• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. DREBS

peroxynitrite more involved than realized ?

@iansbergen What is your immune modulator?
  2. DREBS

Low Sulfite--high uric acid --need help

Ok first off blood amino acids are a snapshot of the last 18 hrs. They do not accurately reflect what is going on long term eg your condition like urine does. Urine excretes what's in the tissue and is a more accurate reflection of what is going on amino acid wise in your body. What exactly do...
  3. DREBS

How do I know if CBS is "expressed"?

@anxiousguy I did not read page 2 but I read most all of page one, I feel your pain, look into pure inosito( it's part of the vitamin b family) it has been implicated in the calming of the mind as well as helping with OCD buy the bulk powder from NOW starting dose is 1.5 mg but work up to 10-12...
  4. DREBS

Scavengers include green tea tannin, flavonoids, and Uric acid a product of purines. Rich had a pretty interesting theory about low Uric acid in people with CFS but I can't find it specially, don't know if he ever made the connection but this could also be why PWC have problems low Uric acid =...
  5. DREBS

Low Sulfite--high uric acid --need help

I'm going through a lot of what you are and have done a TON of research I think I have some awnsers for you but it's late I will get on that this week in the meantime if you could post you snp's that would be helpful.
  6. DREBS

This is also a interesting conversation of that topic http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/nitric-oxide-peroxynitrite-and-the-impairment-of-mitochondrial-replication-in-cfs.9536/
  7. DREBS

I agree with vortex. Except (and not everyone's the same) my nitric oxide is low confirmed medical test (with symptoms of chronic cold hands and feet) was always hot before CFS/ with superoxide and peroxide high which contradicts Dr. Pauls theory. This is a theory under some of the same...
  8. DREBS

CBS Mutation.. High sulfate but normal Taurine? TOTAL BLOCK?

Caledonia… Ok So my posting was a little hard to read I bundled all my +/+ together I have MOA +/+/.…..CBS c699t +/+ and SHMT +/+. My Urine sulfate is high… my Methionine is high… my Homocystine went from 7 to 12. I definitely need to be on the CBS protocol as well as a low methionine diet. Just...
  9. DREBS

SAH to SAM-E Conversation enzymes and cofactors?

I always do my own research before asking a question that I could have gone and looked up myself but I am simply having a hard time finding the key players in converting S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase to SAM-E. I'm assuming, just by looking at the cycle and what the numbers saying either...
  10. DREBS

CBS Mutation.. High sulfate but normal Taurine? TOTAL BLOCK?

I am CBS +/+… I just took a Sulfite urine strip test and my level's were >1600 (greater than 1600) the highest reference level it reads. However, Some of my lab's contradict what is seen in CBS up regulation and was wondering if anyone had any insight as how this shakes out. My homocystine is...
  11. DREBS

CONVERTING GLUTATHIONE (OXIDIZED) TO (REDUCED)

Just did, I was wrong about my transsulfuate flow, it's high … the amy yasko sulfate test was at the highest reference level on sulfate strips it read's >1600…. Molybdenum is slightly elevated but still inside normal limits on both hair and urine test
  12. DREBS

Overmethylated= Ear Ringing and Histamine Intolerance?

You can find out.. if you feel like your overmethylating take niacin not nicotinic acid for flush free niacin… but just niacin it will give you a flush and warm feeling in your face and will dump your methyl donors, don't start too high everyone reacts different.. i would take 50 mg wait 25 mins...
  13. DREBS

You said something that had been getting a lot of attention from me lately and that's NADH(p). It is the enzyme needed to convert oxidized glutathione back into reduced (the useable form) it is also needed in the synthesis of NO, also used to convert folic acid to active folate. I have a hunch...
  14. DREBS

Well my OAT'S showed low b6 just hugging the lowest edge of normal. But it showed a few other very interesting things that my functional medicine practitioner said she had never seen in over 300 of these test. One was a Vitamin C level of 0, I started taking Lyposerphic Vitamin c and felt better...
  15. DREBS

Well to respond to your question I think it has everything to do with the fact that Glutathione is paramount for production and maintenance of ATP… You cannot convert methionine to SAME without ATP. So if your Glutathione is low your ATP is getting robbed and being damaged......... Thus your...
  16. DREBS

I've been on this website for a year now but am just getting around to feeling like Im familiar enough to post. I'm detoxing so I can start methylating without too many side effects. My specific question is around that on converting Oxidized Glutathione back to Reduced Glutathione. Also if your...
  17. DREBS

Post Valcyte Fatigue: Has anyone else experienced this?

ZXXXZ I'm in the same boat (Post-viral fatigue) with super high HHV-6, EBV, and Parvo B-19 antibodies.... However I am taking a different approach to it. Have you ever got your methylation mutations tested or had the methylation pathways analysis done through seeking health. Reasoning being if...
  18. DREBS

High Methionine, yet blocked Methylation cycle

Hey droit I think I am in the exact same state, as your lab’s and mutations are very similar to mine. My numbers are almost identical to yours on the methylation pathway and I have high methionine, low SAM-E, high SAH and Adenosine, with high oxidized glutathione and lower reduced… I sure wish...