• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Z

Frequent detection of infectious XMLV in human cultures from mouse xenografts

Jeez, I'm stunned! Thanks for the update! Altough I wonder if we should keep this thread up seeing it is labelled.
  2. Z

Frequent detection of infectious XMLV in human cultures from mouse xenografts

This research is dated Oct 2011 ?? I'M surprised no one else has commented on this thread. It indeed seems to me an important piece of information! Is Pandora's box finally opened?
  3. Z

Switzer - Publishes new XMRV varieties, and challenges Coffin's recombination theory

Interesting! Thank you for brigning this to our attention.
  4. Z

XMRV positive vindication!

I have also been dreaming of vindication and have made a list of doctors to write to! So I understand your need to share the news! Though I'm not sure what I would do if I found out tomorrow that I'm XMRV positive . As it has been pointed out, the docs in question would be informed that there's...
  5. Z

New Joliceur Canadian XMRV Study

This looks very much like what was published sometime back in Sept. Are you sure this is a new study? I participated in the fall study and we don't have results yet.
  6. Z

Autoimmune Fatigue Syndrome AIFS leads to CFS and a promising diagnosing tool

Had Grave's disease at the pretty much the same time as I came down with CFS
  7. Z

BBC radio program on unexpected effects of vaccines and vitamins

Thanks. It seems interesting. I'll check it out
  8. Z

Comment by 'zzzz' in 'XMRV - An explanation of XMRV research so far...'

Great summary. Thank you. I needed that!
  9. Z

From the front row of the ME/CFS AC Meeting

Shouldn't we be hitting the CDC next. Aren't they responsable for all we've had to go through for the last 3 decades? Muffin is right, we should be voicing our discontent every time we hear or see things we don't like and get served the old bulshit. I didn't watch E. Hunger at the CFSAC but...
  10. Z

Interesting - XMRV & Autism

I don't get it. Could you elaborate a little, Shannah and George
  11. Z

Article: The "A Time For Action" Campaign Is WORKING!

Thanks for the heads up. My only worry is that the Advisory Committee watching yesterday will take LeGrice's talk at face value.
  12. Z

Article: Compadres in Scarcity: Patterns Emerge in the Bottom of the Barrel at the NI

Thanks Cort for another interesting article. It confirms what I've long suspected: if the majority of sufferers were men, CfS would be taken much more seriously. It seems even bees are taken more seriously. the Patient Advocate wrote an intereting article were he mentions a New York Times...
  13. Z

Slap in the face to ME/CFS patients (Weasel wins award)

Makes one wonder who pays this guy for saying all that bull. Someone should offer him a bottle of aluminium sulphate water. Or something stronger.
  14. Z

Alcohol Tolerance Poll

One sip of alcool usually makes me disy. On good days I can tolerate a small glass of wine with a meal. But if I drink more than a glass I will feel more sleepy than usual the next day. The strangest thing is that eating sugar gives me a terrible hangover, but 6 days after ingestion. Go figure...
  15. Z

AIDS drug fights herpes virus

AIDS drug fights herpes virus I came across this news in The Times of India about a study published in PNAS. Since a lot of us seem to have herpes viruses I thought it might be of interest to post...
  16. Z

Cort: Happy Birthday To You!!

Happy Birthday Cort
  17. Z

ME Interview(s) on Canadian TV

Also, I would be happy to hear comments from this forum about who's interested in such local proceedings in Canuck-land.