• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Active B12 Protocol Basics

If I don’t take more folate than b12 I would’t even get methylation started, the b12 would soak it all up before it even begins. Most multis etc have a 2:1 ratio folate to b12. And I do have the double whammy folate gene mutation. I don’t take adenosyl (I have in the past, it don’t do anything...
  2. H

I start with 100 mcg b12 and 200 mcg folate. From that I could easily ramp up to 15 mg b12 and 30 mg folate. I have tried just taking 1000 mg b12 and no folate, and within 1 hour I can feel the folate deficency creeping up. If I take folate and no b12 I get folate deficency symptoms too, from...
  3. H

@Freddd Taking methyl-b12 seem to cause paradoxal folate deficency for me. It simply drains the folate. That forces me to take absurd high doses of folate that is not possible to be sustained. How do you get around that? Folate also drains the b12 if I take too low dose methyl-12. The balance...
  4. H

What is your understanding of the methylation cycle trap or blockage?

Learner1: Here are my gene testing: COMT V158M rs4680 GG -/- COMT H62H rs4633 CC -/- COMT P199P rs769224 GG -/- VDR Bsm rs1544410 CC -/- VDR Taq rs731236 AA +/+ MAO-A R297R rs6323 GT +/- ACAT1-02 rs3741049 GG -/- MTHFR C677T rs1801133 AG +/- MTHFR 03 P39P rs2066470 GG -/- MTHFR A1298C rs1801131...
  5. H

Learner1: If I add more folate I get out of the donut hole and symptoms improve within an hour. That makes me think that it’s the folate that was missing. But of course, could be a cofactor too.
  6. H

Learner1: I take all the above minus molybdenum and the amino acids mentioned.
  7. H

Thanks for input. Well, I started at 200 mcg folate but reach folate deficency (the donut folate theory) almost immediately. So I titrate all the way up. I would love to take less folate but the deficency symptoms hit.
  8. H

Well, I take 6000 mcg folate and 5000 mcg mb12. When I try to increase folate to 7000 I hit a wall (old me/cfs symptoms returning fast and hard). The only thing that relieves it is taking 1000 mcg more b12. The ”methyl trap” disappears while I’m holding the sublingual in my mouth. That must be...
  9. H

Stumbled acrossed this thread ... Isn’t the only way to free yourself from methyl trap taking more b12? Since that is the factor that has ended?
  10. H

Desperately in need for help

Victronix: I have tried to quit all methyl donors, but that puts the potassium level even more into ER warning mode. I suppose that the folate isufficency gets even worse when you just give the body small amounts through food. So it’s not the healing that is causing to potassium need, it’s the...
  11. H

Richs L-cystine suggestion

Yeah, it’s sold out everywhere. Nobody seems to sell just pure l-cystine anymore:(
  12. H

Thanks Ijimbo423. You didn’t have any problem regarding whey/gluthatione issues? Rich recommended about 500-1500 mg cystine. Do you know how much that would equal in the whey powder?
  13. H

Desperately in need for help

Calling all the methylation pros out there: So I have no problem getting methylation going with 400 mcg folate and all the basic. I actually feeling totally cured for like two days. Then I run into folate deficency (ibs returning etc, very typical) and with that an extreme, insatiable potassium...
  14. H

Thanks. Did it help you?
  15. H

Rich v K suggested using L-cystine (not cysteine) to avoid a initial further drop in gluthatione while starting methylation (exdotoxicity symptoms). Have anyone found that helpful? And do anyone have any idea on where do buy L-cystine? I´m just finding L-cysteine, not cystine.
  16. H

Magnesium injections

Thanks for your informative answers. I’m making an order asap to get starting. Have you tried some potassium for the cramps?
  17. H

Magnesium injections

If you use the 50% you’ll definitely could not use the whole content for a single shot. I’m not sure if it’s possible to save part of the solution or if you have to discard the unused. That would be an economical question too, I suppose. If I’m counting right your 50% solution would equal about...
  18. H

Magnesium injections

Great, thanks for replying. That 50% solution should be able to work as an injection too I suppose and not just iv? So your symptoms improved but not the blood test? Perhaps you could have benefited more from weekly ivs rather than monthly?
  19. H

Magnesium injections

Hi, Long story short: My GP is willing to help me with magnesium injections and additions following up testing to make sure it doesn’t get to high if I supply him with the material and magnesium solution. The syringe is essy to get but do anyone know where to obtain the sulfate?
  20. H

23andme Test result: Helt needed

Hi guys, Just got my methylation profile back from 23andme. I would really appreciate if some kind person (maybe even methylations pros like @caledonia, @Valentijn etc) could take a look at it and tell me the main things like how bad is it? Is it anything special I should think about regarding...
  21. H

Magnesium, methyl trap and lyme

Martial: I´ll definitely order some active(?) b2. Or would regular b2 do the trick? Thanks for the input. I´ve been a bit nervous to take to much b2 sice Freddd has pointed out that I would be wise to take low doses of b1/b2/b3. My mangesium oil has arrived, so I´m working on that. That...
  22. H

I envy your 100 procent (almost) days. I haven't had a day for two years where I have one symptom free minute. But this methylation thing is pretty new for me, just 4-5 months old. The 23andme-test? It that a saliva test? In that case I won't need a doctor to draw blood, so that's a good...
  23. H

I'd say that yu have to treat them both at the same time. Before methylation I made no progress with the infections but at soon as the methylation kicked in I started to get "correct" infection cycles and herxed, indicating some kind of die off. My testing also showed lower infection ratings...
  24. H

I take about 700 mg magnesium (mix between oxide, malate, lactate and some other form) and around 1000 mg potassium or as much it takes to clear the symptoms of low potassium. The reason I'm asking is because I get methylation going perfectly and feel almost cured. For two weeks that is. Then...
  25. H

Hi everyone. I got some questions that I would like some help to shed light on. 1. I found this quote from Freddd in another thread: "The first indication of not having enough magnesium might be b12 stops working (...) A lot of people find magnesium helps and some find that it is a critical...
  26. H

Problems with Freddds protocol

Yeah, who knows? I take 60 mg zinc so that probably shouldn´t be the missing part. It´s hard to know if I should move on to Ribose, Sam-E etc or wait and work more with basics and co-factor. It feels that there are so many almost endless possibilities that makes the chain break. The days I get...
  27. H

Thanks, I really appeciate your input. When I take 3 mg folate I enter the donut hole after a week or so and the healing declines after feeling really good. So I really can´t stay at 3 mg and need to take more do get out of it. Same thing at 6 mg folate. But when I reach 7 mg it´s like hitting...
  28. H

I absolutely agree and each time that happens I back down, of course. But since I get folate deficiency symptoms when taking 5-6 mg folate it´s a bit frustrating to all of a sudden overmethylate at 7 mg folate. Maybe I should try 6.½ mg folate then ;)
  29. H

I´ve been on Freddds protocol for a couple of month. I´m taking some basics and the deadlock quartet from the recommended brands. Everything seems to be going great: I get the startup going, low potassium sign of healing, energy, better sleep etc. Every now and then I get paradoxical folate...