• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Looking for further Direction

Hello, I am posting this on several sites in attempt to get help for my 20 yo daughter who has had failing health for several years now. (Also posted in Genetic Testing &SNPs, but looking to see if anyone else can add to the great feedback I got there.) She's been diagnosed with CFS...
  2. L

Don't know enough to understand 23 &Me results

Will see what I can do about finding the other B12 formulations. Thank you, LanneP
  3. L

I see. I'll PM you after I re-run the program. Thank you, again, for your assistance. LanneP
  4. L

Sorry! Should have said that the rest were -/-. So, I guess there's not much help there either to give some direction. Thanks for offering your thoughts. LanneP
  5. L

At the suggestion of the MD who diagnosed her with CFS, she started on Dr. Teitelbaum's Revitalizing Energy (cyano., I believe). However, she did not tolerate this. Her doc wrote Dr. T. to ask why she might respond this way, but he did not have an answer. Later, he tried Dr. T's general...
  6. L

Pacing is something she hasn't learned yet. When she feels good, she wants to "do" and sometimes she can do, but that seems to be getting farther and fewer between. As far as getting a second opinion, I hadn't thought of that till now. When they each dismissed it, so did I. Will have to think...
  7. L

I have a Mac and was able to use it without difficulty - and I am NO computer guru :) LanneP
  8. L

@Valentijn - Thank you for your response. Yes, she does have post exertional malaise. It is worse at times, though we haven't found any rhyme or reason - ie. sits around and unable to do more than very light duty stuff (read, walk, talk) at best; laying on couch resting/ sleeping, not able to...
  9. L

Yes, her last doc thought of that and ordered a brain MRI looking for abnormality of pituitary, but it was unremarkable. If it had been +, it might have given us a better direction to take. Hope you can get some answers for your situation. LanneP
  10. L

@Sea - Thank you, that all makes sense. LanneP
  11. L

OK, that came out a mess. I apologize. If someone can tell me how to fix it or resubmit with a better format I'd be glad to do so. Lanne P
  12. L

Hello, This is my first post, though I've been reading up around this site trying to understand all of this genetic info better, especially as it pertains to CFS and thyroid & adrenal dysfunction. I've been doing ongoing research over the last 3 1/2 yrs for my now 20 yo daughter in attempt...