• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Nana86

(Inital?) worsening of Symptoms with D-Ribose/D-Galactose

Hi everybody! I´m getting kind of methylation-/mitochondria-treatment from my doctor and some of my problems already have improved. Unfortunately I´m still having a lot of problems with circulation (dizziness, feeling weak etc.) and I don´t have so much energy. Although my energy levels have...
  2. Nana86

Magnesium supplement - more weakness and muscle pain?

Hi everybody, I am on my doctors methylation protocol (almost the same as RichvK´s protocol) and my health steadily improved over the past months. Until March I used to take 800mg pure Magnesium (+ around 500-600mg Magnesium from food) and when my Magnesium status got checked at that time it...
  3. Nana86

Methylation Results - Any help appreciated

Hi! I am also no expert, but I think since your cystathione levels are pretty low and your homocysteine is high it doesn´t really look like a CBS-upregulation. But you definitely seem to have a methylation cycle block (low reduced glutathione, high homocysteine, some folate metabolites on the...
  4. Nana86

From hypo- to hyperthyroid on the protocol? (agitation, nervousness, rapid heart beat etc.)

Thanks a lot everybody for your answers! :) @Violeta, how much of B3 would be recommended to slow down methylation? Unfortunately I already have very (!) high levels of histamine since my body is overproducing it plus I got bacteria in my gut that are also producing a high amount of histamine...
  5. Nana86

From hypo- to hyperthyroid on the protocol? (agitation, nervousness, rapid heart beat etc.)

Hi everybody! I´m on my doctor´s methylation protocol (which is close to the one of RichvK). I had severe CFS& Mitochondriopathia and was bed-ridden for a longer time. Now I am awake all day and can concentrate on things to a certain extend, which I´m really happy about. Unfortunately in the...
  6. Nana86

Managing Potassium Deficiency - Share your experience

Hi everybody! I was doing kind of a methylation protocol on advise of my doctor which I started around last September/ October. It gave me some improvements, but my situation changed fully when I started taking 5-MTHF, Folinic acid and omega-3-fatty acids like two weeks ago. My Fatigue and...
  7. Nana86

Side-effects from Omega-3 Supplement: Anybody has some experiences?

Thanks everybody for your answers! :) @zzz0r , Did you notice any positive effects from the Omega 3s after the headaches went away? Btw, I have never been on accutane treatment before, but I am taking a Vitamin A supplement (3.000IU of retinyl palmitate). Why are you asking? :) @Tillie, the...
  8. Nana86

Side-effects from Omega-3 Supplement: Anybody has some experiences?

Hi everybody, I am on my doctors methylation treatment and I am already doing much better. For me the largest problem at the moment are headaches, brain fog, fatigue (but no longer severe) and weak muscles. If I walk around for 1-2 hours my muscles are getting sore and painful and it takes some...
  9. Nana86

Greetings and newbie question about potassium balancing

Hi! At the beginning of my therapy I almost had exactely the same problems as you are experiencing now (and I am a lot better now!) :) I will try to answer your questions from what I know and experienced: I don´t really think you´re reacting on the potassium in the food, but you might have a...
  10. Nana86

Lipid Replacement Therapy: Experiences& supplement alternatives

Thank you everybody! :) I think I am going to give it a try and report later on if it helped :)
  11. Nana86

I just did some research again and lecithin doesn´t really seem to be an alternative...I´ve also looked up th NT factor product above and it has also Xylitol and maltodextrin in it which I´m unfortunately very sensitive to :( Is there any other product like this? Thanks a lot everybody for your...
  12. Nana86

My story & methylation protocol (+some questions)

@ahmo, thanks for the link and the info :) I am also having some issues with bad skin. What really has improved it was taking selenium, zinc and Vitamin A. Have you already tried that ones? Unfortunately I got some red, dry, round, itchy patches on my arms and in my face...they first got a lot...
  13. Nana86

@shah78 , Me Sci, thanks for your posts! I googled NT factor before but found something totally different...I think I´ll order that product :) @Radio, I just read your thread and it seems really worth trying it :) But I am wondering if I can get the same results from taking lecithin granulate...
  14. Nana86

Thanks again for your answers :) I am now on 500mcg of 5-MTHF (took me around 3 weeks to get here) and I think it´s helping me a lot (although there are also some negative side effects...). In his Simplified Methylation Protocoll RichvanK states that 200mcg of 5-MTHF should be taken. Does that...
  15. Nana86

shah78, that sounds pretty good :) I´d also like to try that glycophospholipids, but what keeps me off trying that producut is, like Little Bluestem said, that it is mixed with other elements. I´m already taking most of them and I don´t want to get too much... do you know if there´s a product...
  16. Nana86

Hi everybody! In the past days I worked through RichvK´s Simlified Methylation Protocol and saw that he is recommending to take Lecithin or even better glycophospholipids. On the internet I just found statements on glycophospholipids published by companies selling the products - they´re saying...
  17. Nana86

@Critterina , thanks a lot for the tip :) I´ve decided to stop the P5P or at least just take a very small amount every other day, since after taking it my kidneys start to hurt quite a bit. I´ve had that problem last summer when I started the treatment, too. When I added 5-MTHF 2 weeks ago I...
  18. Nana86

Thanks a lot for your answers! :) @Critterina , I have had already quit my B-Complex around 2-3 weeks ago, but it didn´t change anything. I think the headaches are coming from the zinc, but the headaches got a bit better...until I started taking 5-MTHF and stopped normal folate (my doctor told...
  19. Nana86

Hello everybody, I´m a 27 year-old women living in Germany. I have been very sick for the past two years and although I already got a lot better I am still having some issues (I think due to low methylation) and hope I can find some hints here This is my story in short: In the first year...