• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Mending adrenal glands - rising cortisol and feeling DRASTICALLY improved

Ok...can you help me on this iron puzzle: Im low ferritn 33 and low iron (wont know that number until tomorrow)......Im on 25mgs of hydrocortisone, 1 tab of florinef and 90mgs of natural dessicated thyroid....doc told me to take more iron based on these numbers....Im currently taking 90mgs of...
  2. L

Tips on taking florinef?

Can you help me? I started Florinef before Christmas...My aldosterone was a 2.....Ive slowly increased it...up to 1 1/2 tabs a day...I take 60meq of slw release K and sea salt water.......I also take 25 mgs of hydrocortisone a day....Ok, Im gaining weight hand over fist.....as I increased my...
  3. L

Florinef and High BP.

Does increasing salt intake in florinef waste potassium further? I'm a mess today.... Sick to my stomach, panicky , awful. Any help would be appreciated !!!!
  4. L

Florinef and High BP.

Now up to a full tab of florinef and two 20meq tabs if slow release potassium ..... I'm trying to drink more sea salt water, but 3 teaspoons a day is leaving me more dry mouthed than anything .... My blood pressure gets better when standing with the higher salt intake but I'm not feeling right...
  5. L

OI, florinef, pulse, advice please

Now up to a full tab of florinef and two 20meq tabs if slow release potassium ..... I'm trying to drink more sea salt water, but 3 teaspoons a day is leaving me more dry mouthed than anything .... My blood pressure gets better when standing with the higher salt intake but I'm not feeling right...
  6. L

OI, florinef, pulse, advice please

Can anyone help me? I've been on florinef 3/4 of a tab for a week... Drinking two teaspoons of sea salt a day..... Taking 20meq potassium a day.... Just had labs checked before going to 3/4 a tab... Was on half a tab for labs .... Potassium was at 4.5 and sodium 140.....after I drink my sea...