently suppressed testosterone and elevated E2 levels, CFS, and severe depression. I can't provide advice...
  11. W

what’s the rundown on high dose thiamine?

What's the difference between allthiamine and benfothaimine?
  12. W

Now proven against coronavirus, mRNA can do so much more

He doesn't know it, but he's implying Pfizer's marketing department is better than Johnson & Johnson's, and he's correct.
  13. W

3 yrs on - methylfolate and muscle wasting roadblock

Every time I restart on methylfolate, my skin gets dry and irritated. I I have eczema, but I get a lot of what appears to be dermatitis and very dry skin. Anyone have a solution for this? It seems I need more omega 3, but the fish capsules or sardines I try to work in seem to just cause...
  14. W

Alternative ways to get extra potassium?

Thanks, I will try this, but with straight aminos, not the Branched kind. BCAA have some negative health implications compared to the basic aminos. I am using Kion Aminos right now. I didn't know that carbs have this effect with potassium. The only carbs I really eat are instant absorbing...
  15. W

Alternative ways to get extra potassium?

I've finally got my methlyation up enough that my need for potassium has increased. However, I'm having a problem getting potassium into my body. My digestive system will not absorb more than 50 mg/day if that when I take supplements and that's spread out. I think this is partially due to being...
  16. W

Need help - root canal or extraction

Thanks everyone for the posts. After my emergency visit to my sister's dentist, I was able to change my annual checkup to a few days from now, so I'm getting the whole thing looked at by my dentist in a couple of days. To note, the percussion test on my tooth was horrible, but the cold test...
  17. W

Need help - root canal or extraction

I have a tooth that had a deep cavity filled. It's been sensitive on and off. Two weeks ago when I was doing diaphragm stretching exercises and (at a different time) biting on a snorkel mouthpiece it started to bother me again. Honestly it feels like nerve inflammation, but an emergency trip to...
  18. W

I'm using this post to document a few links https://forums.phoenixrising.me/threads/b-12-the-hidden-story.142/page-51#post-3578
  19. W

Update: I've gone through some interesting changes since I last posted. First, I have no luck on this protocol when I eat anything besides beef and honey (small amounts). Repeatedly eating something different, such as apples, which are the second least reactive whole food for me, brings me...
  20. W

Methylfolate from broccoli lowered homocysteine - Metafolin failed

Has anyone heard of Methylfolate made from broccoli or something else that isn't a salt? I was speaking with someone who indicated that their homocysteine only decreased when they switched from Solar Metafolin to another brand of Methylfolate, but I couldn't get all of the details.
  21. W

Low dose Naltrexone

@Bassaur start with extremely low doses to see if you tolerate it. I got strong nerve pain in some very sensitive areas which prevented sitting, and it didn't go away until I had it out of my system for a few days. I'm sensitive to everything, so my standard thought is to start slow and test...
  22. W

Why NMN and NR is not curing our CFS?

I'd like to try NMN. Are there specific brands which are recommended more highly than others, like the B12 that Freddd recommends? I am considering the pure sublingual powder from Alive by Nature.
  23. W

@Victronix I just got some folinic acid to try, but I'm waiting for my symptoms to even out a bit so I can judge the reaction better. The sensitive teeth issue is very weird, I agree. Good to know potassium helped you, I'll keep it around and try in low doses. I suspect it has something to do...
  24. W

@Dechi After I started the carnivore diet I was able to exercise again, after about 2 weeks, and I do band exercises and walk regularly, and ride bicycle seriously every couple of weeks. Since taking methylfolate, literally crumbs and dipping my finger in the dust of a crushed tablet, I don't...
  25. W

After starting the methylation protocol about 3 years ago, I’ve made some significant progress and steps forward in health. I'm no longer bound to the house, but I am at another roadblock so I’m creating this post to get feedback as to how to overcome it. My specific problem with the protocol...
  26. W

Reactive Arthritis triggered by supplemental Collagen, but not Glycine

Update in case others search this thread. The collagen I tried was recalled due to milk protein contamination. I'm allergic to milk protein, so this confounds my result. I am going to attempt collagen again in the future.
  27. W

Low dose Naltrexone

IBS, Eczema are known. Tons of food allergies. Ankylosing Spondylitis. I'm not taking LDN again. On the come down period after this last dose, approx 18 hours after taking it, I got what feels to be an autoimmune attack on collagen in a very sensitive region. It's freaking scary. Looks like my...
  28. W

Low dose Naltrexone

I am trying LDN for autoimmune problems including arthritis. I started out on a .5mg dose because I'm very sensitive to medications. Within a couple minutes I got euphorically and sexually stimulated and couldn't sleep. In the morning I was exhausted and had a very difficult time getting out of...
  29. W

That may be, but this is a separate issue. My reactive arthritis is a connective tissue disorder where the body attacks the tendons in locations that attach to the bone. If I can trigger it with collagen, then I want to find the exact protein that causes it. If Crispr advances as I think it...
  30. W

I'm searching for a way to identify which particular protein/molecule in beef collagen triggers my reactive arthritis. After getting baselined, I found a lot of improvement with glycine. As glycine is one of the major building blocks of collagen (mine is visibly impaired), I tried beef collagen...