• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. U

23andme results and questions

Caledonia: I have been on a variety of things to kill the Candida, just forgot to mention. Have done the stool tests recently but waiting for results. I have read several places that some folks really couldn't kill off their Candida until they removed their amalgams and chelated the metals...
  2. U

Critterina: Sorry, I can't figure out how to reply to a post and have the part I'm replying to be in the orange box. Yes, I am taking 500 mcg of the Perque (probly had the wrong glasses on!). I take it between the cheek and gum, but haven't been rotating locations. And last week I had a big...
  3. U

Thanks, Critterina, Sherpa, and Caledonia for your helpful ideas! The last few days have been kind of intense. I saw my doc right after I wrote that post. My K+ is fine, but my liver enzymes have gone up. My SGPT was just barely elevated in early May and late June, but now it is 137 (normal...
  4. U

Bump... @Critterina , @caledonia, and @Valentijn. Would you mind looking at this, if you have the time? Thanks!
  5. U

I have had Candida issues for about 13 years. I have been dealing with heavy metal overload, Lyme, Bartonella, and depression for about 8 years. My main symptoms have been hand/wrist pain (esp. tendonitis), arm, shoulder, neck, and low back pain. My pain was much better for a few years while I...
  6. U

Looking for Yasko B12 chart online

Ah, found it when I stopped looking for it! It is on page 10 of Dr. Amy's Simplified Road Map to Health on Scribd.com.
  7. U

Looking for Yasko B12 chart online

Can someone direct me to Amy Yasko's chart that tells you which B12 to try based on your COMT and VDR? Or maybe I am not describing it correctly...
  8. U

Treating CBS Mutation

Critterina, Is there different post that shows how you figured out that the CBS mutations don't cause a 10X upregulation? Or can you direct me somewhere else?
  9. U

Potassium with B12/folate?

Are you supposed to supplement potassium when starting mB12 and methylfolate? I see mention of this, but don't know what it's about. I have tried to search on this site for this, but not finding info. If so, how much potassium? Is there an easy way to take it (non-pill) for my teen? What's...
  10. U

B12/Metafolin nausea?

Are you supposed to supplement potassium when starting mB12 and methylfolate? I have tried to search on this site for this, but not finding info.
  11. U

B12/Metafolin nausea?

She says it happened from day 1. I now have her on 1/4 tablet of Methyl B12 Plus, she is using as a lozenge only (not chewing/swallowing) and she says the nausea is not occurring. "Skin cracking and peeling at fingertips" She did have this last spring for a short time, but the only "folate"...
  12. U

Running 23andme anonymously?

I am thinking about doing the 23andme testing anonymously, as best I can. I really don't want them to have my genetic data linked to my name, and even more so my child's genetic data linked to a name forever. Trying to avoid the possiblity of our data being used against us when we try to obtain...
  13. U

Is 23andMe worth it?

Can anyone else confirm this last sentence?? I am holding back on ordering 23and me. Really want to test my daughter, but hate for her genetic data to be bought and sold over the her next 70-80 years on the planet! Upwards
  14. U

B12/Metafolin nausea?

Thanks, caledonia, for the info. Will look at the videos. Was "following doctor's orders", but I know my doc is new at this stuff also. -Upwards
  15. U

B12/Metafolin nausea?

My 15 year old (who has Lyme, and likely MCS), recently started taking Methyl B12 Plus from Douglas Labs. This is a lozenge with 400 mcg Metafolin and 1000 mcg Methylcobalamin. She says that after about 1/4 or less has melted in her mouth, she starts to feel nauseous. Then she's been chewing it...
  16. U

B12/Folate nausea?

(Sorry, I can't see how to delete my post; I just reposted it in Detox, because that looks like a more appropriate place.) My 15 year old (who has Lyme, and likely MCS), recently started taking Methyl B12 Plus from Douglas Labs. This is a lozenge with 400 mcg Metafolin and 1000 mcg...