• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Agaricus Blazei Murill - Anti viral, immune modulating fungi

Hello all, I have recently come across reports about Agarics Blazei Murill (initially with regard to treatment of Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which I have too). I spontaneously ordered some and have taken it for about a week now. I feel strangely well ... but of course this may be just a complete...
  2. M

Poll on blood pressure

Hi Countrygirl, I have been looking for answers and found your entry here. I am experiencing something similar, which seems to be untypical for ME. I used to have low blood pressure, actually in my first complete crash in 1986 my bp was so low the doctor said he was surprised I could get up, he...
  3. M

Negative stereotyping of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome

FYI BMJ. 2004 Jun 5;328(7452):1354-7. Epub 2004 May 28. General practitioners' perceptions of chronic fatigue syndrome and beliefs about its management, compared with irritable bowel syndrome: qualitative study. Raine R1, Carter S, Sensky T, Black N...
  4. M

(not important) 2014 Wessely book's chapter on Somatization.

I wished I could get a hold of this paper.
  5. M

(not important) 2014 Wessely book's chapter on Somatization.

Very interesting, thank you for posting this chapter. Now I know why I have been diagnosed with somatisation disorder and neurasthenia. Ha, ha. After years of suffering and humiliation in the hand of doctors, hundreds of hours of research I finally diagnosed myself as having ME (I can tick all...
  6. M

Are there supplements or non medication techniques to raise BP?

I think so. I grew up with this as kind of general knowledge (like New Yorkers will always recommend chicken soup for flu).:-) They also use Kneipp treatments in spas - like having a shallow pool with a hot water and cold water basin. You walk though the hot water and then though the cold water...
  7. M

Are there supplements or non medication techniques to raise BP?

I used to suffer from very low blood pressure when I was young. I never got any medication. One thing that helped was old fashioned hydrotherapy (called Kneipp therapy in German speaking countries, after the 19th century naturopath who developed them). For low blood pressure it is the hot/cold...
  8. M

Histamine

Hi, so much has been said in this thread, that I don't need to add much, just something about my personal experiences. I was diagnosed with Histamine Intolerance with DAO deficiency about 8 years ago. Eliminating Histamine from my diet has certainly made a huge difference. I try to eat as...
  9. M

POTs Vs PEM

Hey, I just found your thread. Very interesting, you wrote I have to lie in bed most of the time, not because of fatigue or PEM, but because of OI - I think that is the case for me too. The more and more I read about POTS and OI I feel I need to get these tests done. :bulb:
  10. M

Mitochondrial dysfunction - mainstream view in CFS or not?

Initially I was thinking of the three papers published by Sarah Myhill, Norman E Booth, John McLaren-Howard. And reading this thread I saw that there are others. I am trying to learn about it more - mitochondria disfunction seems to explain a lot, so I was wondering why there is no mention of...
  11. M

Mitochondrial dysfunction - mainstream view in CFS or not?

Hi folks, I just read through your thread. I have a question regarding the IOM report, which was published a few days ago, and is being discussed widely in blogs and forums. I scanned through the IOM report and there is no reference to any research that has to do with mitochondria. Why does...