• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. U

Avindra Nath finds T-cell exhaustion in ME/CFS, which weakens immunity, and is possibly caused by the persistent remnants of a viral infection

Scientists should have understood this even without Covid19, but with Covid we understood that the same virus can give one person some symptoms, to others different symptoms, to some almost no symptoms, while to the more unfortunate ones pneumonia or heart attack and it is transmitted to the...
  2. U

Avindra Nath finds T-cell exhaustion in ME/CFS, which weakens immunity, and is possibly caused by the persistent remnants of a viral infection

During this time I had problems and I didn't want to give a short answer....... However you spoke like those doctors who do not recognize the existence of ME, for them those symptoms are common... In 10 days I spent 39 years with ME, the first few years I didn't think about contagiousness, but...
  3. U

Traduzione del testo Testo di origine 662 / 5.000 Risultati della traduzione Risultato di traduzione I think I read that Dr. Avindra Nath now wants to dedicate herself to research on Long Covid........I hope she doesn't return in 5-6 years with the new study. I don't...
  4. U

Hi, I didn't mean to talk about deceased people, nor to instigate suicide, but I was referring to those surgeries that some of us may be forced to do for various reasons (especially those who, like me, have been ill for decades);I think this research direction is fundamental. To collect...
  5. U

Hello, I am convinced that the cause of ME/cfs is of unknown and persistent viral origin undetectable by testing, and I think researchers need to look in those tissues more affected as heart, brain, spinal cord, lungs, pelvic floor and urinary tract, we patients when we have to operate donate...
  6. U

The viral origin of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (Hanson, 2023)

I agree with that. hi, I believe that "the virus" has not really been looked for, that is, the best microscopes have not been used on the inflamed or damaged tissues of ME patients. Just as I also think that it is useless to study the reactivations of viruses like Epstein Barr because: 1) it is...
  7. U

The viral origin of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (Hanson, 2023)

hi, I think that Dr Chia is wrong, it's the typical mistake of doctors when they don't find the cause/explanation of a pathology, it has been like this throughout the history of medicine, as has happened in recent decades with Helicopter Pylory (stress, diet, fat, smoking, trauma........it was...
  8. U

hi, I don't know if those substances can cure your ME, we are all a little different in terms of the disease; I also think because each of us has our own health history, for example: some have not encountered any herpes virus, some only some, some all, our microbiome are different, our genes...
  9. U

hi, about 50% of people who have had Covid19 didn't realize they had encountered the virus......, this may very well have occurred due to the germ(virus?) that causes ME/cfs, i.e. many people who have ME may not remember a viral onset simply because, when it happened, they mistook it for a...
  10. U

Patients who are forced to undergo surgery…..
  11. U

Sorry for the errors, I translate from Italian with Google I am very convinced that ME is of viral origin 1) because it has historically occurred often as a local epidemic (Los Angeles 1934 London 1950, '55, Lake Tahoe,...... 2) because often in same group (family, friends, work) there have...
  12. U

Is ME Infectious?

also genetics for the same reasons is to be excluded, it should be noted that very often the spouses both get sick and rarely have similar genes ..... In my 36-year experience of ME, I have seen family and relatives manifesting clear symptoms of ME but also friends, colleagues and acquaintances...
  13. U

Is ME Infectious?

hi, for me surely ME is of infectious origin, before the epidemic on Lake Tahoe there were that of Los Angeles and then those of London and others, I exclude that in all of them there was a concomitance between viruses and molds, yet the disease is the same ....; then what to say about today's...
  14. U

ME Research UK announces funding to study viral causes of ME

hello, I had come to the conclusion that the cause of ME was probably a "persistent unknown virus" because in 36 years of illness I have noticed symptoms similar to mine in some close people (family, relatives, friends), some known 20 years after the onset (similar-influ) of my ME and someone...
  15. U

In this post I show you how CFS/ME could be an acquired immunodeficiency. Please share this informat

