• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Jon_Tradicionali

A Metabolic Trap for ME/CFS?

Hi Janet, You may have already been asked this question but is Ron aware of Cortene’s hypotheses and their upcoming phase 2 trial?
  2. Jon_Tradicionali

Using meds to create hypersomnia for Aggressive Rest Therapy?

Many patients with ME/CFS are already hypersomniacs, myself included. I understand the theory behind your planned cocktail. It just isn't as simple as that. Perhaps try Diazepam? I know of someone who recovered with that drug. Nearly half of chronic fatigue syndrome patients meet MSLT...
  3. Jon_Tradicionali

Skip Pridgen's Phase II Clinical Trial Results Published

Pridgen believes CFS is also a part of the spectrum of syndromes caused by HSV1. FM is at the severe end of this spectrum.
  4. Jon_Tradicionali

I haven't talked to him in over a year but the patients were at 95% and controls at 1% or 3% (cannot remember which). I remember asking him why, if he believes active HSV1 to be the true cause of FM, active proteins were not found in 100% of patients, He told me it was very likely that the...
  5. Jon_Tradicionali

He had originality said to have found active HSV-1 viral proteins in over 90% of FM patients' gut biopsy samples. That finding alone is impressive. The treatment results, not so much.
  6. Jon_Tradicionali

An Update on ME/CFS Research with Ronald W. Davis, PhD

CFS patients autoantibodies to choline receptors. Proven in studies if you care to pubmed. aCH resistance may be more appropriate than excessive aCH.
  7. Jon_Tradicionali

How can we "stimulate" mTOR?

This thread needs to cool down. We are all frustrated with not finding symptomatic relief (for 2 decades in my case). Perhaps I speak for myself only, but I have experimented this disease to death. That's why I'd recommend to others who are more new to the ME/CFS world to wait a little longer...
  8. Jon_Tradicionali

How can we "stimulate" mTOR?

The mTOR pathway is implicated in dozens of major diseases from cancer to autism. To say it is central to ME/CFS is not unique and leads us nowhere quick. Continuing to uncover the source of the mysterious molecule discovered by Davis is by far the most promising lead we have. Experimenting...
  9. Jon_Tradicionali

An Update on ME/CFS Research with Ronald W. Davis, PhD

Please make Ron aware of this and any other hypothesis you may have, supported by a scientific study. I'd encourage everyone else to do the same.
  10. Jon_Tradicionali

Comment by 'Jon_Tradicionali' in ''paper' on CFS/ME- the brain?'

How do you theorise steam and massages to alleviate said hypothalamic dysfunction, which has 'cured' your case of CFS/ME
  11. Jon_Tradicionali

Vaccine-triggered CFS linked to nasopharynx inflammation, and 81% cured or improved by treating this nasopharyngitis

Has anyone attempted this yet? Either swabbing pharynx or the Q tip test? I personally tried brushing the Q tip against pharynx but found no trace of blood. It could be that I didn't brush hard enough or deep enough into the cavity.
  12. Jon_Tradicionali

Guys Let's Focus on the latest science here

The illest 4 letter word in the world How does Obeticholic acid fit in with FlugeMella theory?
  13. Jon_Tradicionali

Vaccine-triggered CFS linked to nasopharynx inflammation, and 81% cured or improved by treating this nasopharyngitis

@Jonathan Edwards You're correct in that no biological parameters were tested in this study. The whole thing is quite basic in concept. However, the results speak for themselves as patients who are bedbound and recovering from this treatment suggests this is more than just a placebo effect...
  14. Jon_Tradicionali

Zinc is much more than anti-inflammatory. I first started looking at the antiviral properties of zinc when Pridgen hypothesised HSV1 as the causative factor in ME/CFS. Zinc is a very effective antiviral and this could be another potential reason it has worked in the patients in study quoted by...
  15. Jon_Tradicionali

In Rare Disorder, Woman's Immune System Attacks Her Own Brain

"Doctors also need to remove all of the problematic antibodies from a person's blood. To do so, the woman in the case underwent plasmapheresis, a procedure to purify the blood, for five days, the doctors wrote. She was also given medications to suppress her immune system, in order to stop the...
  16. Jon_Tradicionali

Rib.

Yes I've had the same symptom, on and off, for the last 5-6 years. Have had all necessary tests done with no apparent explanation for the symptom (surprise). Only abnormalities to be seen in my complete workup carried out in the summer are very high HSV1 and EBV.
  17. Jon_Tradicionali

Dr. Jay Goldstein's Rapid Remission ME/CFS Treatments.

I'm not budging from square 1 unfortunately. Did try ISDN/Hydralazine with no luck, then again, I've not had luck with anything. Someone else may find it useful.
  18. Jon_Tradicionali

A Proven Treatment-Cure for Chronic Epsten Barr Virus

Should be featured on PR front page. Hmm I bet you did stand-up pre-ME/CFS.
  19. Jon_Tradicionali

Article: ..ME since I was eight – and the way I'm treated hasn't changed in 30 years

Know how this person feels. Had it since I was 4-5 I think it's worse never having really experienced life before ME. The past two decades ive been dreaming of what it must be like to not have this. The patients that have become ill during middle age, or later, are so very lucky. Even though...
  20. Jon_Tradicionali

Complete Symptom Relief and CFS Remission Since Starting Nitric Oxide Supplement

I've tried 10g liquid form AAKG along with 10kg Citrulline once daily, along with an "NO booster" which had L-Norvaline and a few other NO 'boosting' ingredients. I did this after the Fluge/Mella patent was filed. Apart from large veins and a body which looks like a mid twenties...
  21. Jon_Tradicionali

Complete Symptom Relief and CFS Remission Since Starting Nitric Oxide Supplement

Can someone let us know how they get on, once they've tried the product in question please. Thanks.
  22. Jon_Tradicionali

I realise you've been crowded with questions but is it possible to answer mine from above? Thanks.
  23. Jon_Tradicionali

@gregh286 Have already tried a few "NO boosters". But I'll give this a go. How long before it initially took effect and symptoms mitigated?
  24. Jon_Tradicionali

Comment by 'Jon_Tradicionali' in 'AMPK, Glucose uptake - Metformin and insulin'

I've been looking into this for the last 6 months. I have self medicated Metformin even though I am not diabetic, with the sole purpose of re-activating the AMPK enzyme. This isn't the answer. The theory may be quite correct but the solution requires a lot more thinking than a couple...
  25. Jon_Tradicionali

Possible CFS success story. Got much better after 4-5 years. Here's what has helped.

I agree the forum should not be polluted by potential misinformation by non CFS sufferers. However, who is to say he does or does not have CFS? What is CFS to begin with? A collection of symptoms which can have a variety of biological causes at its root. His symptoms resemble ours close...
  26. Jon_Tradicionali

Reductions in circulating levels of IL-16, IL-7 and VEGF-A in ME

Associations come in the dozens. However these are all downstream factors which make it impossible to connect the dots without looking further upstream as to the causative agent.
  27. Jon_Tradicionali

Dr. Jay Goldstein's Rapid Remission ME/CFS Treatments.

@zzz Have dug deep into eNOS dysfunction and uncovered two candidates to treat it. You have Hydralazine which when combined with a standard NO donor has proven to greatly increase efficacy. Perhaps bypass the nitrate tolerance which has roadblocked you. You then have the option of PETN, which...
  28. Jon_Tradicionali

EBV cure at www.ebva.co.uk??

Ellis's, yes. Please don't waste time on this. It's a dead end.