• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

NK Cell Function Test and Medicare

No. This issue involves a large lab in the USA.
  2. N

Comment by 'NVCFS2005' in 'LabCorp changed CPT Code for NK Cell Functional Assay Testing'

Still looking for people who are not getting insurance coverage for the Natural Killer Cell Functional Assay (NK Cell Cytotoxicity) if the lab processing the test is LabCorp.
  3. N

Comment by 'NVCFS2005' in 'LabCorp changed CPT Code for NK Cell Functional Assay Testing'

The test we are referring to is Natural Killer Cell Functional Assay or NK Cell Cytotoxicity. The result is one number measured in lytic units with a reference range of 5.8 - 59.2 LU10. LabCorp has not be responsive to our requests for details and documentation relating to this change...
  4. N

NK Cell Function Test and Medicare

In my case, LabCorp sends the test to Viracor. Since LabCorp is the Provider they are responsible for billing the insurance with the appropriate CPT code. Until September 2012 LabCorp used the CPT codes 88184 (x1) 88185 (x2) and my insurance paid. When they switched to 86849 my insurance...
  5. N

NVCFS2005

6. N

LabCorp changed CPT Code for NK Cell Functional Assay Testing

Has anyone noticed that LabCorp changed their billing codes and charges for the Natural Killer Cell Functional Assay Testing at some point between July and September 2012? In my situation it was changed from CPT code 88184 (x1) and CPT 88185 (x2), which is the industry standard coding for...