Also I think that at the base there may be a germ (virus?) That lowers the immune system, but I do not think it can be a germ known as ebv or cmv .... Because if it were so after many decades would have emerged its responsibility. ... I too had a noticeable lowering of the cd4 and nk the first...
  16. U

I am from China. I am also a CFS patient.

hello a5610183, Can you tell us what the Chinese sick people think about (ME / CFS)? Are there information and help sites like Phoenix Rising in China? What do the official Chinese medicine of the etiology of ME / CFS think? Are you aware of any ME epidemic in China? Even in China, many people...
  17. U

SEID vs CFS vs ME

Yes, I have a 2004 CFS diagnosis (for what it's worth), I have moderate ME, I can do everything but with great effort ...; as I said in the previous post, the symptoms may be different from patient to patient and the inflammation of the brain can explain this ; in fact depending on the severity...
  18. U

SEID vs CFS vs ME

I think that for now it is OK to call it ME / CFS; ME in honor of UK doctors who first had the courage to describe it, to study it and to give it a name over 50 years ago, CFS because, even if wrong, is the name with which now the whole world he knows the disease; in fact, CFS was used by the...
  19. U

POLL: In the first 6 to 8 years of your ME/CFS, did you get slowly worse, better or remain stable?

Hi Neunistiva, I understood, thanks.......; the one that causes the small fever 37.2 (but surely in other sick higher fevers) I think it is a viral infection or unknown retroviral or as Hip claims a non-cytolytic enterovirus .... that remains latent until the cold or other virus or other...
  20. U

POLL: In the first 6 to 8 years of your ME/CFS, did you get slowly worse, better or remain stable?

I Neunistiva, the number "37.2" refers to the body temperature that normally it should be under 37 ° C, in fact at the beginning of the ME I had one small fever 37.2 precisely. Do not worry the worsening is minimal .... It must be considered that this debut is that of those who ingested the...
  21. U

Hello, it's true in the early years it was an alternation of periods of improvement (in summer) in which I thought I could heal ...... and periods when I got worse (in autumn-winter), in the cold season I even feared dying and lived in anguish and helplessness, often at home to treat me from...
  22. U

Prof, Gherardi interview showing that aluminium based vaccine adjuvants cause an ME/CFS illness

Hi Knackers323, certainly that at home there is something infectious, but it is not mold or chemical substances is simply a germ present in my saliva and in that of my family members. I can state this because after 33 years of illness I have excluded the other possible causes and I saw that...
  23. U

Prof, Gherardi interview showing that aluminium based vaccine adjuvants cause an ME/CFS illness

Hi Knackers323 Happy New Year, sorry for the delay... I noticed the symptoms of ME practically all familiar, in many relatives, in some friends / acquaintances especially those who frequented my home. I imagine then that these people in turn have transmitted the ME to others.
  24. U

if it were true what the prof. Gherardi, I can not explain why various people close to me (family, relatives, friends ..) over time have manifested the same symptoms of mine I always remain convinced of the viral origin ......
  25. U

Heat Shock Proteins - Impaired Response to Oxidative Stress

I wonder if this poor production of HSP27e HSP70 proteins can be caused by a viral infection? chronic
  26. U

Autonomic Nervous System Functioning Related to Nocturnal Sleep in Patients With Chronic Fatigue Syn

there is someone in PR who knows in which situations (such as stress, infections, diseases ...) do these variations occur? it would be interesting to know
  27. U

ME in families

in the forum the users are too exposed, have children who read on the forum, have friends who know their nik name, can not say that they have a sick spouse as themselves, it would be like admitting to having an infectious disease and to have it passed on to family members ........... and already...
  28. U

What is your personal theory or understanding of ME/CFS?

you're right Jesse often the sick know more than many doctors ......., however their thoughts are distorted by an insurmountable conflict of interest, that of not accepting the fact of being able to have an infectious disease .... I after 32 years of ME / cfs I am convinced that the cause is an...
  29. U

What induced your ME?

a clear proof that stress does not cause the ME ....... but it is ME that lowers the stress tolerance threshold as it lowers its ability to react to chemicals, detergents, paints, pesticides ..... ..