• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Y

XMRV and ticks

Not only ticks transmit diseases, mosquitoes and other biting insects have been found to contain Borellia and other infections such as viruses, bacteria and parasites. Due to changing climates, there are many more infected insects.
  2. Y

Most Abrupt Treatment Turnaround - Dr Cheney

Dr. Cheney seems piggishly greedy and money hungry. Has he done anything kind or philanthropic for the CFIDS community??? He even charges for the website access, so god forbid he misses out on an opportunity to skin a desperate sick person. But again, i haven't met him...oh i forgot, i can't...
  3. Y

Could XMRV Be Transmitted by Vaccine?

Everyone with CFS should read award winning writer's Stephen Harrod Buhner's book, Herbs for Hepatitis C...where he explains in great detail how viruses like Hep C and HIV entered our population in the last century. It amazing reading. Buhner himself has Hep C and CFS.
  4. Y

(ABC) Another misleading media report on CFIDS...

You know, I watched two shows on Lyme disease last weak, Mystery ER and Jesse Ventura's conspiracy theories. Is that because Lymies are better crusaders for their cause???
  5. Y

(ABC) Another misleading media report on CFIDS...

The story profiles a triathlete who over trained and came down with CFIDS, but with proper rest she is running and competing once again...Give me a break!!!! When is the media going to show one of us in a wheel chair with and with an oxygen tank...
  6. Y

My email to American College of Rheumatology

Where are you getting this statics from??? I've communicated with tons of CFS patients and most were referred to psychiatrists, not Rheumatologists:)
  7. Y

2 enlightening fasting experiences

There is a great book on the subject of fasting by Stephen Harrod Buhner. It talks about the profound health benefits of fasting on the immune system and diseases.
  8. Y

My email to American College of Rheumatology

I thought that Fibromyalgia is a Rheumatology issue not CFS??? When I review the CFS physician referral lists, such as CO-CURE it seems that there are few Rheumatologists on the list. Maybe you should tackle the infectious disease docs, since the disease seems to have an infectious component!!!!
  9. Y

Jesse Ventura's Plum Island conspiracy show...

"Plum Island" NEW! Premieres Fri, October 15 at 10P Jesse storms Congress to find out if the government is conducting bio-warfare experiments at the mysterious Plum Island Animal Research Center off the coast of Long Island. The center began as a bio-warfare lab run by former Nazi scientists...
  10. Y

Need Los Angeles SSDI lawyer

Hi Urban...I live in L.A. and my lawyer is Judith Leland. She is considered one of the best!!! Used to be a disability judge. She is also very nice and reachable. My doc likes her a lot as well. I'm a year into the process and probably have a year to go.
  11. Y

Nose, Sinuses, Eyes, Throat, Teeth... non-stop suffering, anyone?

Also, infections associated with Lyme may cause those symptoms....like Babesia, Bartonella and a few others...