• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. lavonia

Any thoughts on my cortisol numbers?

Thank you, I will keep those in mind. I'm still adjusting to the changing in dropping pain meds, but my adrenal function seems to be going up. Not normal, but progress. I've not been able to get any kind of read on my bp standing. I've tried to test it before at home. Sitting it's averaging...
  2. lavonia

HPA axis reboot?

I want to mark this thread and reread it later. There are a lot of articles on opiates and HPA disruption. It varies a lot depending on the person (ie probably on the status of their adrenal glands, neurotransmitters to begin with). I might have some more relevant comment after I read up this...
  3. lavonia

The Effect of Opiates on the Adrenal Cascade

Hey everyone. I wanted to post some articles I've found. I've had moderate adrenal symptoms over the last 15 years, which I'd maintained through diet and lifestyle choices (no meds then). I do have major spinal cord injury and did undergo radiation 2.5 years ago. During radiation I was on a...
  4. lavonia

Thanks Sherpa. I appreciate that. I'm good at 3K most days, but I remember reading that cycling up and down a lot can cause some deficiency symptoms even in those with enough vitamin C (Wilson stated something along those lines in his book on Adrenal Fatigue). So, to not change it around...
  5. lavonia

Thanks Ema. I will talk to my doc next session. Will continue to make changes and see how it goes. Your thoughtful advice has been a huge help to me. ____ I've found some slight added relief from adding Vitamin C increase. Is 3000-4000 MG too much daily, taken 4 times daily? I've seen some...
  6. lavonia

PS- regarding Tramadol and adrenal dysfunction, there is a good article here but not much else on the subject: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/docs/00/66/08/93/PDF/PEER_stage2_10.1007%252Fs00228-011-0992-9.pdf For anyone reading the forums via search engine and pulling up this thread.
  7. lavonia

Hello, thanks to everyone on the board, I went to get help for my adrenal dysfunction. Last time I posted, I could stand twice a day, once in the morning, once in the evening. Not much outside of that. Since then, I've seen a nautropath who has put me on 15mg daily of Hydrocortisone. There...
  8. lavonia

Hypoglycemia driving me mad. Will HC help??

No, that's not alot. I am up to 15 mg on mine, it helps, but not nearly enough. Was going to ask about it on the board myself. :)
  9. lavonia

I have more energy when I don't eat?

I felt that way too. I was baffled for years. For me, I have nerve damage close to the adrenal glands and the adrenal nerve. When my neurosurgeon opened my spinal cord up (and the pressure came off), the food issues stopped. Then after radiating the spine I reverted to old symptoms. So I...
  10. lavonia

Hypoglycemia driving me mad. Will HC help??

I have had a reverse pattern on my cortisol for a while. The HC has definitely helped all of that. If you eat small meals, cortisol will produce in higher amounts. It's why I was on a very low calorie diet for a while. If your body is low of cortisol, you might be having a similar issue. If I...
  11. lavonia

Adrenal Fatigue, Suggestions Where to Turn?

What is HC? :) MRI is clear, no pituitary Tumor. I started Cabergoline (dopamine agonist) recently. Will have to wait longer before I can comment on that. I am having fluid problems at night, much more urine than I should have, some swellings in the hands. My pain level is high, with low...
  12. lavonia

Dear Ema, I would like to thank you for all your information. It helped me get moving toward the right direction. Doc found that my prolactin is running high. There is no way I can be pregnant. I'm going in for a pituitary MRI Wed. Will try to update. Think they may be looking for tumor.
  13. lavonia

Blood Labs are all within the last week and month: Cortisol (saliva): http://lavoniamorris.com/Personal/cortisol.jpg Blood counts 1: http://lavoniamorris.com/Personal/blood_counts1.jpg Blood counts 2: http://lavoniamorris.com/Personal/blood_counts2.jpg Blood counts 3 (thyroid/cortisol)...
  14. lavonia

I want to read over a bit more and reply. Wanted to post this for you, the nerve chart of the spinal cord. I'm not sure how the adrenal nerve works in relation to spinal column, will have to study it. However, I know the other corresponding areas that have pressure are where I have problems...
  15. lavonia

Thank you, that will help me get started for sure. I do believe anti-inflams help. The steroid helped the most. I felt the most "normal" on it though was definitely getting too much at night at the time. I'd been on a high dose of ibuprofen, 1800 mgs for a year after the steroid drop. I...
  16. lavonia

Ema, I've been off of steroids since July 2012. I was aware it'd take time to stabilize, but now it's well over a year and a half. I am weakening and I've noticed the muscles affected are specifically those that affect the adrenals. The low back pain in the precise area that affects adrenals...
  17. lavonia

Thanks Ema. I had spinal surgery in March 2012, followed it up with radiation until the end of July. I was hopeful, felt good after surgery. Was on 4-5 mg of dexamethosone during radiation, biking 2 miles a day and feeling good but still had right leg weakness. He dropped steroid immediately...
  18. lavonia

Hello new friends. I was hoping I could post some information and you could share some of your wisdom. Firstly, I'm having trouble getting diagnosis and proper testing and I'm not sure what or where to go next. My CBC, blood counts, organs, and everything is pretty much normal, glucose, blood...