• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

Its been a long time since I have posted on this site. So after improving gut bacteria I didnt get hugely improved like I was hoping. Clearly there is more to this. So about 3 months ago I started on a heavy metal detox using the Andy Cutler method. So far early days and no significant...
  2. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

Thanks Elph for the advice. Will cut out dairy...
  3. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

Thanks Jon, I think its important we keep an open forum to discuss what weve tried, and results were getting. Knowing what works and what doesnt will be very useful in guiding future treatment for others. I was very surprised with the results. I expected some strep, as my symptoms are only...
  4. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

Hey Guys, So results have come back for my second bioscreen. Strangely, strep reduced from 99.7% to not detected! Also ecoli increased from 0.31% to 33%. However, klebsiella pneuomnia now has 67% which was not previously present. All very interesting results. I believe that the oral vanc and...
  5. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

Thanks for the explanation Elph, I appreciate the long message. @Jon_Tradicionali My symptoms have not been present for too long... about 5 years. My symptoms are more mental than CF, but both can be caused by strep overgrowth. I think I have mentioned I am seeing Dr Cosford, who has a special...
  6. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

Thanks for the links. I hadnt read up on these before. I never liked the use of antibiotics, as they have so many negative effects on the body as well as good flora also. However, without many other options somtimes we have to resort to these. I would prefer using only herbs and more gentle...
  7. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

Thanks for the info. I recognise that bacteria can share virulence genes as they can also share genes for antibiotic resistance. However I am not familiar that antibiotics causes sharing of virulence genes between bacteria.
  8. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

Also Elph, just thinking about the lymphatic issue. From a really basic perspective it would seem ok if the strep is in the lymphatics, as antibiotics can get into there. Also when we have infections it is quite normal for bacteria and viruses to be taken there so antibodies can be created for...
  9. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

I agree that strep has many ways of getting into the body and evading the immune system. Antibiotics would make the strep more resistant to further antibiotic treatment, due to natural selection and gene sharing etc. But I dont see how antibiotics can make bacteria become more virulent? Maybe by...
  10. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

I finished the week of vanc, and symptoms probably became worse during the week. Also sleep became worse, and probably more anxious too. Not sure if it was die off of strep, or maybe I just killed off all the remaining good bacteria? I took a lot of probiotics, but wasnt very strict with my...
  11. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

Quick update: Been on oral vanc for strep overgrowth. Started 125mg three times a day last week. No change in symptoms yet. Going to take a week off, then restart for another week. Anyone else tried this before? Anyone have experience with using erythromycin as bioscreen recommends?
  12. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

Yes, I agree with you that pulsed may not be so good. Symptoms did not get much better, and actually may have gotten a bit worse. Since strep doubles in numbers so quickly, taking a pulsed dose probably gives them too much time to repopulate. So killing them off quickly for about 7-10 days with...
  13. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

Im not sure what they herbs are. Theyre made up for me at the clinic. One of the herbs is golden seal. There are combinations that can be bought off the shelf like "herbiotic" that probably will do the trick. But I would need to look online to see what herbs may be better for strep in particular.
  14. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

Thanks for the quick replies! I dont have the results with me, but the strep was oral source, i think it was oralis and mitis. 99.7% strep. 0.3% ecoli. and 0% lacto and 0% bifido. I am seeing Dr Cosford in Sydney who seems to know what shes doing. But she doesnt like using Abx. She prefers the...
  15. D

Streptococcus overgrowth

Hi Elph68. What do you think about Proff De Meirliers theory about immune function being effected? After your antibiotics are finished, will the bacteria just come back? Or do you think the immune system should just bounce back once the bacteria are gone? Ive done bioscreen stool and found...