• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. whodathunkit

B-12 - The Hidden Story

As long as it's a good quality supp, capsules are probably better. Sublinguals tend to have mannitol or sorbitol or some other sugar alcohol in them. If you have capsules you can just dump than under your tongue. ==
  2. whodathunkit

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi @Freddd , glad to see you are around and doing well! I haven't been around for a while because I put the vast majority of my CFS symptoms into remission for a long time with your protocol, but stopping the folate and B12 and then undergoing a significant amount of stress for a couple of...
  3. whodathunkit

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

If we're talking about changes in appetite due to choline supplementation, then I experienced it, too. I had a pretty intense experience with choline supplementation (with added acetylcholine boosters and some acetylcholinesterase inhibitors) at the end of 2014 that changed my appetite for the...
  4. whodathunkit

global, I coincidentally did a lot of work on my gut and my liver this past summer. I've done a 180 when it comes to the use of antibiotics and gut health. Have you tried abx yet? I had IBSD symptoms for years that just kept getting worse, and finally peaked when I went on a very low fat diet...
  5. whodathunkit

Izzy, EVERYONE will smell like rotten fish if using choline transdermally!! :rofl::rofl: One time a few years back I decided to make liposomal vitamin C with lecithin to use transdermally for an anti-aging strategy. Figured if water-based vitamin C serum was good for my skin liposomal would...
  6. whodathunkit

Izz, how's your liver in general? I've been on a "clean liver spree" for months now, and it seems to be working. Again, I believe it's entirely possible (probable?) that even people with good liver function according to lab tests have poor liver function for some reason, esp. if there are...
  7. whodathunkit

@Gondwanaland: nice find, Izzy. Thanks! :) @mariovitali: I forgot to mention that I believe low-dose alpha GPC is really, really helping me, in addition to the TUDCA + glycine and UDCA. I usually only take the TUDCA and UDCA "on demand" (with meals containing more than about 20% fat), but...
  8. whodathunkit

Why is CFS so difficult to detect with standard instrumentation ?

Can't detect it because it's a conglomeration of symptoms rather than a specific disease. The body has only a finite set of symptoms that it can manifest for a seemingly infinite number of pathologies. So, for example, people with Lyme might exhibit many of the same metabolic symptoms as...
  9. whodathunkit

I'm on the chip V4 or whatever the latest version is. I just got it done last year. I think most of those people @mariovitali tagged had other versions. I know at least a few of them got analyzed long before me. Probably so no one scoops him on his research. Although I maybe shouldn't...
  10. whodathunkit

Do all people with CFS commonly experience flu like symptoms

Sadly, I starting to believe that's kind of like asking how many angels can dance on the head of a pin; it's a question with no concrete answer since the answer is almost entirely subjective. For some the answer to that question could lie with genetics...for others could be prenatal...
  11. whodathunkit

I definitely wrote it off too quickly when it first popped up. I think we all come to things when it's our time. It's a looong read but lotta good info. One thing about it...I do think that gut therapy raised my overall internal inflammation levels even while it gave me a huge boost in...
  12. whodathunkit

@Mary, my endurance and exercise tolerance skyrocketed after a crash that I think was induced by choline back at the end of 2014, and then subsequent gut therapy with a wide variety of pre- and probiotics. I'm assuming what happened to me happened via modulation of the immune system in the gut...
  13. whodathunkit

What to do next?

@jay185, if you're taking colloidial silver and your emotional symptoms (or at least your worst emotional symptoms) started after this, you may be experiencing inflammation from die-off of some sort. I'm sure as a Lyme sufferer you're familiar with the concept of die off. Apologies in...
  14. whodathunkit

D-Ribose Question - Freddd Protocol

@sflorence, congrats on your improvement even if it's not as great as you wish! :thumbsup: One thing I can see is that you can probably adjust your LCF dosage down. Unless something's changed that I'm unaware of, Freddd indicated there probably wasn't any additional benefit to taking more...
  15. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

Ahhh, turpentine! Another ostensibly "quacky" treatment with a lot of anecdotally reported benefits. That's also on my list of things to try. I have a bottle o' sweet Georgia pine on the way even as I type this. :D Which, of course, I will swill it with reckless abandon just like I did...
  16. whodathunkit

I finally bit the bullet and decided to give TUDCA the old college try. Dragged out my old bottles that have been sitting around for a year. I've been on it now for about a week. @mariovitali , in any of your readings about TUDCA did you come across anything that seemed to contraindicate...
  17. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

Ahhhh, snorting it! Really? That's kind of appealing to me. I haven't snorted anything in a really, really long time. Sometimes I miss that. :p Seriously, thanks for letting me know your experiences with it. From the sound of it, it sounds like something I should probably leave alone...
  18. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

I totally agree. I think your meaning has been crystal clear at all times to anyone who's read this.
  19. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

Hip, I missed this earlier. Kind of OT, but just a few brief questions. How often do you use the Noopept? Do you need anything else to synergize with it? I understand about the big stack that you avoid because of sides, but just wondering about some other additional micronutrient or two...
  20. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

Then you should probably be more precise with your words. If you use terms like "quacky bullshit" and expect people not to take umbrage despite your avowed benign and benevolent intent, I gently suggest to you that that is not a realistic expectation. Might want to revisit it and use terms...
  21. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

:rofl: :rofl: :)
  22. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

So we're on the same page about most things. :thumbsup: However, I would like to opine before I bow out completely that I am not the one going into threads that discuss this or that "science-based" study and calling it "quacky bullshit". If I see something in a "science-based" thread that I...
  23. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

Well, I can't speak for coffee enemas, but next time I have a green algae episode I'll have it analyzed and fax the results to anyone who's interested. Free of charge. :D
  24. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

For me the most significant feature of the "choline flu" was the green watery poo. That was the weirdest thing. I'd always experienced fever during a crash. This was like my liver was purging or dumping bile on a massive scale. After getting into mario's thread I figured it had to do with...
  25. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

A couple of things. I don't talk about what happened that much because I don't really understand it at all. Compounded by the lack of coherent physiologic explanation (lots of studies hint at various mechanisms but there is no synthesis or meta-analysis of anything published that explains...
  26. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

If my experience as a human being improving my health does not constitute valid evidence of effectiveness, I'm not sure what does. Thank you for utterly dismissing my recovery, BTW. How very stellar of you to do that. :thumbsup: I hope the next rat study that comes out that indicates...
  27. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

Not really any worse than the outlandish and sweeping statements I see bandied about with regards to science. For example: Good heavens. We're *sure* Steve Jobs could have been saved? Hmmm. Michael Landon died *only* because he was doing the Gerson protocol? Really? How can we be sure...
  28. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

Hmmm. What makes me ill, disgusts me, and what I consider not only abusive but fascist are those sadly hopeless people who would restrict the choices of those who don't hold their views because NOT SCIENCE. Or something. Please note I'm NOT saying you are one of those people...of course...
  29. whodathunkit

Coffee Enemas!!

My father died very, very quickly on a reputable, science-based cancer protocol. Kinda wish I'd known more about coffee enemas back then. At any rate, it goes back to the old argument around here: what is a scientific study besides a big ol' quantified anecdote? Often a quantified anecdote...
  30. whodathunkit

Castor oil packs helping a lot

@chilove: thanks for that link...the kit looks very interesting. I've wanted to use castor oil packs regularly since last year, but the biggest problem is that I can't seem to keep it from getting on stuff I don't want it to get on. Do you have that wrap-around pack that comes in the kit she...