• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. manna

Psychedelics and Immunomodulation: Novel Approaches and Therapeutic Opportunities

I've absolutely nothing against biochemistry. Never said or implied that much either. Just that on it's own it's incomplete. I have no religious beliefs and slurring with new agey, mumbo jumbo and pseudo science, proton crouton jabs has nothing to do with anything worth saying imo and should...
  2. manna

Psychedelics and Immunomodulation: Novel Approaches and Therapeutic Opportunities

Not sure what you mean? If they were better when they were thin would that would mean it's a good sign of improvement by that reasoning? You know some say that that empty space is actually a plenum and that atoms are holes in this plenum. This would then mean that the higher the density of a...
  3. manna

Ego stroking? It was time to leave anyway. Atb
  4. manna

Report in Mail on new suicide and ME? study by King's College

from: http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=14948 Not sure where they get this data from. Cancer and suicide is what I've heard of most in connection to ME/CFS and MCS. That's just from years of forumming. Not sure if the above conclusion is from data or someone's many years...
  5. manna

Welllll yes, biochemistry maybe but biochemistry only? I don't think so cause wise. It did occur to me that I sailed my ship before really checking out of the port with the point to the first post but I could argue, correctly I think, that what I've said helps ellucidate the biochemical affects...
  6. manna

I think it's generally viewed, or is by me at least, to be "reductionist" when you reduce what could be deemed a whole body "adaptogenic" affect down to specific receptors. In my view what you suggest is most definitely allowed within the scheme of a general system wide affect via the CNS...
  7. manna

During the experience there is often what is called "the purge", which is an intense episode of projectile vomitting, to put it lightly. It feels like even your big toe is vomitting. It is said by some that this purge is so deep as to instantly remove any parasites, yeasts and viral fragments...
  8. manna

I might try caapi leaves for a light experience. About 5-6 grams brewed. A great mood enhancer but not more than once every 5 days. It's important when reporting on DMT use to be specific about how any breakthrough occurred. Was it vaped pure DMT, Banisteriopsis Caapi with Chacruna, Caapi with...
  9. manna

Thankfully I'd say that you've kept your doses low. Vaping DMT is known to be potentially mind blowing in the extreme. One longterm respected member of DMTNexus claimed that a woman he'd done it with has not come back and is a shadow of her former self. I can't remember the exact numbers but I...
  10. manna

ADHD and bowel disease are, on average, most likely synonomous. I believe 95% of people with autism present with bowel disease. I think we come from different angles in general. For me it's relevant that many "digestive" meridians pass over, around and up into the head. This connects them to the...
  11. manna

I think it's important to have some distinction between cause and affect, as far as DMT is conceerned. Saying DMT reduces inflammation is not strictly true. As you know, if you take DMT on it's own, orally, for the most it'll do nothing. The DMT in acacia is said by some not to need an MAOI to...
  12. manna

I wouldn't put MDMA in a "heaqling" category. It may help separate someone from a cause of shock but it does this by inducing/forcing the brain to operate at a higher level than maybe it's naturally able to. Overuse of MDMA, or even just once, can lead to problems of depression. It's not that...
  13. manna

I think the benefits derive in many ways but I would say that ultimately the energy is love in an actual energetic healing form. As mushy as it sounds. 2 "experiences" can be vastly different. So long as you're in the right place with the right preparation it has the ability to take care of the...
  14. manna

@Thomas I obtained my own. Generally 4-6 hours with caapi/chacruna. I've never personally liked the idea of retreats though I expect a few might be good. I recommend you join the ayahuasca.com forum and do some indepth research. Also check the laws of your own country regarding the substances...
  15. manna

Freddd's protocol killed my sleep

I've spoken with a fair few folk with M.E./CFS who awaken at the same time, often within minutes, most nights. I'm sure you can look to the meridian clock in Chin. Med. to find what is causing it. Between 3-5 is the high phase and repair time for the lung meridian. It's telling that you're awake...
  16. manna

