• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Symptoms from B12 injections

Hi @ahmo. I was at 800mcg methylfolate and started at 1/4 tablet of a 1mg mb12, and had worked up to 3/4 tablet to 1mg tablets a day, before I upped to 5000mcg. I was also taking the B-Right twice a day and a couple of adeno b12's here and there, both brands had folic acid... and I don't know if...
  2. G

Well, after two days of upping my methylfolate to 4800mcg and mb12 to 5000mcg... I had great energy that turned into nausea and horrible anxiety. I've since stopped everything and took 50mg of niacin 4 times a day for two days. The nausea is less and I can eat food now, the anxiety is still...
  3. G

lol @Martial! I will try to not freak out. Either it was the folic acid, or not taking enough folate, or both, but I'm feeling much better above 5000 mcg of both methylfolate and mb12. If there is a detailed methylfolate post that I've missed somewhere, I apologize. It wasn't clear to me at...
  4. G

Ok, maybe I lied about the Potassium Chloride not hurting my stomach. This morning I didn't take any b12's, b complex, or folate, but later had some potassium in water... it's a bit irritating. Not entirely the cause of what I went through yesterday, but probably complicated it. I looked up the...
  5. G

@Martial Well, this all contradicts the 'starting slow' for minimal startup reactions! Does the 'paradoxical' part of the folate deficiency mean that by taking just small amounts of folate you can actually cause a deficiency? Is the only side effect of taking too much folate compared to b12...
  6. G

@Martial I see in your earlier post you said to take '5,000mg of folate a day to 10,000mcg and at least 5,000mcg methyl b12 sublinguals a day to 15,000mg.' If I'm starting at less than 1000mcg of mb12 a day that should mean 800 mcg of methyl folate should be adequate, right? And if I add in...
  7. G

Woah, 5000 mcg of methylfolate is a lot of pills! Is there a ratio of mb12 and adeno b12 to methyl folate that I should be aiming towards? I think that's what I'm totally confused by. I was taking 2 B-rights because I thought Freddd said to? Also, starting last night I'm having horrible stomach...
  8. G

Hey @Martial and @whodathunkit ! I was coming back to see if there were more tips on how to manage Freddd's protocol better. I'm having some startup symptoms, but nothing worse than I was having before... so I can't tell if I should go more slowly or not (I tend to be a bit impatient). I *think*...
  9. G

@whodathunkit "Freddd Fannn Girrrlll" sounds alright with me! I can see how some people might get over their fears of injecting themselves, instead of dealing with a sublingual for 2 hours, possibly multiple times a day, in between meals. And @Martial thanks for the tips. As my supplements have...
  10. G

@whodathunkit Bacon is seriously crack in food form. While I was a vegetarian I would 'cheat' with fish once or so a month, but definitely bacon a couple of times a year. Even before this histamine issue I'd try to limit the bacon consumption, mostly due to the sugar and other additives they put...
  11. G

Thanks @Sushi I edited the post and added more, but not enough! Thank you for the links, @ahmo . I've recently gone through the FAQ and it was extremely helpful. It's been difficult doing research on multiple topics (methylation vs histamines) but according to you they're definitely involved...
  12. G

Hi all! I've tried to search through these forums to see if anyone has had a situation like mine... I'm hoping someone might have suggestions of where to start or what I should have tested. I'll try to include as much information as I can, without being too lengthy... (for reference, I'm a 33...