• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Anyone Have Some Extra Sulfate Strips They Want to Sell?

Hey everyone, I'm looking to pick up some sulfate test strips and figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has some that are just sitting around that you aren't using anymore. I'd be willing to buy them off of you. I know I can get them on Amazon, but it's $33 for 100 of them and I will never...
  2. J

How much methylfolate and B12 do YOU take per day?

Yeah I thought things were improving with my sleep a couple nights ago but then they regressed last night. I've been having insomnia combined with anxiety at night for the past few months where I will literally lay in bed staring at the ceiling for at least an hour to 2 before finally falling...
  3. J

What's this veggie folate deficiency I see mentioned?

Hey Freddd, Yep, that's exactly what I'm trying now. I switched over to a pea/rice blend of protein powder and cut out the greens from the smoothies, so now it's just fruit, almond milk or coconut water, and this new protein powder. The bloating certainly seems to have calmed down and I'm not...
  4. J

Yeah I feel kinda wired at night sometimes too when I take the methylfolate too late. It's a tough situation though because if I'm low on the folate, I start getting my nausea symptoms. So it's choose between that, or being too wired/anxious to sleep and I already have bad insomnia, so I'm...
  5. J

Hi Critterina, My bad, just realized I wasn't very clear on the symptoms. It's actually kinda hard for me to pinpoint because I feel like every day the symptoms change slightly. The one thing that's been pretty consistent for the past few months is a near-constant nausea. It goes in waves...
  6. J

I'm just curious what everyone else's current methylfolate and B12 dosage is. I've been increasing mine by a ton the past few days trying to get out of what I think is folate deficiency, and today I got up to 14 pills of Solgar Metafolin but still feel like I may need more. B12 was about 8,000...
  7. J

Gluthione Pre Cursor

Haha yeah I know! I talk to people all the time at the gym and mention t-nation and they have no idea what it is. It's an awesome site if you're into lifting though. Good to see another person here that's into training like me. I'm just thankful that despite feeling like crap all the time, I...
  8. J

Gluthione Pre Cursor

Hi Freddd, Yeah I hear you. I will order the brands you recommend and try those out then. So you mentioned that B12 deficiency can mask itself as folate deficiency. How exactly do I know which one I have then? Say I'm increasing my B12 and I'm still noticing the symptoms I've been...
  9. J

Hey Freddd, Thanks for jumpin in here. Yeah I think for now I will try to cut back a little just to see if anything changes. There are so many variables right now and I've had this daily feeling of nauseousness for like the past 3 months that won't go away no matter what I do. Some days it is...
  10. J

Gluthione Pre Cursor

Hmmm, never thought of it that way. So how much B12 do you recommend I increase to? The past few days I've been doing 4,000 mcg of MeB12 and 1,000 mcg of AdB12. I use this one from Seeking Health which is a mix of both B12's: http://www.seekinghealth.com/active-b12-lozenge-362.html Also, should...
  11. J

Gluthione Pre Cursor

Yeah I'm very familiar with t-nation's stuff actually. I've been reading their articles for years. Plazma is more of a peri-workout supplement though as opposed to a straight protein powder, and to be honest, it's overpriced for what you get. I use the whey for other parts of the day too when...
  12. J

Yeah it could be an inadvertent thing too like you said. Ugh this stuff is so confusing. I thought greens were supposed to be good for you! I'm also hetero for MTHFR A1298C and C677T so I have both of them unfortunately. Good article. Okay so I was wrong then. For some reason I thought I...
  13. J

I've heard Freddd and a few others talk about a veggie folate deficiency or something. Can someone explain what that is exactly? I was under the impression that veggies provide the active form of folate so your body doesn't need to convert it, so howcome that would be a problem for some people...
  14. J

Gluthione Pre Cursor

Gotcha. Yeah yesterday I went up to 8,000 mcg folate because I've been feeling like crap for a while and I'm starting to wonder if it's in fact a deficiency. I just get really nervous about doing super high doses even though it's supposedly safe. I don't have CFS or anything serious, just basic...
  15. J

Gluthione Pre Cursor

How much folate are you currently taking Martial?
  16. J

Folate deficiency - Are these supplements okay (no follic acid and non-racemic form)?

The Seeking Health ones should be good. They are formulated by Dr. Lynch who specializes in mutations. I know some others here use the Solgar methylfolate. I just ordered some Solgar myself because it's cheaper. I got it off Amazon.
  17. J

Another Methylation Questions Thread. Need Some Advice.

Hey everyone, I've been doing a ton of reading on this site and trying to make sense of everything, and while I feel like I'm starting to grasp methylation a bit better, some things are still unclear to me. Hopefully @Freddd or someone with a lot of experience can jump in here and help me. My...
  18. J

Couple of questions

Thanks guys. Fred, I normally don't jump all over the place with the methylfolate. I was gradually increasing it every week but the only reason I dropped to 400 mcg yesterday is because I thought I was over methylated so I wanted to cut back. Maybe that wasn't the best idea in hindsight but it...
  19. J

Couple of questions

Hi Fred, Thanks for responding here. That's definitely interesting and I didn't think of that. So how do I know for sure if my symptoms are actually a result of me starting to heal like you said and they really aren't being caused by a CBS mutation like my doctor thinks it could be? Is there...
  20. J

Couple of questions

Hey everyone, I'm new here and recently found out I have one abnormal copy of C677T and one abnormal copy of A1298C (I believe this means compound heterozygous?) The test unfortunately didn't check for any CBS mutations or any others, but my holistic doctor started me on FolaPro and B-Supreme...