I did Ayahuasca and successfully broke through on about a dozen occasions. Often I would think "that's it I'm healed" only for it to return a few days later. What I felt it did was to erase the years of illness memory and trauma and wipe the slate clean. It was excellent in this aspect as years...
  17. manna

Graham Norton in The Telegraph Agony Column replies to someone with ME

I go for most getting slowly worse. My experience is that in some ways it has gotten easier but really that's more to do with my body giving up the fight a little. Overall I feel less discomfort but have more issues, like with my chest etc. I believe the CNS shuts down to some extent or gets...
  18. manna

My Full Recovery By TCM + TCM issues Q&A

The Healthpoint Electro-Acupuncture device is a very cheap way to get one aspect of TCM. They go pretty cheap on eBay second hand and are at least as good as needle treatments in my experience. I bought one for £2.50 from a car boot and had immediate relief from a stitch in my liver which had...
  19. manna

Beware of Breakspear.

I have a diagnosis of M.E. from the NHS and a private Doctor. I believe aerobic exercise would have negative consequences for anyone with permanent fatigue, be that under the heading of CFS or M.E. Breakspear, as far as I'm aware, are one the only clinics in the UK that have a no chemical odor...
  20. manna

Himalayan Pink Salt. Anyone?

I use Himalayan rock salt in my salt inhaler, as it lasts 3-6 months, so its not a weekly expense. Supposedly the pink is iron. For cooking, and on food, I use unteated sea salt. I also put a small handfull of untreated sea salt in the bath, to neutralise the chlorine, but not too much. I don't...
  21. manna

Beware of Breakspear.

That's a shame she's said that. I've read through some of their articles and newsletters and was generally impressed. I don't think it implies she's with Wessley et al though. Perhaps she believes that M.E., as a physical illness, can be helped by exercise? She's wrong if so. It was from...
  22. manna

Inclined Bed Therapy

Andrew Fletcher reports that less or no snoring is common. I've read a few posts too where men say their wives report that affect. One fella said he still snores a little, so he's told, if he eats a heavy meal in the evening. I started at 3 inches actually, not 2.5 as I said earlier.
  23. manna

'yoga created by men for male bodies'

Hi JAM, I had some friends who were doing this a few years ago. They've moved away now. I wonder if they're still doing it? I had a look at it, no odor at all. If I had the land/space I would definitely do it...bit nippy in winter though :wide-eyed: Bookmarked.
  24. manna

Inclined Bed Therapy

Hi @SDSue Didn't sound like fun. Hope you're feeling better now. A conservative starting point? I don't know for sure. I assume it'll be different for everyone. The fella who posted previously said he gets benefit from 1.5 inches so maybe around that. I'm at 3.5 and, even though I'm finding...
  25. manna

Not sure if you're implying that squatting is the correct way to have a bowel movement but, if so, I wholeheartedly agree. I haven't sat on the loo for a movement in years. You can even buy squatting stools now to fit round a western toilet. At present the majority of the world squat...
  26. manna

Hi Golden, they might eh! I forgot the next line...you might think it's funny but it's really hot and runny :) used to love that poem. What I was getting at originally was that if you're listening to your body, which can sometimes be difficult, then you shouldn't be able to cause yourself harm...
  27. manna

Inclined Bed Therapy

So that's 4 1/4 inches. That's quite an increase to begin with but might be ok. Good luck and expect some strange healings. My eyes were all buzzy for a while.
  28. manna

Diarrhoea? Never heard of it :p oh yeaaah..comes out ya bum like a bullet from a gun :jaw-drop:
  29. manna

Rants are like ants in your pants...you just gotta get em out! This is manna btw not JAM though both could be said to be edible :D. Yeah implosion is cool. It's how the universe works using the spiral...everything's made from spirals as you may know...dna, ears, milky way, tornados etc etc...