• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

23andme & Chronic insomnia and family history of psychiatric/CNS disorders

hi, lets put this on hold for a bit. its just a patent, which doesnt mean much withouth backing clinical trials. high dosage antipsychotic isnt what we want. but i will be adding low dose risperidone soon enough for its 5ht2a and D2 blocking properties, for sleep.0.5mg is how high ill go I am...
  2. F

Insomnia and hydrocortisone. Anyone have positive results?

@erin i logged in to let you know my experience with 0.25mg dexamethasone was like yuors, i felt absolutely normal for the first time in years. crying of happiness, even. this wasn't a high, it was just my normal self, breaking out a shell of misery. i replicated this several times later...
  3. F

Abilify and energy

so has anyone else used aripiprazole? what about other antipsychotics? I know Hips uses amisulpride with success, but what about others? Also, has anyone tried high dose buspirone?
  4. F

Hypersensitivity to noise - what's the reason?

im wondering if anyone tried very low dosage haloperidol for this issue? Like someone else posted before, I also think this is a sensory gating disorder. One of auditory system. From my notes and studies, I concluded it wasnt P50 but I dont remeber anymore the ERP variant, but it involves...
  5. F

Itchy hairloss?

i dont know the trigger but try selsun shampoo. it has diminished my hairloss and killed my itch
  6. F

Magtein magnesium headaches

this supplement made me very focused but it also abolished completely my sleep. i didnt even get a wink
  7. F

@EMilo i didnt get the test. i figured the chance i had something wrong there was very slim and i didnt pursue this avenue any further. my exams didnt point me in this direction im coming here to say somethingpositive, i'm much better than i was when I originally posted this. I followed some...
  8. F

Research on how adrenergic & muscarinic receptor antibodies cause symptoms in POTS, OH and CFS

Cool, I've just reached acetylcholinergic receptors as a potentially valid root cause of my issues,and now I see you are also searching this as of recently. In my case specifically alpha 7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. What got me into these receptors is my noise sensitivity which I just...
  9. F

Study: Folinic acid beneficial to 81% of CFS patients...plus biomarker?

so has anyone tried these folinic acid dosages or not?
  10. F

lol not it didnt help my sleep, as i wrote in the former posts. it cured me in every other aspect though
  11. F

Dexametasone cured me, it really did, with exception of sleep. It gave me really bad insomnia from the first dosage. But after quitting my sleep pattern seemed improved. I didnt retain any gains from it though :( I am still messing with testo gel so i dont want to comment on it. The benefits i...
  12. F

Well i got some of the benefits from dexametasone by taking testosterone gel, and by taking a dopamine agonist. So i am supposing that i have some sort of estrogen dominance issue, or of some binding protein like cbg tbg or shbg, that dexametasone "cured" I tried the equivalent amount of...
  13. F

Coffee Enemas!!

I didnt want to reply but since you started quoting, and accusing me for things i never said i sent you a PM. I dont think you understand what I wrote ... but no need to write in here anymore
  14. F

Coffee Enemas!!

IMO the thread WAS derailed. Theres now more posts of people talking about how gerson was a quack, or how coffee enemas are not scientifically proven, than sharing experiences or asking questions about OPs experience. Considering it is the alternative treatment section, are you expecting firm...
  15. F

Coffee Enemas!!

I think the point was to gather some experiences with coffee enema or ask questions about this persons experience, but it was derailled from the very beginning! You might as well delete the whole thread now. we are all putting our faith in science and pharmaceuticals, but we fail to understand...
  16. F

@globalpilot i have one rare snp which i thought would be responsible for some symptoms but then i took selenium for it, as seen in studies published, and it should have raised. well it prob did but i felt nothing at all. i'm not looking so much into 23andme anymore, maybe i should change the...
  17. F

So I'm coming back to my thread after a few months to leave a testimonial. As I thought, my D2 was an issue. I tried ropinirole (0.25mg) and it felt like the cleanest drug I took, appart from dexametasone. It felt like it filled a hole. It instantly solved some depression i am facing , apathy...
  18. F

Clonidine lower noradrenaline decrease anxiety

i think i am discovering this too. 4am, wide awake and sweating. lets see the next few days. i'm on 75mcg
  19. F

how long did it make you sleep for? my main issue is staying asleep
  20. F

so i finally got clonidine and am trying it out. yesterday I Took 75mcg and it takes the edge off. i felt in a good mood, not nervous, no somatic reactions to bed like i normally have. seems to be good for benign fasciculations too. ill be trying agian tonight. did seem to make some sleep...
  21. F

I tried to find clonidine and i couldnt. Very hard to find this med around here. I just bought tizanidine but id also like to know if anyone tried prazosin or cyclobenzaprine (whicj i coildnt find either and is in clinical trials for sleep aid in fibromyalgia) and how these compare?
  22. F

@Hip, I have this anhedonia too. I don't know what hascaused allthis mess. It gradually set in.Some symptoms were accute, others were gradual. I have here methylphenidate and ropinirole. The first one seems to work as NRI and DRI and the last one as D2 agonist. Uridine has impact on the D1-D2...
  23. F

Valentijn, I'm sorry you found the post long and poorly formatted. I'm not too good at formatting as I don't always put an effort on it. i assume who is looking for this info will still read it. No, the side effects are very rare. I can't possibly know for sure that my issue is in Taq1A A1...
  24. F

That's not the point. In my previous post I showed there is a possible association of this polymorphism with extrapyramidal symptoms coming from neuroleptic usage, which is what happens whenever i use antidopaminergics and even after i use them. It is linked to reduced dopaminergic activity in...
  25. F

@Hip , I . Have met with the doctor and he gave me 1) methylfenilate in the morning, 2) ropinole in the night. I think the methylfenilate in the morning is overkill and opposite to what I need (maybe this is similar to Amantadine ?). I think the ropinole could be helpful as it is a d2 agonist. I...
  26. F

Exactly that one and you are wrong about it being only inconsistently associated with a tendecy towards addiction. My symptoms are pretty common too, i dont have anything out of the box except for one or two issues related to movement disorders. It just isnt true that you need a super rare...
  27. F

hi everyone, i think i have finally found out my problem. its a pathogenic alelle called TaqI A1, it leads to Aromatic Amino Acid Decarboxylase enzyme overexpression, which makes me have less Dopamine type 2 receptors (autoreceptors?) in the striatum. i dont know if the insomnia is connected to...
  28. F

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

A different question: Where can i get a pharmacy script for europe, with the medicationa i want? I heard there was some doctors in cyprus doing this..anyone heard about it?
  29. F

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

So i feel no different from 6weeks of 1tablespoon a day of potato resistant starch. Should i increase it?