• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. U

Different reports Genetic genie vs livewello

Thank you Valentijn If so does it mean i can't tolerate methyl B12 well and should take hydroxy B12 instead? cause i have comt V158 +/- also and i rade that you need less methyl groups in this situation.
  2. U

Different reports Genetic genie vs livewello

Hello I ran my raw data in livewello and received different results for my VDR TAQ gene than i received in genetic genie. Livewello report didn't show any mutation in this gene. but genetic genie showed i am Homozygous for this gene VDR taq +/+. Now i am confused, i used to take methyl B12 for...
  3. U

Very confused about metylation

Hey I did the 23andme test a few months ago. I thought i have some MTHFR issues because of my depression and CFS. The results showed no MTHFR mutations, but some other mutations: COMT V158M +/- COMT H62H +/- VDR Taq +/+ MAO-A R297R +/+ MTR A2756G +/- MTRR K350A +/- CBS A360A +/- I started...
  4. U

23andme results no MTHFR mutations (Help)

Hey I have finally done the 23andme test. This quite surprised me cause i was sure i had some mthfr issues but i don't. I suffer from chronic fatigue and depression which antidepressants do nothing for it. I found out i have some mtr/mtrr issues which as i read this mutation needs lots of...
  5. U

Need help analyzing 23andme results

Hey I have finally done the 23andme test. This quite surprised me cause i was sure i had some mthfr issues but i don't. I suffer from chronic fatigue and depression which antidepressants do nothing for it. I found out i have some mtr/mtrr issues which as i read this mutation needs lots of...
  6. U

Fatigue since starting methyl folate

Hey I started taking methyl folate few weeks ago i take (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid Since starting it i am feeling much more fatigue than before. I take only 1 mg daily, could this fatigue be because of this small amount? Should i increase my dosage? and the fatigue will be gone. It...
  7. U

Methyl B12 issues (OCD,irritability)

Hey Freddd Thanks for the priceless info :) Yes anxiety was always part of my life. must of the time it's under control but when i reach stressful situation i begin to lose it. I saw a video about this problem which relates stress to MTHFR. If i start low and go slow do you think i will be...
  8. U

Hey Thanks for your answer Critterina I tried once to take b complex with 400 mcg of L-5-MTHF but it also contained 400 mcg of methyl B12. Then i felt even worse my anxiety was off the roof.. I didn't try methylfolate by itself. I did try cyanoB12 when i took it i was also a little bit anxious...
  9. U

Hey Thanks for your answers Critterina I tried once to take b complex with 400 mcg of L-5-MTHF but it also contained 400 mcg of methyl B12. Then i felt even worse my anxiety was off the roof.. I didn't try methylfolate by itself. I did try cyanoB12 when i took it i was also a little bit...
  10. U

Hello Just wanted to start by saying this is very informative forum. I rade about Methyl B12 here and how it can help with some mental issues. So i decided to give it a try. i tried taking 500 mcg of methyl B12 (by douglas labs) but it made me feel very anxious and my ocd got worse i tried...