• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Diet / Carbs / Blood Sugar + Energy from food

ok thanks for the info AB, I'll have a restructure of the diet stuff around the lower GI foods. Just out of interest, do you have any idea how this issue may have occured? I didnt use to have these problems. Do you think its all highly related to blood sugar fluctuations? THanks again
  2. K

Thanks for the info AB - thats pretty much the kind of diet I'm doing at the moment. Struggling though. I had a brain MRI last August and everything seemed normal - why do you ask? Thanks
  3. K

Hi guys, Ive had ME for 10 years now, becoming very severe over the last 3 years. A thing that I've always wondered about but never paid as much attention to as I maybe should have is diet. For me personally, one of the main problems I seem to face is that when I eat - I never seem to get...
  4. K

Muscle Weakness- is this typical of ME/CFS?

edit: sorry admin this should be in symptoms forum - ive posted a new one, please delete this
  5. K

Muscle Weakness- is this typical of ME/CFS?

Hi guys, I've been ill now for a good 7 years and I'm 26 now. I've never really spoken to any other sufferers, although I float around on the forums every now and again but don't contribute often, not sure why! Anyways, I wanted to ask people for their experiences of muscle weakness around the...