• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Biohacker

If you have not yet done so, you could try sulbutiamine!

xks201, no I don't think so. If I got dizzy it was from standing up too fast but that's about it.
  2. Biohacker

So I thought about this for a while, and I remembered that when I did the ketogenic diet (no carbs) my fatigue would go away entirely as well. Doing a little wikipedia reading on the thiamine page: The enzymes which are dependent on thiamine pyrophosphate are associated with the citric acid...
  3. Biohacker

Hi Lynn, Did the hives go away when you stopped thiamine? Or you are still taking it? I have no idea if sulbutiamine would be any different.
  4. Biohacker

Yes, I remember UBL being known to take it as well. Hasn't given me any murderous thoughts or a messiah complex though, so that's good. I'm still learning about thiamine metabolism, it would be great to find polymorphisms that cause thiamine to not be absorbed properly or excreted too quickly...
  5. Biohacker

I just introduced myself in the members forum and realized that a lot of CFS sufferers have not tried sulbutiamine, which for me is the only thing that has worked, and it works WELL. At 800/mg per day, after a couple days loading period, it completely resolves my CFS. And when I stop taking it...
  6. Biohacker

Need help with 23andme results

For CYP1B1 I suggest DIM-plus, which seems to be much more effective than raw vegetables, extracts, or I3C