• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. commonsense

On path to recovery.. Finally

Great to hear that camas! Wish you good luck.
  2. commonsense

Hi Dan, From what I have read DAO actually degrades histamines in the gut while OTC antihistamines only block the mast cell receptors. Thats my layman's explanation, since I am no doctor :) In my personal experience its just better to avoid histamine rich foods as much as you can and use DAO on...
  3. commonsense

No I didn't follow a methylation protocol just Methyl B12 combined with B-Vitamin rich whole foods like lentils, sprouts, green leafy veggies, chicken etc. Did you try eliminating refined-sugar, processed foods, food additives and fermented foods from your diet? I just want all of you to...
  4. commonsense

My only advice take it before food. 30-45 minutes before. Good luck.
  5. commonsense

In the summer of 2011, when my parents visited me I couldn't even walk a quarter of a mile (0.25 miles). I would be breathless and suffer from PEM for several days after that. Today on an average I can walk 2-3 miles a day.
  6. commonsense

I am sorry MeSci. I have been feeling well for about 4-5 weeks at 80% with the offending food items. And about 9 months at 60% without any offending food items. By 60% I mean I could do all my daily activities, drive, run about 3 miles once a week, as long as I kept away from the offending...
  7. commonsense

Hi Carolyn, My doc plain told me to not go down that route, since it's just going to be a wild goose chase. He was of the opinion there is no point pursuing my condition and it was a lost cause. Short answer: No never had any histamine or dao tests. I have tried DAOSin so far.
  8. commonsense

Hi Wayne, thank you :) Since the very beginning of my condition, I reacted very strongly to Caffeine (and Tyramine) and MSG (or free Glutamate in any form). It gave me severe dizziness, nausea, brain-fog, extreme fatigue and so on. But it took me almost 3-4 years to realise this, because the...
  9. commonsense

Sue, my response to Post-exertional malaise is a resounding YES. Sorry I had so many symptoms all at once, I forgot to list this one. Through all these years I always had it even after mild forms of exercise. About a year ago I decided to go all out and prepare for a marathon (sounds crazy, but...
  10. commonsense

Hi Sue. Yes I decided to post this because I know exactly what all of us are going through. Could you please elaborate what's PEM? I had many crashes with B12, small and big. So I decided to supplement with B12 only twice a week, giving my body enough time to recover.
  11. commonsense

What has helped more with your sleep?

Magnesium Citramate
  12. commonsense

Hi Guys and Gals, I am writing this message in good faith and with a sincere hope of helping as many people as I can. For almost 4-5 years I have been a regular spectator on this forum, but never had an account nor did I actively participate. This was mainly because I didn't have enough mental...