• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd, What is the best form of potassium you have used? I used one from Kal but it had Betaine HCL 16mg and Inland Sea mineral concentrate 10mg. I have read some people had some reactions to Betain HCL but many products have it in much higher dosages like upwards of 500mg so don't know...
  2. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd and others I have been having some body tremors, neck spasms, it moves around. I have itching that moves around, burning sensations that move around. Body tremors seem to get worse near bedtime. Is this a result of the b12's, methylfolate. Again I stopped everything about a week ago...
  3. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd, I have been experiencing some nausea that had lasted for almost a week now. I stopped the methylb12 and folate for almost 1 week after getting symptoms. I do know that we had some bug run in the family that caused vomiting and diarrhea. I feel though that lurking behind there could...
  4. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd, In one of your posts you recommended adding cofactors and vitamins in a specific ordering. Can you restate that.I recall something about adding the methylfolate first then the adnesylb12 was 3rd and finally methylb12? How long should one wait between adding each one. Usually...
  5. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd If I stop everything, i.e the b12 how long does it take for symptoms such as spasms, etc to subside. Do I still have to take potassium and Folate to counteract symptoms? Is taking Folate alone with no b12 or b complex ok? Thorne and country life have a b complex. Thornes has one with...
  6. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd Had nauseau and headache yesterday. Nauseau today. I am trying to stop b12, partly because I could not find a good b complex. The two promising ones were country life that had both methyl b12 and dibencozide but it had Calcium folate. The other one is from Thorne b complex 12 it also...
  7. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks. I got a chem 7 done the other day. My pottasium. is 4.1. Yesterday I had nauseau that later turned into a headache. I took pottasium every few hours. I also took folate since I had spadms also. I was not sure my symptoms were from low pottasium or low folate. Today again I have some...
  8. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd So you take 3 99mg potassium at a time? Does this irritate the stomach? Thanks
  9. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd How do you Relieve symptoms. Do you just keep Taking potassium. And folate?
  10. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd Is there an upper limit for methyl folate consumption. If I get spasms I take more pottasium. I have this headache today and yesterday had itching and sort of like a allergy reaction. When do you take more methyl folate? Do any of these affect BP. Yesterday I went to the dr to get...
  11. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd, What is wrong with the Jarrow 1mg sublingual?
  12. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd, Potassium can be taken any time to relieve symptoms (reactions). What about methylfolate? does it have to be taken with b12? Thanks, Lefti
  13. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd, Ok. I will try the Enzymatic therapy 1mg methylb12, It seems to be a chewable? The Anabol Naturals Dibencoplex is 10mg is this not too much to start out? Is there another brand with a smaller dose? What about a B-Complex with no folic acid? I have been feeling some pins and needles...
  14. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd I took only Vitamin D3 4000 IU, fish oil and Vitamin C 1000mg. I then began with methylb12 1mg (Jarrow) along with the 800ug Solgar Methyl Folate. I first started taking 1mg 1/4's the first couple of days. Then the whole 1mg piece. Then 1.5mg, 2mg, 2.5mg,3mg, 3.5mg then 4mg. Early on...
  15. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Freddd I have not slept well tonight. Thinking about am I taking too much potassium, since I was having some spasms. I took 3-4 over a few hours. Then I am thinking I am not taking any magnesium and is that a problem. This thinking is confusing. It could also be a combination of a thai ice tea...
  16. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Freddd what is the difference between the 1mg jarrow sublingual and enzymatic therapy 1mg? Would taking the 1mg sublingual along with the following multi from thorne (basic nutrients 2/day) be ok or B right with the multi? I am just looking for something to work slowly yet effectively in...
  17. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Michael Dessin How did you get sick? What did you do to get better? How long was the turnaround? Anyone hear about Celtic salt? If you stop the methylb12 and adnysolb12 do you still have to take pottassium and methylfolate and for how long? Thanks Lefti
  18. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Freddd if I stop methylb12, adnosylb12 and l methyl folate and just do the basics with B right Mag and zinc and do that for dome time can I expect some healing? Also how much mag? Should calcium be taken and how much? You mention zinc but shouldnt it be tsken with copper? What do you mean by...
  19. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Freddd how do we prevent group 4? I do feel some pins and needles moving around and itching. Thanks Lefti
  20. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Freddd can you explain in more detail your statement methylb12 and other vitamins blocking ATP. What can we fo to ensure nothing goes wrong? Test our potassium levels? How often? Anything else? If I stop methylb12 do I have to still continue the methyl folate and potasium for a while? Thanks Lefti
  21. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I guess experimenting is ok if the side effects are reversible. My concern is that you take too much of something too fast where it causes some irreversible damage. Is this possible with the protocol? I am looking to increase my b12 levels since they are low around 480 pg/mL in a safe manner...
  22. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Freddd Hi Fred, Thanks for taking the time to answer everyone's question. I appreciate your help very much. I am working on week 2 of the protocol. I do not take the full 5mg methylb12 but have worked up to 4mg. I purchased the 1mg and have been splitting it at first in 1/4's then halves to...
  23. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks brenda
  24. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Freddd You mentioned in one of your posts that you began to see your platelet count go up. I was curious what your score was before you started the protocol. My platelet scores for the last few years have swayed between 102k-125k/uL. I am not sure how they were when I was a kid. How long did it...
  25. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

@Freddd I am looking for a multi vitamin to incorporate in the protocol that you recommend, instead of taking A, Cal/Mag alone. I found Basic Nutrients V (without iron and iodine ) from Thornes Research here. I was thinking to take this (5 capsules which would give 12,500IU vitamin A). It also...
  26. L

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am b12 deficient in 12-2009 I had a b12/folate read of 382/15.6. Then in 4-2013 it was 487/19.5. My potassium in 6-2012 was 4.5 and in 08-2013 it was 4.6. I tried the methylb12 1000mcg (Jarrow sublingual). The first day 12-19-2013 I took only about 1/4 under my...