• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Baboushka

Views on "Overcoming chronic fatigue" by Mary Burgess/Trudie Chalder

Thanks everyone, your comments are all very helpful and definitely food for thought. I'll certainly check out the Canadian document you mention taniaaust1. When I last saw my gp (months ago) and asked him his thoughts on Me/cfs, he said the way to get better was cbt/get (I needed to confirm...
  2. Baboushka

I'd never looked at it that way before Sparrow, going from being able to walk normally one day then barely shuffling about. Your comments are useful about resting long before getting to the point of feeling like Ive got no bones in my body. It's the brain fog and forgetfulness which I find...
  3. Baboushka

oh thanks folks - I feel I am in good company here :) Sing away MeSci - we can all join in (when energy permits) :) x I agree with what you've all said above. I'm not depressed (I'm rather happy really as I've accepted my limitations - I get frustrated frequently though as there are soooo...
  4. Baboushka

Thanks ever so much - your comments are all really useful. I thought I'd show willing by getting the book but it is so "thin" and woolly - it really set my alarm bells ringing. I pace myself well, I have days when I know I can't get out of bed. I know there's no way on those days I could walk...
  5. Baboushka

Hi, I’m a new member of this group (will introduce myself very soon!) but I have a burning question and I wonder if others on here can help me. I've got my assessment next week at the local cfs/pain management clinic. They’ve advised me to read the book “Overcoming chronic fatigue” by Mary...