• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

23andMe /Genetic Genie results for me & my daughter…. lots of +/+ ! Suggestions?

Thanks for fixing that - I found someone much closer using the map.
  2. E

23andMe /Genetic Genie results for me & my daughter…. lots of +/+ ! Suggestions?

Hi Valentijn! Yes, it's Jarrow's B-Right… so like the Cyanocobalamin, does it also require detox, or it just doesn't get processed? Or? It's good to know what the problem is with the B-12….so definitely dumping that. I've been tolerating the B-Right okay - but I guess it doesn't mean it's...
  3. E

Hi Critterina, Thank you for so much detail! I've had my homocysteine checked in the past and it was relatively low at 4.9 and 5.5 - but then I'm heterozygous and my daughter is homozygous for C677T so she may be higher… and I'm going to try to get her tested for homocysteine sooner…. since...
  4. E

Thanks caledonia! Yes, I'm definitely interested in more than just the methylation cycle. I'm also very glad to see that the lists include several people locally… and I just saw all your links as well!!! Now at least I can research your links so that I'm knowledgable when we finally can...
  5. E

MTHFREase - thank you so much!!! (I'm surprised there aren't more people in my area! But at least they aren't too far away) By the way, I couldn't find the geographic search…. how do I do that?
  6. E

Hi Valentijn, Thanks for responding! Among other symptoms I can't remember right now, she has suffered with bad depression since she was very young, irritability and anxiety for many years (she's a musician as that has helped her deal with her depression a lot), ADD (or ADHD?), stomach...
  7. E

Hi All, I'm new to this… and here are our Genetic Genie results…. I'm hopeful this new info will help each of us with our problems - especially my daughter's because she really struggles with a lot of things…and she seems to have a relatively high number of mutations (am I correct?) I hope...