• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Lack of chatter about the Ketogenic Diet

What you find if you hang out on low carb forums is a range of people who are quite expert on trying to manage the symptoms of long-term keto - depression, lack of energy, panic disorder, anxiety, SIBO, insomnia, etc. They are usually on 4-5 supplements and various prescription medicines. Sleep...
  2. J

Lack of chatter about the Ketogenic Diet

A serious word of warning about Keto diets long-term. 18 months of eating very low carb is how I ended up a long time reader on Phoenix Rising. It wrecked my life; this is not an exaggeration. Six months in on the diet, I thought I had found the secret to the universe. I had increased energy...
  3. J

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

Totally agree. I think the posts didn't seem to make sense to you because they don't actually make sense (not to make light of people with brain fog, I have been there and am sometimes still there). I think she's more engaged in internet position battling, like a lot of the people in that diet...
  4. J

OI with high BP?

I do not have CFS but have struggled to find some way of dealing with high BP, pulse, insomnia, anxiety and night sweats. My siblings and mother have the same problems only worse. All of my symptoms got to dangerous levels with a crash following 18 months of low carb eating two years ago...
  5. J

I have had an interesting reaction to my second stint using an XOS made from corn cobs (not sure this was intended for human consumption, perhaps intended for lab rats?), plus GOS (Bimuno) and psyllium as base prebiotics for the last several weeks. In addition to improved energy stability, I had...
  6. J

If only I could make money selling off my excess cortisol.
  7. J

On the oligosaccharides, best to mix them up, for instance different chain length FOS/Inulin? best to mix GOS in with something like FOS to spread effect along length of colon or for cross-feeding of populations? I have personally experienced some benefit from taking higher dose FOS (reduced...
  8. J

I don't have CFS/ME but I have been following this thread (along with several other threads) closely for many months and thought I would chime in. In order to lose weight and improve my health, I went very low carb. I was under 50 grams of carb for about 16 months, under 40 grams almost every...