• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Izola

Wessely's next pie

Np need to be sorry. I live in the states and am getting used to it, I guess. iz
  2. Izola

Wessely's next pie

You are scaring the sh*t out of me.
  3. Izola

Petition to recognize ME in Germany

4. Izola

Use of placebo effect, or cues to your body that you are taking a medicine

"This seems to indicate that this is behavioural conditioning placebo regarding coffe since then I (my body) knows the look, taste and smell of coffee and what it does to my body. I think my body somehow then starts to mimic the effect of caffeine. It does not do that with caffeine pills since...
  5. Izola

Mitochondrial and Energy Metabolism Dysfunction in ME/CFS — Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard Papers

Thank you, Hip. I must be worse than I thought. :aghhh: iz
  6. Izola

Mitochondrial and Energy Metabolism Dysfunction in ME/CFS — Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard Papers

Hip: Thank you for this research post. (I do not remember how to do the "@ your name" thing and am way too ill to do the mini- quotes. I am sorry. plus my laptop does't work well):( Q. Does "ADM" & ATM both mean adenosisine monophosphate? :confused: Thanks. iz
  7. Izola

Help With symptomm

IMO [in my opinion], Petko21, your symptoms could be ME/cfs, Lyme or something else, although both are looking feasible. The "6 month" waiting period is slapped onto the diagnoses originally by bureaucrats who felt it necessary to rule out a "simple" post viral infection syndrome which, it is...
  8. Izola

NIH post-infectious CFS study

Hi: I am having some very bad brain and function these day but I wanted to mention that Cort had an article (+ interview?) about Dr. Daniel Peterson a while back. I can't remember much except that Dr. Peterson was interested in something like the biologic markers left behind from pathogens in...
  9. Izola

Meirleir Poll

Oops. On the 'in depth' monitor, I guess I was barely skimming the surface of this conversation & missed most all your comments in between yours, Mattie, and mine. iz
  10. Izola

Meirleir Poll

IMO "success' rate and "cure" rate are two different things in the ME/cfs world. I haven't heard that KDM claims a 70% success rate. I would conclude that if he did, it would be an improvement rate. Otherwise, we would all be camped at his door if we could forage the money for a plane flight...
  11. Izola

High Figlu despite high dose MTHF, why?

* * * * kyzcreig: If you have not already, perhaps you might want to look at the potential risks of Accutane "Accutane (isotretinoin) is a popular drug for severe acne created by Hoffmann-LaRoche Inc. The drug is linked to severe bowel disease and other side effects. . ."...
  12. Izola

High Figlu despite high dose MTHF, why?

kyzcreig : My problems started when I began taking Accutane. Vitamin A and its derivatives (accutane) upregulate GNMT activity." *** kyzcreig: If you have not already, perhaps you might want to look at the potential risks of Accutane "Accutane (isotretinoin) is...
  13. Izola

bacterial infection detector

How is it supposed to work?
  14. Izola

Soundtrack of your CFS life…

Dylan: "When The Ship Comes In" 1966 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXn4njgCg-k And Dylan "Desolation Row" Bob Dylan - Desolation Row - The Bootleg Series, Vol. 4 : Bob Dylan Live 1966 Lyrics They're selling postcards of the hanging, they're painting the passports brown The beauty...
  15. Izola

Soundtrack of your CFS life…

A young Bob Dylan : - "The Hour The Ship Comes In" - This is part of my ME sound track. It soothes my soul. "Desolution Row" 1966 Dylan.
  16. Izola

MS coincedence?

I pose another question. What are the chances of lottery winning clusters in a discreet geological area? From a discreet seller? I mean clusters, not just 2,3 or 4. What are the chances o a governmental investigation? I suspect greater than cancer cluster investigations. iz
  17. Izola

Occupy M.E. (Jennie Spotila): Fact Checking, Dr. Nath

Overall, human rights violations c/a. Cousin to Tuskegee, different motive, different MO, All w/ grave pain and suffering, lives destroyed. And some scientists are impacted by a couple of tweets? -- Get over it and buck up. (Oh, that ["buck up"] sounds way too familiar) (We're off topic...
  18. Izola

@actup A different shade of Tuskeegee??? Human rights? Overall, human rights violations c/a. Cousin to Tuskegee, different motive, different MO, All w/ grave pain and suffering, lives destroyed. And some scientists are impacted by a couple of tweets? -- Get over it and buck up. (Oh, that...
  19. Izola

@actup Yes, I, too, have idly pondered whether a class action was viable, not that I could do anything to pursue it, or even help with it. I am far too ill and now trying hard to gather info to try, again, to bring up my function through supplementation. I am, pretty much, a vegetable...
  20. Izola

That all costs money that many don't have. Then there is the agony of all that stress. I can't imagine legal action as "available" to most people with M.E./CFS. Wallit's and Nath's bias could seriously impact the researchers and the research. We have lived too long with the detrimental...
  21. Izola

Evidence for enterovirus as the cause of encephalitis lethargica

Perhaps the "loss of interest in life" derives from the point of view of the on looker. Without other input, my "behavior" would have appeared to be that of one who is disinterested in life. However, I am, and was, really just trying to stay alive. My ME arose from an Encephalitis. I could...
  22. Izola

Having Trouble with Insomnia last 5 days

Thank you, Mary. I, too, have been dealing with the insomnia monster, too, along w/ a lot of other ME issues. Until recently, my living situation made it impossible to do much more than bits and pieces of research which I would then promptly forget since my notes would disappear. I am now out...
  23. Izola

Information Commissioner's Office orders release of PACE trial data

Thanks. Kati. Between yours and Bob's help, I finally figured out (I think), what makes it so funny, in a tragic sort of way. :) iz
  24. Izola

Thank you, Bob. :). :bouquet:"s for your :ill:-ness and kindness. You very often outshine the best, in spite of :ill:. My brain being what it is, it doesn't even pick up details! o_O :sluggish::ill: iz
  25. Izola

Me neither. Even now. :confused: :sluggish: iz
  26. Izola

Progressive M.E.

Mariah: I am so sorry this is happening. There are progressive cases. Mine, too, is progressing, but not at the high speed yours is. Also, my progression probably has more to do with not limiting myself in the beginning because I had family to take care of so I was always crashing. I am...
  27. Izola

A Systematic Review of Drug Therapies for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

Bob: I feel the same way, that my original (inherent) infection is hibernating somewhere in me and occasionally it awakens and raises holy hell in me. In addition to the multitude of sustaining symptoms getting amped up high, I get the original sore throat, swollen glands, an additional 1 or 2...
  28. Izola

Evidence of Neurological Abnormalities in ME Suppressed in the IOM "ME/CFS" R

Thank You. Alex 3619. I had been puzzled about your comments about the "Rules of evidence" relating to medical matters/research. My muggy brain seems to puzzle quite easily the more it nears the ME endpoint.:( Now I get it, in spades. Certain medical matters and justice courts. Their...
  29. Izola

Evidence of Neurological Abnormalities in ME Suppressed in the IOM "ME/CFS" R

What is the origin of the "Rules of evidence" used outside of jurisprudence?