• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

A possability for less work and easier food preperation?

This is the first blog post gointo the Details of what it contains. It does exists, I've read articles from journalists that tested it out.
  2. D

Is there any proove about needing solid Food? That was one thought I had too. But I don't know if it actually makes a difference. Doesn't that also Count for "normal" Food intake too? I don't really see how this is Special to soylent. Sadly 14 refers to a book and not an online ressource...
  3. D

They ntend to make a vegan verson, maye the green on is next ^^
  4. D

So I was totally unsure where to put this. https://campaign.soylent.me/soylent-free-your-Body This Looks interesting. I would test it out but at the Moment it is only beeing delivered in the US. You save the time and energy to cook, as Long as it is in powder form it can be stored much longer...
  5. D

Phosphate diabetes in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome

I tought I once read something about an Explanation why People get more ilness in the winter. It sad that the Problem isn't actually the cold but the shortage of sun rays, which are a good source for Vitamin D. Vitman D they sad functions kinda like a go to work Signal for some cells in the...
  6. D

cold limbs

To be clear I now got a diagnosis of systemic autoimmunity and not CFS. But Since I get what aou are talking about I thought I give my comment anyway. I normally have cold hands and feets (cold till the point that it's painfull cold like having them in snow or ice), but normal or even hot on the...
  7. D

Simon Wessely's Warped Mind Strikes Again

Is there actually any proof that something like mass hysteria exists?I mean aside form something like a bomb explodes and everone screams and runs around... Sounds like another word for: we don't know so it must be in your head... I really think that psychology can be helpful, but such crap...
  8. D

Lipkin bad news folks

So after reading the article I saw your comment. Cause of that I've read the article again and I still don't understand your irritation. For me it seems obvious they are talking about the current one. I don't see why you think it could be about the old one. Even if it would be an old one they...
  9. D

Lipkin bad news folks

http://cii.columbia.edu/blog.htm?cid=tM5E7V Seems the web stream is accessable to everyone not just the press.
  10. D

Lipkin bad news folks

Sometimes I hate the press. If you only read the heading you could read it as: No virus causes it. But if you read the hole article it actually says only xmrv pmlv are not the cause. Doesn't seem to rule out viral component in generel. EDIT: Damn alex got me I was to slow writing these few words...
  11. D

Xpr1 is an Atypical G-protein Coupled Receptor that Mediates Xenotropic and ...

Xpr1 is an Atypical G-protein Coupled Receptor that Mediates Xenotropic and Polytropic Murine Retrovirus Neurotoxicity http://jvi.asm.org/content/early/2011/11/09/JVI.06073-11.abstract
  12. D

Whittemore Institute suing Mikovits for alleged theft of lab notebooks and data

The statment that noone else had a key is a bit missleading. I don't know where anymore but somewhere on this forum someone posted a link where it was stated that the key was accessable for the emplyes cause mikovits was often somewhere else in the world and left the key in the building in case...
  13. D

Oxytocin - trust / morality / empathy molecule

Oh to bad I assume that won't be of muc use if theres something lese missing in psychopaths. The painkiller thing is interesting. I knew that it was shown that percieved pain is lower if you laugh and are happy etc. But I didn't think about the connection to this ^^
  14. D

Oxytocin - trust / morality / empathy molecule

http://www.ted.com/talks/paul_zak_trust_morality_and_oxytocin.html?awesm=on.ted.com_Zak&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=on.ted.com-static&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_content=awesm-publisher I wonder what the levels in peopl like wesley are xD coudn't this be used on people like psychopaths that lak...
  15. D

Annette Whittmore interview

bhaa I just kinda got angry about the be patient part. easily sad if you don't get it yourself and your daughter can get help wheras a lot of other people get missthreated and don't have access to helpfull threatments.... I think I need sleep normaly I don't get angry about something like that...
  16. D

The Race to Retract Lombardi 2009...

@slovokia Did you actually read anything I wrote above? You fokusing again on only one study (mikovits)? You choose to take the BWG as the end of all overtrowing every positiv paper out there cause of what? Are we discussing about HGRV XMRV MLV all together? Just one of them? And beeing...
  17. D

Seroprevalence of XMRV in normal and retrovirus-infected blood donors

Hmm p15e seroactivity is likely due to cross reactie antibodies. Likely?... The detected antibody is also cross reactive?
  18. D

False negative results from using common PCR reagents

So now all those papers get withdrawn cause they didnt state a cricitcal information.? After all thats what some expect from the mikovits paper cause azt was not mentioned... Srcnr It also interesting that pcr was always sad to be so easy everyone can do it judy just insulting others if she...
  19. D

HGRVs - Constructive general discussion - for exploring HGRV research

SO I'd really like to know in regards to that papers do we have the data to see if there are false negatives in the BWG? Or bether sad: The data to see if what is causing a potential false negativ was used there? specially the samples that where defined as negativ and then blidned and sent to...
  20. D

False negative results from using common PCR reagents

I dont get much of it. But basically they found something that could explain false negativ results. And also checked in which papers used a procedere where there propably caused false negatives. Also a lot of papers missing the neede Information for this analyses. Correct?
  21. D

Didn't a lot of anti HGRV Scientist too? First XMRV was non existend. Then it was but not infection human cells. Then it was infecting human cells but just in laboratory not in Humans itself? So why is this argument only usable against the Papers that find it? Where does this actually come...
  22. D

They can't. But that still doesn't change the fact that they didn't. Seems like they thought that part wasn't critical when they released the study. Also I personally wonder if it really is that critical. That wasn't used on all the samples. I wonder where actually only the samples positiv that...
  23. D

http://www.cfids.org/xmrv/srwg-webinar-oct2011.pdf In regards to other oilnesses. I know I somwhere read somehting about a clinic doing testing on different diseases and they found the virus in some ilnesses over 80% of the people. But sadly I don't remember the details. :/ Not even who...
  24. D

As far as I understand it Judy once sad that B Cells ar harboring HGRVs. Killing them also would get rid of the viruses inside them. I guess destroying some of the HGRV bases would be positiv less places form where they could attack. Any Information if and how the B Cells behaviour gets changed...
  25. D

BP Monitor for POTS

He has. But ist was normal or just a Bit higher then normal when i was there. They didn't See anything worriesome. There was something they saw at the hearth but seems it's nothing to worry about I dont remember thought what it was. Some wird bp behaviour. They told me it didn't come from the...
  26. D

Norway's Directorate of Health Apologises for Treatment of ME Patients

Interesting but how does that help anyone? How does it help the people that got even worser caus of the way they got threathed? ... At least i hope this is a sign that something chanfes and that it spreads over to other countrys.
  27. D

Beiger's German XMRV research published in Lab4 Newsletter

Well maybe that's just me but if I still would believe in my work I would try to defend it. If I wasn't sure I would try to find oiut what's really going on. And if not I would feel comiited to solve the confusion I'm part of cause of a wrong statment.
  28. D

Beiger's German XMRV research published in Lab4 Newsletter

Did anyone hear anthing about Dr. Bieger? I'm kinda wiating for a comment from him about XMRV / HGRV. Even more then from Judy. Cause he sad he got bether results after talking to judy and actually found positives after his first try. Since the BEG negativ results I'm kinda hoping for an...
  29. D

Astounding Norwegian research breakthrough with Rituximab can solve CFS mystery!!!

Somehow I'm getting your comment like just ignoring woud be something new or special and unimaginable... ^^