• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. martincollins

Need help with methylation and detox SNP analysis

Dan Pardi (of dansplan.com) might be a good resource on sleep. He has a couple of podcast interviews out there...one with Chris Kresser. I think he recently was interviewed by Joel Fuhrman. I believe Ameer Rosic's podcast with Chris Kresser talks about sleep and methylation...possibly another...
  2. martincollins

Need help with methylation and detox SNP analysis

If you're working that much...how much quality sleep are you getting? The body really needs to have consistency in sleep patterns to work optimally. Do you take your magnesium supplement right before bed? Some people benefit from 5-HTP as well for sleep. To me, it sounds like you have a...
  3. martincollins

New to forum and conflicted & confused w/ 23andme methylation results

I'd agree that due to MTRR, I should get some B12. Generally, hydroxy & adenosyl B12 would be recommended over methyl B12 since I have 2 COMT SNPs. Didn't know if I should have a small amount of methyl B12 in the mix. The VDR Taq SNP indicates that I might have some methyl groups available...
  4. martincollins

New to forum and conflicted & confused w/ 23andme methylation results

Hello, I'm new to this forum and am so glad to have found it. It seems to be a very positive, encouraging, and helpful place....wish I had found it sooner! I've looked over my methylation results and they don't seem straightforward to me and present somewhat of a challenge (at least to me)...